Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Would Catherine be the perfect choice for the inevitable third GB Endurance Run?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By wickedsc3

They will never do another endurance run.  

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By MeierTheRed

I hope not, would suck. Persona 4 was seriously boring.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The third endurance run needs to be a game that is long and obscure. Catherine is likely neither.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By JB16
    @100_Hertz said:

You know what I don't get?  People who declare with such confidence that there will never be another one.  What, did you hate the ER so much that one must never rear its head again for you to remain happy, or do you just love being a contrarian hipster so much that you need to vehemently condemn something that makes this online community (of which you're a part of) happy? 

This, I also find it sad that every GB veteran feels they must tear the head off every newbie that asks about another endurance run.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By iamjohn
    @mutha3 said:
    @HandsomeDevil said:
      Jeff has gone out of his to say he won't do Catherine. 
    Jeff be crazy, son.
    Said "won't do," not "wouldn't do," which makes sense considering she's not real.  We're still good.
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By mutha3
    @100_Hertz said:
    You know what I don't get?  People who declare with such confidence that there will never be another one.  What, did you hate the ER so much that one must never rear its head again for you to remain happy, or do you just love being a contrarian hipster so much that you need to vehemently condemn something that makes this online community (of which you're a part of) happy? 
    The aggressiveness is a bit too much, I agree,  but come on dude, there have beena million threads on this. Its kind of obnoxious to keep seeing it pop up so often.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @RE_Player92 said:
    @100_Hertz
    I don't say it with confidence but I would not be surprised if they come out tomorrow and say," Hey guys we are never doing an Endurance Run again. Stop asking." 
    They've already said that. Several times. They've said it to anyone who was asking after the Persona 4 ER and they're saying it to anyone who asks after the Deadly Premonition ER. They even make a joke about it in the beginning of the Catherine QL EX. 
    Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Cloudenvy
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    @RE_Player92 said:
    @100_Hertz
    I don't say it with confidence but I would not be surprised if they come out tomorrow and say," Hey guys we are never doing an Endurance Run again. Stop asking." 
    They've already said that. Several times. They've said it to anyone who was asking after the Persona 4 ER and they're saying it to anyone who asks after the Deadly Premonition ER. They even make a joke about it in the beginning of the Catherine QL EX. 
    Exactly this, I really doubt that it's going to happen.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Turambar
    @JB16 said:
    @100_Hertz said:

This, I also find it sad that every GB veteran feels they must tear the head off every newbie that asks about another endurance run.
    We don't hate endurance runs.  I loved them and would love one for Catherine.  But when the staff has gone on record and stated "There will never be another Endurance run of an Atlus game, and probably will never be one again period," that sends a very clear message.  Further, threads like these pop up very regularly on an almost bi-weekly basis, asking the exact same question.  You can see how that becomes annoying rather quickly. 
    owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By owl_of_minerva

It wouldn't, and they won't do it because one Atlus game is enough as far as they're concerned. The puzzle mechanics don't look fun and they'd be even less fun to watch.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By mutha3

He does make a fair point about the members who ask always being dogpiled on by the community. I'm sorry, guys, but you can't blame new members for not knowing what Jeff said in some podcast on some date before they probably started visiting the site. Likewise, maybe the staff should consider actually putting this stuff on frontpage regarding their stance with ER instead of placing it in obscure places like formspring or a 9 month old bombcast episode.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By louiedog

Third? Bad Dudes gets no respect....

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @owl_of_minerva said:
    It wouldn't, and they won't do it because one Atlus game is enough as far as they're concerned. The puzzle mechanics don't look fun and they'd be even less fun to watch.
    Deadly Premonition's mechanics were horrible, yet many people obviously enjoyed watching it. Not everyone enjoys watching turn-based JRPGs (it can also be very frustrating), but many people enjoyed the P4 Endurance Run as well. Most people watch these, I think, to see how the staff react to certain situations in the game, mostly story ones. Check the Best of Endurance Run P4 videos; the majority of them are the staff making funny remarks in situations that have nothing to do with the battle system. From both Catherine QLs, I think it's safe to say that a Catherine ER would be pretty awesome, given how crazy that game is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.