Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space 2

Game » consists of 18 releases. Released Jan 25, 2011

Dead Space 2 is the sequel to the 2008 surprise hit Dead Space. The no-longer-silent Isaac Clarke finds himself trapped on a city-sized space station called the Sprawl, which has been overtaken by another Necromorph infestation.

Worst review ever?

• 154 results
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#51  Edited By Icemael
    @takua108 said:
    " EDIT: For all of you morons saying that most of the criticisms in that image are trivial... WRITING ENGLISH SENTENCES IS WHAT THIS PERSON DOES FOR A FUCKING LIVING! The man gets paid to write English sentences summarizing his experiences playing video games. Read Giant Bomb reviews sometime and notice how they rarely (if ever) have anything anywhere near this level of erroneousness about them.  (Chrome tells me that "erroneousness" is a real word, and I feel awesome for assuming it is.) "
    Most of the "errors" aren't errors, just things that could have been written more elegantly. And that type of flaw is acceptable, because he's a reviewer, not a fucking poet -- as long as the criticism is good, the quality of the writing is almost irrelevant.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#52  Edited By Bones8677

I listened to the most recent Game Scoop where they were talking about the review. At the time, people were only complaining about a single spelling error or whatever. But I knew it was a bad sign when the guy who proof read Greg's review was half asleep and drunk and therefore didn't notice anything.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#53  Edited By takua108
    @Icemael said:

" @takua108 said:

" EDIT: For all of you morons saying that most of the criticisms in that image are trivial... WRITING ENGLISH SENTENCES IS WHAT THIS PERSON DOES FOR A FUCKING LIVING! The man gets paid to write English sentences summarizing his experiences playing video games. Read Giant Bomb reviews sometime and notice how they rarely (if ever) have anything anywhere near this level of erroneousness about them.  (Chrome tells me that "erroneousness" is a real word, and I feel awesome for assuming it is.) "

Most of the "errors" aren't errors, just things that could have been written more elegantly. And that type of flaw is acceptable, because he's a reviewer, not a fucking poet --  

as long as the criticism is good, the quality of the writing is almost irrelevant. "

call of duty black ops was a pretty good game I liked some parts of the story a lot and other parts were really hard to follow but the end result was a story that was pretty different from the other call of dutys and thats pretty cool its good to see the series trying new things because the over the top action movie style of the modern warfare games is getting old and they need to move on. i didnt think that treyarc could do as good a job making a story for a call of duty game as infinity ward did because i didnt really like world at war very much but i was surprised that they pulled through pretty well and i even kind of liked the zombie mode in this game when i thought it was really stupid in world at war because what the hell are zombies doing in my call of duty game?!?! i should probably also say that i didnt play much world at war infact i just played it like once at my friends girlfriends house with his little brother. the multiplayer isnt really an improvement over modern warfare 2 it does some things differently like letting you buy your perks and weapons and stuff with cod points instead of unlocking them at a certain level like in call of duty 4 and modern warfare 2 but you still cant buy some things unless your at a certain level anyways so its not like they completely got rid of the old system but yeah the new system works out pretty well. i liked making a sick giant bomb logo with the emblem editor and it was cool to get higher level to unlock more layers also i bet my giant bomb logo is better than yours!!! at first i didnt like some of the killstreaks at all such as guard dogs which completely suck and are op and stuff but then i got used to them and theyre ok i guess now. the maps are mostly pretty good their interesting and varyed but everyone just wants to play nuketown and firing range all the time! and even tho there good maps to play on sometimes it just sucks that everyone wants to play them all the time! at least its not at bad as when the game first came out and you had to keep playing the same levels over and over again so you were literally stuck on nuketown forever cuz everyones dumb but now you get to play a map twice in a row at most before it makes you pick a different one which works out ok i guess. the game was pretty good overall and i liked it a lot and im now ok with treyarc making cod games in the future but im still not sure they should call the next one modern warfare 3 but they probably will and its not a big deal i guess but i would recommend this game to anyone who liked call of duty 4 and modern warfare and wants something a little new and doesn't mind some things being very different from what there used to and if this is how you are then you will probably have a good time playing this game but if you didnt like those games then you probably wont like this one lol obviously 4/5 

--- 

That was almost physically painful to write, so I hope I've made my point. (Edited to remove a few more commas that I missed.)
    WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By WEGGLES
    @Icemael said:
    " @takua108 said:
    Most of the "errors" aren't errors, just things that could have been written more elegantly. And that type of flaw is acceptable, because he's a reviewer, not a fucking poet -- as long as the criticism is good, the quality of the writing is almost irrelevant. "
    How is writing quality irrelevant when dealing with someone who writes for a living? 

