Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Sep 23, 2008

The 6th installment in Ubisoft's World War II Brothers in Arms series was released on the anniversary of Market Garden, September 23, 2008 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

First review - OXM - 9.0

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24

I just got my issue of OXM in the mail and their review of Brothers in Arms:  Hell's Highway sounds favorable.  In short the review summary was like this:

+Intense squad combat that spins a good story
    +Fantastic graphics and realism
    - Weird A.I. glitches; too-sticky cover system

Overall, the game looks really good and has a great mix of action and story, according to the review.  They also say multiplayer is fun, akin to Counter Strike and the achievements are very original.

I don't always trust OXM (Fight Night 3 got a 10), but this review looks honest.  I might get this game, as it looks pretty sweet.
    Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Schizoid

I'm glad it got a good score, been looking forward to this!

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By AaronBelfast

Why did this have to get a delay? I would've got this first day in August but now..well have you seen the list for October? Pass.

TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By TEAMHOLT

Gearbox seems more interested in telling a good story about soldiers in war than the sort of Hollywood war movie "AMURICA FUK YAH" kind of stuff you often see in games. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but more substance is good.

Hopefully that review is accurate and it's well worth picking up.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MKHavoc

I wasn't really that excited for this game, but if there are more reviews like this then I might pick it up.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jordan23
    This is refreshing to see, I had always hope that Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway will live up to the hype.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Captain_Fookup

there hasn't been much hype only review out is from OXM, which is kind of strange.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Randolph
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "there hasn't been much hype only review out is from OXM, which is kind of strange."
    It's possible people just don't get as excited for yet ANOTHER WW2 themed FPS as they used to.  It's completely played out.  Their is nothing else that can be done with such a game, and I think people are finally starting to realize these WW2 FPS are just the same game, over and over.  If you already have CoD2, and one of the older BiA games, then you basically already have games every bit as good as CoD: WaW, and this one.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Captain_Fookup

the BIA series is completely worth it, the last WW2 game I did play was earned in blood and now is a perfect time to play another one. Where else could they go with the series? the gulf war or iraq? The BIA series has a great story with deeper characters compared to the MOH and first two CODs including the expansion pack. Money isn't even an issue for me and I do plan on picking this up tonight or tomorrow morning so I can play it a bit before I go back to work.

HoldSteady828

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By HoldSteady828

I would consider going back to WW2 for this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.