Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Burnout Paradise

Game » consists of 27 releases. Released Jan 22, 2008

Burnout Paradise turns the Burnout series on its head by moving from closed set tracks to an open world full of events to experience both alone and in a group online.

your initial thoughts on the Bike Update?

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I am kind of meh on this update. I really enjoy the night and day time thing and the addition of bikes is cool but the bike crashes are no where near as satisfying and the bike races are stupid easy. The handling makes it pretty easy to control the bikes and I know that there is supposed to be less traffic at night but I feel that the traffic is way less in daytime also. The challenges are pretty fun but really just more of the same.  I think its a great FREE update but I don't know if I would pay for it.

callik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By callik

Bikes are made of an amazing indestructible material apparently. It'd be nice for a wheel to fly off every now and then D:

Still, I like it. Though it's only taken four hours to complete the licence and half the road rules and the races are hard not to win by excess of a minute in some cases it's something different and of course free so props to Criterion. Very true about the roads being devoid of traffic though; I went back to cars afterwards and crashed every other turn for a few minutes trying to readjust for the sudden arrival of other cars on the roads. Hope they add some stunts or other stuff in future to flesh bikes out a bit more.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

My question is this...why the hell rate the update? what does it matter if its not the absolute most amazing update ever? Its a lot of content for free...no one really has a reason to complain at all. If you were being charged money, bitch away, but honestly..

AvD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By AvD

It added a lot of new content for free which is more than anyone can ask for, bikes, new license progression, night/day etc., and so far they all seems like great additions.  My only issue is the lack of achievements for any new content, it kind of makes me less interested in completing it and the awards aren't doing it for me.  That and the bike crashes blow, which would be okay if it wasn't a game who's major selling point was the fantastic crashes that occur.  Other than that though it is a great (free) addition to an amazing game.

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Flushes

The bikes seem much more fluid to drive than the cars, to the point where I'm having doubts that I'll ever go back. The last bike you unlock is significantly better than any car in the game, and that's before you put the crazy awesome Canadian flag livery on it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

For a free update, they're great and very fun but also, I think having you doing the race alone takes away the 'Burnout' edge.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

I love it. I will never drive a car again...maybe.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By albedos_shadow

I too am kind of meh on it. I like the night driving and the road rules are SUPER easy, but there's something about there not being as many cars on the road that strikes me wrong.

PhilESkyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PhilESkyline

This is just a base people. They want to see how everyone accepts the bikes. I'm pretty sure another update will come shortly with actual races and billboards to crash. Heck, they might even have a Call of Duty like feature where you reset the game percentage and play all over this time with bikes instead of cars.

But again, this is just a base for them to build upon. Give it time...

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By samfo

I've posted most of my initial thoughts in the blog and plan to do another one soon as I've just got the 100% license. But it really is amazing for a free update!

Avatar image for deactivated-64c89b592b282
    deactivated-64c89b592b282

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 38

If it's for free, then it's for me.

samfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By samfo

Just finished my thought on the finished 100% update. Go download this update if you have BP, it is free and it is spectacular!

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By CharleyTony

Yeah its good not great but its free so Im prety happy with it. I think it'll help Burnout Paradise keep selling in stores since the price  is a little lower than when it lauched. That, in return will help keep the online modes filld with players a little longer.
    Criterion are really onto something with that kind of post release game support. I still dont know why it didnt sll that much. On vgchartz.com the numbers seem a little low to me ....

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By get2sammyb

You have to remember this is free. It's totally awesome post release support, and the very least is going to add an hour of gameplay onto the game you bought earlier this year (and that's if you only look into it to have a "quick" play around with the bikes).

You really have to hand it to Criterion, fan of the update or not, they could have charged £5, £6 maybe even £8 for this update and it would have sold to the hardcore fans. The fact they are doing so much for everyone who bought the game should really be noted because it's simply exceptional service.

My question is: do you think the "bike awards" will become trophies aswell as the normal Paradise Awards?

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By SpinCookie

I bought this game the other day just for the Bikes update, and man, I'm loving it so far.  It's easily one of the prettiest games I've ever played, up there with MGS4.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By kush

I personally don't like the bikes. I find them rather boring to drive and the lack of real crashes (and many times no crash at all) is annoying. I can't really say I'm disappointed since it's all a free package, but it's nothing special.

Replica23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Replica23

I'm really quite pleased with the update but I do have three criticisms. The update feels unpolished and rushed, unlike Cagney which brought some much needed energy to the game back in July. Another is lack of variety in motrocycle content. I'm not expecting anything vast or deep, but the ability to create online races should have been available. Why it's not is probably connected to my first criticism. Lastly, the content lacks challenge. The timed challanges Cagney brought to BP could be challenging at the time and they make the content in Burnout Bikes (Burning/Midnight Rides and timed challenges) seem like they were designed for people who had never played BP before. Luckily Criterion is a devloper with a long memory and good work ethic, I'm sure complaints will be resolved and suggestions implemented down the line.

Criterion has hinted at new content for motorcycles in the island update, not to mention this "secret update" they said would be coming sooner than we think. So we'll see what they do, but I'm not disappointed with Burnout Bikes. I just cannot ignore the gaping holes where ideas could have easily been put and the rushed feel. I guess it's more questions than complaints at this point, but I am happy with it. I can tell you one thing for certain, after spending 18 hours with the motrocycles I found it very difficult to go back to cars.
    Jigen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jigen

It's free, but I'm pretty meh on it too.  Night is just creepy without the city lights...  Bike crashes are really lame, but OK driving.  Like others have said, the new challenges aren't great either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.