No recent wiki edits to this page.
Cait Sith's name is based on Scottish/Irish folklore, hence why his canon voice has a Scottish brogue, and is properly pronounced like "kett shee
It is revealed during Final Fantasy VII
that Cait Sith is a remotely controlled (yet somewhat self-aware) "toy" being controlled by Reeve Tuesti
, the head of the Urban Development Department in the Shinra Corporation. The original Cait Sith was destroyed with the Temple of The Ancients, but a second model appears right after .
Cait Sith has appeared in many Final Fantasy related titles following VII, and the Advent Children movie.
In Final Fantasy VII Cait Sith's Limit Breaks are as follows:Level 1: Dice
Rolls a number of dice. Add the total of the dice roll and multiply by 100 to get the total damage. Cait Sith rolls 1 dice for each 10 levels he has gained. Example: Cait Sith is level 30, when he uses Dice he rolls 3 dice. The dice rolled show, 6, 2, 1. So the damage done is: 600 200 100=900. In certain cases, if the same number is rolled on two or more dice the damage is multiplied by however many dice rolled the same number. Level 2: Slots
Kill 40 enemies.
Another limit involving slots - this one has several different icons that do different things. There are several combos that each deal damage to the enemies. The more notable outcomes are listed below:
- 3 Stars: [Mog Dance] A small Mog appears and restore the party's HP, MP and negative status effects.
- 3 Kings: [Toy Soldier] Six toy soldiers appear and attack all enemies.
- 3 Bars: [Summon] Cait Sith uses a spell at random.
- 3 Mogs: [Transform] Cait Sith turns into a giant, causing the other party members to leave the battle until the end. Cait is the only one who gains experience, and the other two party members' HP drop to 3333.
- 3 Hearts: [Lucky Girl] Hit percentage raises to 100% for the rest of the battle.
- 3 Cait Sith: [Instant Victory] All enemies on the screen, even bosses, die instantly. This is EXTREMELY rare.
- 2 Cait Sith and a bar: [Death] Your party dies instantly. This is also EXTREMELY rare.
- Anything else: [Toy Box] A toy box will appear and deal small damage to the enemy / enemies.
Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII
In Dirge of Cerberus
, Cait Sith is a playable character on certain missions.