Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Bulletstorm

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Stylish, ludicrous kills net big points in this ridiculously over-the-top first-person shooter.

Performance issue.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NekuSakuraba

So I picked up Bulletstorm knowing I could run it but for some reason the game is going past around 30fps even when I turn V-Sync off, I even put my settings to medium but still my framerate was low. Specs - 

Intel Core i7 920 2.66Ghz, 8MB Cache, 1066Mhz FSB, Quad Core 

Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5, X58/ICH10R Chipset, 6x DDR3 2000, 2x PCI-E x16, 2x GB LAN, SATAII, RAID 0/1/10, 8 Ch Audio, ATX 

eVGA GeForce GTX260 (675Mhz), 896MB DDR3 (2304Mhz), PCI-E 2.0, Exhaust Cooled, 2x DVI, HDCP, HDTV(Super Clocked Edition) 

Corsair 6GB Kit (3x2GB), PC-12800 (1600MHz) DDR3, Dominator DHX, 7-7-7-20, Triple Channel Kit 

Western Digital 1TB, Caviar Black, SATA-II, 7200RPM, 32MB Cache 

Windows 7 home edition 64bit 

Any suggestions on what to do? 

Thanks.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

No idea why that would happen, your specs are good enough i think.. 
    hope you get it fixed brah !

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By sameeeeam

I don't think there's any problem with your specs. I don't know why this would happen.

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4  Edited By Giantstalker
    A lot of Unreal engine games have locked framerates, generally at 30, not sure if this is one of them but that may be the issue. You might be able to disable it in a config file of some kind but I don't own Bulletstorm yet so I can't say for sure.

Just a guess.
    sorawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By sorawesome

You're not alone bro.
    I've got a 
    AMD Athlon 4 cores @ 3.0Ghz
    GTX 460 overclocked 

Game is still choppy, :/ I say it's a bad job on their coders for pc.

Don't worry, Battlefield 3 is being primarily made for pc so you have that to look forward to :)

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @sorawesome said:
    " You're not alone bro. I've got a  AMD Athlon 4 cores @ 3.0Ghz GTX 460 overclocked   Game is still choppy, :/ I say it's a bad job on their coders for pc.  Don't worry, Battlefield 3 is being primarily made for pc so you have that to look forward to :) "
    Aww, is there a way to make it run smoother? I don't want to find out I wasted my money. 
    CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I hope I can get a refund on the game.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Gizmo

This is why People Can Fly didn't put out a PC demo. 

Because it's a lazy console port that also happens to be badly optimized.  

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I never unerstand how people can have issues with PC games on monster rigs. 

I only run a Phenom 955, 4GB DDR3 with an HD4870, but I get next to perfect performance on literally every game I've tried, incl. Crysis. 

It obviously sounds like a poor-port.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By unchained

I was sure I read somewhere that Bulletstorm is having issues with PCs of all sorts. Been searching for it, but I havent locked it down yet.  

Edit: Just found it. Ars Technica article

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @Gizmo said:
    " This is why People Can Fly didn't put out a PC demo.  Because it's a lazy console port that also happens to be badly optimized.   "
    That really sucks.
    Avatar image for electricboogaloo
    ElectricBoogaloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By ElectricBoogaloo

I had the same problems with everything on high, vsync on and AA at x8, but turning off vsync and putting AA down to x2 managed to fix it. Now it runs fairly consistently at 62 fps, though as a result of turning vsync off there's some pretty bad screen tearing. Still, better than having the game run like junk.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By bybeach
    @CaptainObvious said:

"Here  http://www.bulletstormforum.com/bulletstorm-pc/567-definitive-fix-graphics-errors.html "

Interesting article. I cannot believe they tried to half-ass lock away mouse smoothing, that is an on/off function I have seen many times. 

I'm a little disappointed (again) with the attitude towards pc gaming lately by various groups, such as devs or the sites that review these games. Perhaps frustrated is a better word, because I kind of get this behind the scenes hostility almost, be it because of Pirating, preference of developing for or playing on, or just the fact PC gaming is not as democratic as consoles. There is no leveling device that everyone has the same thing. Plus, and I agree, Pc's can be a hassle in various ways. But again I t get this vibe of antagonism that is soft, it never proclaims itself, it just shuffles away for various reasons Pc development to the other studio, treats it as a console port which is ass-backwards technically, and often fails to provide the same perks such as dlc. I am thinking of such GB favs as Borderlands or Dead Space 2 here. Granted if it is Starcraft 2, ppl. will say their love of the game and such refutes this, but at the end of the day, it's really they do not have any choice in the matter. 

I'm not a big proponent of PC gaming, Bulletstorm might have been a better game on the 360. Or PS3. Though when I think of Painkiller and the Pc approach there and such, and not just the weapons, well, yeah People can fly was the developer, and yeah, I hear nice guns again. Okay. But keyboard and mouse were intrinsic to that game. 

