Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

I've played more Nazi Zombie mode than anything else in 2009

Avatar image for thefrostedgamer
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheFrostedGamer

COD: World at War was definitely a 4/5 game, but I think many websites downplay how great Nazi Zombies mode had became. I've also always felt Nazi Zombies was far better than Left 4 Dead (CoD Engine vs Source Engine). Anyway, just got finished playing in solo mode and I screenshot'd the end.  Technically my best (on the Der Riese map) is Round 26 in solo mode, and Round 33 with 2 guys online (no cheats either mode).  
    Any other NZ fans would like to post their high scores, feel free.

Equipment Used:
    Gut Shot (Shotgun Pack-a-Punch Upgraded)
    Spatz-447 + (STG-44 Pack-a-Punch Upgraded)
    Bowie Knife
    Monkey Bombs
    Bouncing Bettys

Perks:
    Juggernog
    Double Tap Root Beer
    Speed Cola

oorah
     oorah
    jimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By jimi

Left 4 Dead is better than Nazi Zombies.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Griddler
    @TheFrostedGamer said:
    " oorah "
    I 'effing hate when people say 'oorah'
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheFrostedGamer
    @girdz said:
    " @TheFrostedGamer said:
    " oorah "
    I 'effing hate when people say 'oorah' "
    I'm always the host when I play online, so I'm always Tank Dempsey (the american soldier). He says oorah a bunch. But I agree, it's goofy. Once you're in the game, and feeling the context, it's whatever. It's kinda like in Left 4 Dead videos when you see people yelling "reloading" a lot. At first glance it's kinda goofy, but you start to think about covering each other's reloads and it makes sense. I dunno.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax
    @Jimi said:
    " Left 4 Dead is better than Nazi Zombies. "
    This. I try to respect everyone's opinion on this site, but the fact that the OP thinks Nazi Zombies is better than Left 4 Dead made me lol hard.
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheFrostedGamer
    @natetodamax said:
    " @Jimi said:
    " Left 4 Dead is better than Nazi Zombies. "
    This. I try to respect everyone's opinion on this site, but the fact that the OP thinks Nazi Zombies is better than Left 4 Dead made me lol hard. "
    Oh don't worry, I'm not looking for respect from random strangers on the internet. Don't hold anything back. When the original Farcry came out for PC, I was loling at people who preferred Half Life 2 over it. I judge FPS's harshly, and a big part of it is the actual engine. The Source engine is crazy old now, and even in 2004 it was flat and non-immersive to me. By comparison to better engines anyway. Valve is the Blizzard of FPS: High-presentation games, but if they can get away with churning out games on an old engine for 20 years, it's all good. But don't worry - I understand all the reasons behind someone liking L4D more.
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax
    @TheFrostedGamer: Why does it matter that the Source Engine is old? World At War doesn't use a new engine either
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheFrostedGamer
    @natetodamax said:

" @TheFrostedGamer: Why does it matter that the Source Engine is old? World At War doesn't use a new engine either "

I guess that all depends on who you're talking to I guess. To Valve, if they sell a billion Source Engine games, it doesn't matter at all. If the sales are right, it's a solid, safe engine. I guess I consider the Source Engine old because it's been around since at least '04, and none of the subtle changes have changed my mind about it. The environments have a "flat" feel to them, and I find the "gunplay" far less satisfying/immersive than in a few other engines. I've never had any real issues with any of the Call of Duty engines (on the PC side), and I think that engine has only gotten better over time. No one said you couldn't lol at me for liking Nazi Zombies. Why can't I prefer COD's engine?
    Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Griddler
    @TheFrostedGamer said:
    " @girdz said:
    " @TheFrostedGamer said:
    " oorah "
    I'm always the host when I play online, so I'm always Tank Dempsey (the american soldier). He says oorah a bunch. But I agree, it's goofy. Once you're in the game, and feeling the context, it's whatever. It's kinda like in Left 4 Dead videos when you see people yelling "reloading" a lot. At first glance it's kinda goofy, but you start to think about covering each other's reloads and it makes sense. I dunno. "
    It mostly annoys me in movies and games, the macho-fist-bumpingness of it reallyyy gets on my nerves. Oh, and when people use it as a question, in Modern Warfare I think this happens.
    It's just a U.S. military thing but I very much dislike it. Sorry for the rant.
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheFrostedGamer
    @girdz said:
    " @TheFrostedGamer said:
    " @girdz said:
    " @TheFrostedGamer said:
    " oorah "
    I'm always the host when I play online, so I'm always Tank Dempsey (the american soldier). He says oorah a bunch. But I agree, it's goofy. Once you're in the game, and feeling the context, it's whatever. It's kinda like in Left 4 Dead videos when you see people yelling "reloading" a lot. At first glance it's kinda goofy, but you start to think about covering each other's reloads and it makes sense. I dunno. "
    It mostly annoys me in movies and games, the macho-fist-bumpingness of it reallyyy gets on my nerves. Oh, and when people use it as a question, in Modern Warfare I think this happens. It's just a U.S. military thing but I very much dislike it. Sorry for the rant. "
    Totally valid point. Oh man I've never heard that used as a question. That does sound ridiculous and douchey.
    TheFrostedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheFrostedGamer
    @PeasForFees: Dude I went to your profile and it says you made an avatar! You totally did!
    gungrave45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By gungrave45

with hit detection so bad you would have to play it a lot. 

step one: shoot the zombie
    step two: wait 5 seconds
    step 3: uhhhhhhhmmmm
    step 4: the bullets don't hit anything try again and maybe step 4 will be the bullets hit the zombie

seriously i have been at point blank range in front of a zombie in COD: WAW and shot him twice clearly with a double barrel shotgun and nothing has happened.  

This one is rare but this is happened to me once when i was playing alone,
    I shot a full magazine of a mp40 into a zombie with rapid fire on and it did nothing. it felt like the game couldnt handle the fire rate of the gun i used.

left 4 dead is much better in my opinion. there is no comparison.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.