Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

Differences between the PS3 and PS2 versions

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Rianor

I know the PS2 version of COD: WAW has a different campaign than the PS3 and 360 versions do, it's supposed to be a companion campaign, that i get.

My question though, do any of you know what the actual differences are between the versions besides the obvious graphics differences and a different campaign?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

Whatever it is, don't get the PS2 version over the PS3 version.

Rianor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rianor

Oh I'm not, i have the ps3 version on it's way to me now, it's just depending on whats different i might rent the ps2 version and go through it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I`m not really sure, my best guess would be, a watered and dumbed down version of the 360/ps3 versions, it`s probably some half assed attempt for a quick buck to sell off the COD name.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

GODDAMN!!!!!

The PS2 is still supported. OMFG.

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By roushimsx

I'm really curious about this as well. Is the Wii version the same as the PS2 version or is the PS2 version entirely separate? How does the Wii version relate to the 360/PS3/PC versions?

If the PS2 version really is a different game (functioning as a companion piece to the main game akin to how Call of Duty 4 on DS was), then it looks like I'll have to pick it up afterall. It's a shame that the Xbox wasn't supported. I'd much rather play through the game on that platform than the PS2 (as I did with the earlier console-based Call of Duty games) :(

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail
    StaticFalconar said:
    "GODDAMN!!!!!

The PS2 is still supported. OMFG."
    And you are surprised?
    roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By roushimsx

Ok, just took a gander at it at the store. The PS2 version of the game is unique and entirely different from the other released versions.

I've gone ahead and removed PS2 from "Platforms" for World at War and submitted a new entry for Call of Duty: World at War Final Fronts. Hopefully I'll be able to turn up a cheap copy so that I can play through it and snap a bunch of shots. Kind of hard to score a killer bargain within a week of release, though...

edit - and it's made by Rebellion! I love those guys.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.