Oh well. I guess I would tell you my impression is that Bulletstorm is not worth 60.00 on the pc.
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @bybeach said:
    " @CaptainObvious said:
    "Here  http://www.bulletstormforum.com/bulletstorm-pc/567-definitive-fix-graphics-errors.html "
    Interesting article. I cannot believe they tried to half-ass lock away mouse smoothing, that is an on/off function I have seen many times.  I'm a little disappointed (again) with the attitude towards pc gaming lately by various groups, such a devs or the sites that review these games. Perhaps frustrated is a better word, because I kind of get this behind the scenes hostility almost, be it because of Pirating, preference of developing for or playing on, or just the fact PC gaming is not a democratic as consoles. There is no leveling device that everyone has the same thing. Plus, and I agree, Pc's can be a hassle in various ways. But again I t get this vibe of antagonism that is soft, it never proclaims itself, it just shuffles away for various reasons Pc development to the other studio, treats it as a console port which is ass-backwards technically, and often fails to provide the same perks such as dlc. I am thinking of such GB favs as Borderlands or Dead Space 2 here. Granted if it is Starcraft 2, ppl. will say their love of the game and such refutes this, but at the end of the day, it's really they do not have any choice in the matter.  I'm not a big proponent of PC gaming, Bulletstorm might have been a better game on the 360. Or PS3. Though when I think of Painkiller and the Pc approach there and such, and not just the weapons, well, yeah People can fly was the developer, and yeah, I hear nice guns again. Okay. But keyboard and mouse were intrinsic to that game.  Oh well. I guess I would tell you my impression is that Bulletstorm is not worth 60.00 on the pc. "
    If Bulletstorm runs on PC like this and you can't fix it, it isn't worth $20.
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By Geno

I heard that it was a bad port. Rather strange, since it runs on UE3 :S

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @sorawesome said:
    "Don't worry, Battlefield 3 is being primarily made for pc so you have that to look forward to :) "
    man i feel fuzzy inside whenever someone mentions that fucking game <3 

Hey, since you got 4 cores of AMD Athlon, i should ask you: i got dual core 6000+ Athlon 3.00 GHz, and im gonna pimp this PC the fuck up when BF3 is out (planning on spending around 1 thousand USD). 
    if i get two more cores of the Athlon i got, will it be powerful enough, or should i go for a Phenom quad core ? 

im thinking Phenom, but if your quad Athlon are kicking ass, i might just do that 
    Unless the Athlon wont be compatible with the new motherboard im gonna get which is required by the next gen GPU im gonna get .. ehhh 
    monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By monetarydread

Your computer must have a virus or something. My specs are mostly equal and I don't have those problems at all. The game runs just fine, then again I am only running it at 1080p. What resolution are you trying to run it at?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By NekuSakuraba
    @MonetaryDread said:
    " Your computer must have a virus or something. My specs are mostly equal and I don't have those problems at all. The game runs just fine, then again I am only running it at 1080p. What resolution are you trying to run it at? "
    1680 x 1050. What fps and setting are you on?
    monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By monetarydread

1080p with everything maxed except for the postprocessing is on medium. I heard that for some reason 16x10 resolutions are borked in bulletstorm. Try running the game at 1600 x 900.

finstern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By finstern

Game runs perfectly on my pc so long as its fullscreen, average 45 fps. 

PC Specs: 
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz 
    Nvidia 9800GTX+ 
    4 Gigs of RAM 

Haven't upgraded this pc since 2007-2008ish. Playing with everything on full at 1920x1080, windowed gets me 16 - 20 fps though.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
    @MonetaryDread said:

" 1080p with everything maxed except for the postprocessing is on medium. I heard that for some reason 16x10 resolutions are borked in bulletstorm. Try running the game at 1600 x 900. "

This is true. It's all over the Bulletstorm official forums. The game hates 16:10 so switching to a 16:9 resolution should do the trick. Remember it's still a shitty console port, but I heard that the performance increase can be upwards around 40fps when using a resolution that the game properly supports.

I too am also playing at 1080p with postprocessing on medium and so far I have been getting alright performance at about 45-60 fps. 

Now if it would stop crashing to the desktop every ten minutes or so.....
    NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I turned post processing on medium and still using the 1680 x 1050 resolution and the game is running at around 40 - 60 fps and is totally playable now. 

Hooray! :D Thanks guys.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By floodiastus
    @Gizmo said:
    " This is why People Can Fly didn't put out a PC demo.  Because it's a lazy console port that also happens to be badly optimized.   "
    It is pretty fantasticly optimized imho, it runs super smooth on my rig and is the best looking game Ive played on PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.