Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Island Riptide

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Apr 23, 2013

Crash-land into another zombie-infested tropical island in this direct sequel to the 2011 survival horror action RPG, Dead Island.

Update: Co-op mode on PC version now fixed apparently

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Krakn3Dfx

Just a heads up to anyone contemplating picking this up on the PC, the co-op is non-functional at this point. Deep Silver is saying it's a priority to fix, but until that happens, especially for a game where half the enjoyment is through playing co-op, I would say hold off and see how this plays out.

I pre-ordered this months ago because I was a big fan of the original, and it had it's problems as well, but I kind of game them a pass because it's a new, interesting IP, but this isn't even a sequel, it's the same engine, same assets for most of it, and somehow they managed to break what is probably the most enjoyable aspect of the game.

Huge bummer, buyer beware.

UPDATE: According to a Twitter post and a couple of posts on the Steam forums, co-op is now working. I won't be able to test it personally until later this afternoon, if so tho, awesome.

https://twitter.com/deadislandgame/status/327508710538743810

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Glad I talked my friend out of buying it then. We'll probably pick this up when it's on sale.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I was going to pick it up with the same expectations as you had (that it was a fun, if a sort of fucked-up, zombie-killin' game), but I figured I'd wait a while for those exact reasons. Hopefully they patch that up ASAP. What a shitty problem to have in a co-op game.

Krakn3Dfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

According to a developer post on the Steam forums, they plan to have a fix out in the next 4 hours. I guess we'll see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.