Dance Central 2 is the second installment in the series by Harmonix. The game was announced at the Microsoft E3 2011 Press Conference and was released worldwide in late October, 2011. It is the sequel to the first Dance Central game released in November 2010, which uses the Kinect infrared and camera sensors to track body movement.
- Simultaneous two-player Dance Battles, which can be either head-to-head or cooperative.
- Drop-In / Drop-Out support, allowing anyone to join a solo dance mid-song by raising their hand.
- Career Mode, in which players meet Dance Crews and challenge them to Dance Battles. The game now follows a light narrative arc, similar to Rock Band 3.
- Improved Break It Down mode, featuring selectable individual moves and in-song navigation controls.
- Players are now able to navigate ingame menus entirely with voice controls.
- "Freestyle mode", where the game takes a break from choreographed moves, is now completely optional in all Dance Central 2 songs.
- A proper ingame music store, in which songs (and dance moves) can be previewed before purchase.
- Dance Battle mode now features segments in which players are shown an array of four moves and compete to do them first.
- The ability to create and play setlists up to 20 songs long. Several setlists are included on the disc.
- An enhanced Workout Mode, that can be toggled on and off from the main menu.
Dance Central 2 featured 44 on-disc songs at launch. It is also compatible with all 32 songs exported from the first Dance Central, as well as all DLC released to date -- making for a total of over 100 songs available at launch. (Pre-Dance Central 2 songs are compatible with every feature introduced in Dance Central 2, aside from removing freestyle mode.)
The complete song list was released on October 18 2011.
- Atlantic Connection And Armanni Reign - Reach
- As made famous by Britney Spears - Toxic
- B.o.B. feat. Bruno Mars - Nothin on You
- Bananarama - Venus
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Bruno Mars - Grenade
- Chingy - Right Thurr
- Ciara - Goodies
- Daddy Yankee feat. Fergie - Impacto (Remix)
- Daft Punk - Technologic
- Darude - Sandstorm
- David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy Chick
- Digital Underground - The Humpty Dance
- Donna Summer - Hot Stuff
- Electric Valentine - Body To Body
- Enrique Iglesias feat. Pitbull - I Like It
- Exile - I Wish for You
- Far East Movement feat. The Cataracs and Dev - Like a G6
- Flo-Rida feat. David Guetta - Club Can’t Handle Me
- Gnarls Barkley - Run (I'm A Natural Disaster)
- Haddaway - What Is Love?
- Justin Bieber - Somebody To Love
- Kevin Lyttle - Turn Me On
- Kurtis Blow - The Breaks
- La Roux - Bulletproof
- Lady Gaga - Bad Romance
- Lady Gaga - Born This Way
- Lena - Satellite
- Little Boots - Meddle
- Mary J. Blige - Real Love
- Missy Elliott - Get Ur Freak On
- Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
- New Boyz - You’re A Jerk
- Nikki Minaj feat. Sean Garrett - Massive Attack
- O-Zone - Mai Ai Hee (Dragostea Din Tei)
- P. Diddy feat. Keyshia Cole - Last Night
- Remy Ma - Conceited (There’s Something About Remy)
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
- Tweet feat. Missy Elliot - Oops (Oh My)
- Usher feat. Pitbull - DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love
- Usher feat. Ludacris & Lil' Jon - Yeah!
- Willow Smith - Whip My Hair
All DLC from Dance Central is compatible with Dance Central 2. Removing the freestyle sections will not work on any pre-Dance Central 2 songs, though.
