Capcom Tease Mystery Title "DD"

#1 Edited by Contro (2040 posts) -

UPDATE:

Dragon's Dogma

The first details have come out for "Dragon’s Dogma", if a leak via a NeoGAF member is to be believed.

According to the user, Dragon’s Dogma is an action game powered by the MT Framework engine where players can explore an open world. Apparently, it “looks like Demon’s Souls,” when judging its dragons and other creatures, but is more of an action-adventure title rather than a role-playing game. Players control a customizable character who fights in a party of others. You can “sort of breed” the characters and trade them online. The poster compares the battle system to White Knight Chronicles.

UPDATE 2:

Makoto Ikehara's Twitter 

Breath of Fire V Dragon Quarter director Makoto Ikehara posted a Tweet yesterday in which he appears to complain that even though the teaser site used just the name's initials, everyone figured out the official name from the trademark filing.Ikehara did not actually say that he was referring to the Capcom site from yesterday, but  it's safe to assume what he was talking about

http://twitter.com/#!/maqauto/status/55494485047656448

UPDATE 3:

Capcom's Dragon Has Heart

OP:

Capcom have opened a new teaser page for a mystery new game, that has the initials "DD" in it's URL.

www.capcom.co.jp/DD/
What do you think it is? 

Whatever it is, it's going to be unveiled at Captivate soon, with Famitsu Magazine scheduled to do a follow up story covering six games that'll be shown at the event. These games will include; Street Fighter X Tekken, Asura's Wrath, Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City. That leaves two mystery games including this one. (I'm guessing the other title is a Monster Hunter game for 3DS)

There's a very subtle background image on the teaser page, to me It looks a little like a Firebrand motif, which leaves me to wonder if it could be a new Demon's Crest or Ghosts 'N' Goblins game.

Firebrand? 

Capcom's Christian Svennson has recently spoken about the series, after calls for a new game:
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27069093/Request_for_Demons_Crest_HD_Remix    

Sven

And I wouldn't mind seeing something like this someday myself. Not a lot of brand recognition (I'd say almost none for the broader marketing) but a good game at the foundation.  That said, noted on the request and no news to share unfortunately.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (500 posts) -

Darkstalkers

#3 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Dead Diving, a beach party themed minigame collection in the Dead Rising universe.

#4 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
#5 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

Dastardly Devils. I'm so tired I can't even think of a good idea... umm, it's about two kids, who are actually devils, and they go around trying to save the world from their father's plan of world domination. Sure, why the hell not.

#6 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

Most likely Darkstalkers, doesn't matter what "DD" represents. That or the NGP Monster Hunter, but it's doubtful.

#7 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (500 posts) -
@Contro: Double Darkstalkers
#8 Edited by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -
#9 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2725 posts) -

Darkstalkers Durbo.

#10 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@Scarlet_Rogue said:
" Darkstalkers "
I wish.
#11 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@Scarlet_Rogue: 

OK OK, your skill with imagination wins.

@Ineedaname: 

You could be onto something, DD boobies in Capcom's games have been on a notable decline in recent years.
#12 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

It's just been announced that Capcom has picked up the rights for highly coveted Demolition Derby franchise.

#13 Posted by MonetaryDread (2066 posts) -

Lemme guess. Capcom is teaming up with KFC to make "Double Down," the video game.

#14 Posted by KingBroly (1645 posts) -

Double Dragon

But the logo looks like Ghosts n' Goblins to me.
#15 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@KingBroly said:
" Double Dragon

But the logo looks like Ghosts n' Goblins to me.
"

Ghosts n Goblins, Demon's Crest or Gargoyle Quest, take your pick.

#16 Posted by guiseppe (2842 posts) -

No idea what this is, but I do love me some double D's.

#17 Edited by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -
@guiseppe said:

"No idea what this is, but I do love me some double D's. "

Boo ya

#18 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2910 posts) -
@KingBroly said:
" Double Dragon"
Capcom doesn't own Double Dragon. You're right though, that looks a hell of a lot like the Ghosts N Goblins logo.

Ttile Screen

#19 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma is seeming like the most valid possibility. I doubt Capcom would fuck with Firebrand by giving him a tail... Despite not being able to see a head properly, the motif appears to be olde English & Welsh depiction of a Dragon.

#20 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Contro said:
" Dragon's Dogma is seeming like the most valid possibility. I doubt Capcom would fuck with Firebrand by giving him a tail... Despite not being able to see a head properly, the motif appears to be olde English & Welsh depiction of a Dragon. "
Also they often use strange stuff to refer to a project. And have it nothign to do with the project. So DD might just be a place holder. 
#21 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Contro said:
" Dragon's Dogma is seeming like the most valid possibility. I doubt Capcom would fuck with Firebrand by giving him a tail... Despite not being able to see a head properly, the motif appears to be olde English & Welsh depiction of a Dragon. "
Also they often use strange stuff to refer to a project. And have it nothign to do with the project. So DD might just be a place holder.  "

Yea, companies have wisened up to the whole url and site assets thing.
#22 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
#23 Posted by Icemael (6338 posts) -

The site has been updated with a heart for the dragon, and images of vast, beautiful landscapes with old castles have been found. The leak about it being an open-world game seems pretty likely now, I think.

#24 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Images found on the site code:

?
#25 Posted by xyzygy (10026 posts) -

Oh wow. I was thinking this game would be for the 3DS or something... but those screens obviously point at a 360/PS3 release. Awesome.

#26 Posted by yoshimitz707 (2453 posts) -

Those look really good!

#27 Posted by Juvenfly (125 posts) -

Breath of Fire I and II were two of my favorite RPGs growing up (right up there with Chrono Trigger, Lufia 2 and FFI, IV and VI), despite the fact that there may have been RPGs that were better games...none of them let you turn into a giant fucking dragon and waste fools.  Dragon Quarter was pretty neat too, if a little impenetrable at first glance.  It was very rewarding once you got the hang of some pretty unusual mechanics (I'm looking at you SOL system). 

Not exactly getting my hopes up for a new BoF game, much less a good, new BoF game, even with all this...but if it happened, I'd preorder the shit out of that game.

#28 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Unknown

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.