Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

BioShock

Game » consists of 33 releases. Released Aug 21, 2007

Venture into the mysterious, Utopian underwater city of Rapture and discover what has turned it into ruin in this first-person epic.

Just beat this game.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Relys

I played it at my cousins house when it first came out, but I never finished it. So, last week I was at the library and they had Bioshock for the PS3 for checkout so I decided to rent it.

It took me several hours of boredom to actually get into the game, but once I did my experience was incredible. The game is so immersible, and it has some of the best dialogue I've seen in a long time. The ending was very emotional for me, and I'll have to admit I shed a manly tear or two of joy (I got the good ending).

Also, it had interesting political undertones.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Yeah it's a good one.

Plus give me 5 bucks, would you kindly.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By demonbear

Welcome to 2 years ago?

Its a very, very solid game but im worried about the 2nd one. Its been made by so many different studios, the final product cannot be very good....

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Gabriel

Wouldn't it be great if it ended right after the golf scene with Ryan, instead of staying well past it's welcome for another 3 hours to get a bullshit ending, A man Chooses.....

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    @demonbear: I too am having doubts about the sequel.
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By DanielJW

Your library rents games? 

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zombie2011

I really didn't like the game it was a chore for me to playthrough. I rented it and got up to the part where you kill the guy with the golf club, i returned it after that just because i didn't want to play any more.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gabriel
    @zombie2011 said:
    " I really didn't like the game it was a chore for me to playthrough. I rented it and got up to the part where you kill the guy with the golf club, i returned it after that just because i didn't want to play any more. "
    It's too bad you didn't appreciate the golf scene, one of the most powerful in gaming history
    hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By hexogen

You liked the ending? I was disappointed with it. I wish it was more fleshed out. I thought a one minute pre-rendered video was just too brief and felt tacked on compared to how immersive the rest of the game was. It's still one of my favorite games, but if there was one thing I could change about it, it would be the ending.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By zombie2011
    @Gabriel said:
    " @zombie2011 said:
    " I really didn't like the game it was a chore for me to playthrough. I rented it and got up to the part where you kill the guy with the golf club, i returned it after that just because i didn't want to play any more. "
    It's too bad you didn't appreciate the golf scene, one of the most powerful in gaming history "
    I liked it i thought it was really good, so was the entire story. I just couldn't get into the gameplay, i suffered through it because i heard there was a great twist and once i got to it i just stopped playing because there was no more reason to play.
    JohnTheGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By JohnTheGamer

I loved the game and I consider it one of my favorites of all time. Congrats.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mordukai

the two problem I had, well technically three,  in an otherwise great game were... 

• *Silent Protagonist. 
    • The middle point of the game is far superior to it's ending. 
    • The ending, both of them. 

*This one is more of a personal preference as I always had problems relating to main characters that never spoke.  
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@Mordukai: Also, to be technical, the protagonist speaks in the beginning of the game, during the cutscene in the plane.  But, for whatever narrative reason, he says nil for the rest of the game.
    Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Relys
    @DanielJW said:
    " Your library rents games?  "
    For free brah. (All the systems. I was looking to boost up my GS, but they only had Bioshock for the PS3.) You should check if yours does too.

@Gabriel said:
    " Wouldn't it be great if it ended right after the golf scene with Ryan, instead of staying well past it's welcome for another 3 hours to get a bullshit ending, A man Chooses..... "

I beat it in a time span of 3 days.  It was starting to stay past it's welcome, but it didn't aggravate me too much.

Anyways, despite it's flaws I'm really glad I picked it up. It didn't cost me a dime to play and I feel that it was a worthy expenditure of my time. I know the middle of the game could have made a more climatic ending, but I like it the way it is. Instead of fucking the protagonist over, the game focused on his journey to salvation, and the entitlement to a real family.
    DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By DanielJW
    @Relys: Man, mine rents VHS's. That's about it. 
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By End_Boss

I, like many others here, think that game has two possible endings, and doesn't necessarily benefit from the second one.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By RsistncE

This is still on my "to finish" list.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Cornman89

Glad you enjoyed it. BIoshock was a hell of a game.

@Mordukai: I usually don't like silent protagonists either, but it was interesting in Bioshock because the game makes no difference between your feelings and Jack's feelings (i.e. Atlas doesn't just betray Jack, he betrays you, the guy holding the controller, too - he played you both), and thus has a justification for not giving Jack a strong presence. Still, personal preferences are personal preferences.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By dichemstys

I loved the ending to this game, and like @demonbear said:

" Welcome to 2 years ago?  Its a very, very solid game but im worried about the 2nd one. Its been made by so many different studios, the final product cannot be very good.... "
    the second one worries me. This game holds a place in my heart as a recent game that really had a hold on me, and from what the Bombcast has said...not good.
    K_PhaNTOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By K_PhaNTOM

"A MAN CHOOSES, AND A SLAVE OBEYS!"

That quote stuck with me for ages. Definitely one of the best games of the last decade. I can't see them toppin it with Bioshock 2, but let's hope.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CowMuffins

I beat it. I thought some of the events like the one with the rabbit statue guys and whatnot were cool. But, I never picked up any audiologs throughout the entire thing, and so the story was confusing and I didn't like it particularly. I want to play through it again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.