|Artist||Song Title||Crew & Character||Release Date|
|Lady Gaga||Marry the Night||The Glitterati (Jaryn)||November 22, 2011|
|Lady Gaga||The Edge of Glory||Lu$h Crew (Ms Aubrey)||November 22, 2011|
|Rihanna||What's My Name||Flash4wrd (Taye)||December 20, 2011|
|Rihanna||S&M||The Glitterati (Jaryn)||December 20, 2011|
|Rihanna||Only Girl (In the World)||Flash4wrd (Li'l T)||December 20, 2011|
|Ne-Yo||Closer||Hi-Def (Mo)||January 10, 2012|
|Busta Rhymes||Don't Touch Me (Throw|
da Water on 'Em)
|Riptide (Bodie)||January 17, 2012|
|C+C Music Factory||Gonna Make You Sweat|
(Everybody Dance Now)
|Riptide (Emilia)||January 24, 2012|
|Cee-Lo Green||Forget You||Hi-Def (Glitch)||January 31, 2012|
|Michael Franti & Spearhead feat.|
|Say Hey (I Love You)||Riptide (Bodie)||February 14, 2012|
|Kelis||Milkshake||Lu$h Crew (Ms. Aubrey)||February 21, 2012|
|LMFAO||Party Rock Anthem||Hi-Def (Mo)||February 28, 2012|
|Chris Brown||Yeah 3X||Riptide (Bodie)||March 13, 2012|
|Janet Jackson||Escapade||Riptide (Emilia)||March 27, 2012|
|Janet Jackson||Nasty||Lu$h Crew (Ms. Aubrey)||March 27, 2012|
|Yolanda Be Cool & DCUP||We No Speak Americano||Hi-Def (Glitch)||April 10, 2012|
|Kelly Rowland Ft. David Guetta||Commander||The Glitterati (Kerith)||April 17, 2012|
|Pitbull Ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer||Give Me Everything||Lu$h Crew (Angel)||April 24, 2012|
|Spice Girls||Spice Up Your Life||Flash4wrd (Li'l T)||May 8, 2012|
|Diddy-Dirty Money Ft. T.I.||Hello Good Morning||Riptide (Bodie)||May 15, 2012|
|A Tribe Called Quest||Scenario||Hi-Def (Glitch)||May 22, 2012|
|Flo Rida ft. T-Pain||Low||Flash4wrd (Taye)||May 29, 2012|
|Iyaz||Replay||Lu$h Crew (Angel)||June 12, 2012|
|Nelly||Hot In Herre||Hi-Def (Mo)||June 19, 2012|
|Kat DeLuna Ft. Elephant Man||Whine Up||Flash4wrd (Taye)||June 26, 2012|
|Selena Gomez & The Scene||Round & Round||Lu$h Crew (Ms. Aubrey)||July 10, 2012|
|Demi Lovato||La La Land||Flash4wrd (Li'l T)||July 17, 2012|
|Justin Beiber Ft. Jaden Smith||Never Say Never||Hi-Def (Mo)||July 24, 2012|
|Jeremih ft. 50 Cent||Down on Me||Lu$h Crew (Angel)||August 7, 2012|
|Naughty By Nature||O.P.P.||Hi-Def (Glitch)||August 14, 2012|
|Kevin Rudolf ft. Lil' Wayne||Let It Rock||Riptide (Bodie)||August 21, 2012|
|Nelly Furtado Ft. Timbaland||Promiscuous||Lu$h Crew||August 28, 2012|
Dance Central 2's Crew Challenge Mode features five dance crews. The crews battle against one another, in a style reminiscent of fighting games and games like Bust-A-Groove. Each crew has a venue of their own.
is composed of Angel and Miss Aubrey, both returning from Dance Central 1. Their venue is a yacht with a helicopter on it, and the skyline of a city in the distance.
is composed of Taye and Li'l T. Taye returns from DC1; Li'l T is her little sister, and one of the game's two teenage characters. Their venue is a minigolf course with a prehistoric theme.
is composed of Emilia and Bodie. Emilia returns from DC1; Bodie is a new character. Their venue is a beach at sunset, with surfers and a bonfire in the background.
is composed of Mo and Glitch. Mo returns from DC1; Glitch is the game's other teen character, described as a dance prodigy by Harmonix. Their venue is a subway station/train, where they "keep it underground".
The game's first completely original dance crew, composed of twin brother-and-sister Kerith and Jaryn. Their venue is a rooftop set in front of a darkened city skyline. Their attitude runs counter to the other crews, who are generally encouraging and sportsmanlike.
Though all five playable crews have been revealed, Harmonix has stated that boss battles in the game's career mode may provide a venue for some other DC1 characters to return.
Hidden and Bonus Crews
There are several hidden crews in Dance Central 2 that are unlockable by completing various challenges and gaining stars in the crew challenge mode.
D-Cypher includes CYPH-56 (Pink) and CYPH-78 (Blue). This crew is unlocked by completing the crew challenge mode on easy or medum which means getting at least 4 stars on each crews unlockable song in a dance battle played one after another with no breaks in between.
This crew features Dr. Tan and CYPHELITE (Bernice). This crew is unlocked after completing crew challenge mode on hard.
The ninja crew was unlocked by users installing the Dance Central 2 Challenge Facebook App. Shinju and Kichi make up this crew. Shinju appeared in Dance Central after entering the code LUXURY at the title screen.
This crew was unlocked after the worldwide online player community earned a combined total of 100 million stars. Marcos (Blue) and Frenchy (Pink) form this crew. They are named after 2 of the choreographers that worked on the game. This crew 2 of the silhouettes that make up the dance previews on the song select and downloadable content purchase screens