Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Worst review ever?

• 154 results
    RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By RE_Player1
    @iAmJohn said:
    " @MordeaniisChaos said:

" Also, remember that he is writing for gamers. Expecting them to have a sophisticated handle on the English (or any other) language is a little silly. "

A review by a professional writer should read like it's written by someone who is paid to write, not a nine-year-old.  And arguing that "gamers" cannot understand good writing is fucking stupid and horrifyingly offensive.  Sorry if I'm an adult and I'd like games criticism written to read like it was written by someone at my intelligence level. 

Also, comparing this to Brad's review is equally asinine since Brad's review is well written.  You know, like something from a professional writer should be.  This is exactly why games writing - hell, writing in general - is fucked.  The rise of shitty attention-grabbing blogs has somehow convinced everyone that professional writers don't have to be held up to the most basic of standards, such as being able to write semi-coherently and intelligently or doing simple things like fact checking or editing.  If we don't have standards, nothing will ever get better.  Attitudes like this are completely part of the problem. "
    Amen brother. 
    FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#152  Edited By FreakAche

Oh yeah, this is that thing that people were overreacting to on Reddit. I had hoped Giant Bomb was above that kind of thing. The review seems fine to me.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#153  Edited By wrathofconn

I don't know when it became unreasonable to expect anyone to have a firm grasp on language. If you made it through school without learning how to write proper sentences and string them together into paragraphs, which many people have, that's perfectly fine if you're writing in a diary. However, if you're writing something that is meant to be read by someone else, especially if it's supposed to inform them or help them form their on opinion on a subject, respect your readers enough to write it competently. It doesn't really have anything to do with whether you get paid to do it, or whether your point gets across in the end. Grammar Nazis are performing a public service.

Does any of this actually apply to the review in question? Don't know, didn't read it. If it applies to a comment you've made in this thread, though, think about it!

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @Hamz said:
    " Please actually explain why you find the review to be so terrible rather than link us too it and expect people to work out why you personally dislike the review ;) "
    +1
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#155  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @BulletproofMonk said:
    " @Jimbo said:
    " HELLO I AM 8 AND ON MY SUMMER HOLIDAY I PLAYED DEAD SPACE 2 AND TEHN I ATE A APPLE AND LOTS OF COOL STUFF!! THEN I HAD A SLEEP THANK YOU.  9.0 "
    Lol'd.  Thank you. "
    Lol that is exactly what I thought when I read the first paragraph.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.