The review seems like a 4th grader wrote it. 
    BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By BabyChooChoo

So if I understand this correctly, he still gets paid to write about games while countless people, who aren't being paid, dissect each and every little thing he says in order to put him on blast. There is a winner and a loser in this situation and Greg Miller is not the loser.

If you feel that strongly about it, leave a calm, polite comment on the page and move on.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By DystopiaX

Worst written? Probably, but IGN has put out some crap that made me rage harder.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By takua108
    @PrimeSynergy said:

" So if I understand this correctly, he still gets paid to write about games while countless people, who aren't being paid, dissect each and every little thing he says in order to put him on blast. There is a winner and a loser in this situation and Greg Miller is not the loser.  If you feel that strongly about it, leave a calm, polite comment on the page and move on. "

This is going to sound even more lame than that, but I don't really care about the article itself as much as the people who think that the article is "good enough," if that makes any sense. I feel that I'm pretty justified in that a.) I'm a grammar fiend and b.) it's 2:40AM here and I have homework I should be doing, so I'm writing posts on a video game forum arguing about grammar instead of doing it. 

Also, there's nothing wrong with pointing out that an article as poorly-written as this one was published on a major game website. The "dissection" is admittedly extreme, but at least it tries to (but apparently fails to) show the people who say  that the article is "good enough" or that the errors "aren't that big of a deal" just how poorly-written it is. 

Also, it's kind of infuriating to see people writing so poorly nevertheless get paid for doing so. If this was some low-to-no-budget fansite, this argument wouldn't even exist.
    Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#58  Edited By Undeadpool
    @CaptRoFL said:

" Firstly, I feel the need to point out that I'm kind of a noob at this and this criticism has left me a little... lost? But I shall plow on ahead none the less. My main complaint is with the authors style of writing constantly using words such as "cool" and "heavy" it's the kind of writing an moron could come up with. And his use of slang is frankly ridiculous. I'm not really sure what to think about Dead Space 2 when this person writes... it's all dumbed down. Is it IGN that is terrible or is it their staff?   On a different note, however I would like to have some advice on how to improve myself as a GB member and to not be an asshole. "

IGN has pretty awful reviews. Check out Brad's review right here on this very site if you want an example of a GOOD review. 
    Edit: As for improving yourself as a member, just talk about what you don't like in your original post instead of just giving us a link. Try to generate some discussion on your own instead of leaving it to us. Don't be so self-conscious, we want to know what you think.
    DjCmeP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By DjCmeP
    Harmonican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Harmonican
    @takua108 said:
    EDIT: For all of you morons saying that most of the criticisms in that image are trivial... WRITING ENGLISH SENTENCES IS WHAT THIS PERSON DOES FOR A FUCKING LIVING! The man gets paid to write English sentences summarizing his experiences playing video games. Read Giant Bomb reviews sometime and notice how they rarely (if ever) have anything anywhere near this level of erroneousness about them.  (Chrome tells me that "erroneousness" is a real word, and I feel awesome for assuming it is.) "

Thank you. You don't even have to be a native English speaker (I'm not) to see just how terrible that review was.
    TJ311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By TJ311
    @takua108 said:
    " @Icemael said:

" @takua108 said:

Most of the "errors" aren't errors, just things that could have been written more elegantly. And that type of flaw is acceptable, because he's a reviewer, not a fucking poet --  

as long as the criticism is good, the quality of the writing is almost irrelevant. "

call of duty black ops was a pretty good game I liked some parts of the story a lot and other parts were really hard to follow but the end result was a story that was pretty different from the other call of dutys and thats pretty cool its good to see the series trying new things because the over the top action movie style of the modern warfare games is getting old and they need to move on. i didnt think that treyarc could do as good a job making a story for a call of duty game as infinity ward did because i didnt really like world at war very much but i was surprised that they pulled through pretty well and i even kind of liked the zombie mode in this game when i thought it was really stupid in world at war because what the hell are zombies doing in my call of duty game?!?! i should probably also say that i didnt play much world at war infact i just played it like once at my friends girlfriends house with his little brother. the multiplayer isnt really an improvement over modern warfare 2 it does some things differently like letting you buy your perks and weapons and stuff with cod points instead of unlocking them at a certain level like in call of duty 4 and modern warfare 2 but you still cant buy some things unless your at a certain level anyways so its not like they completely got rid of the old system but yeah the new system works out pretty well. i liked making a sick giant bomb logo with the emblem editor and it was cool to get higher level to unlock more layers also i bet my giant bomb logo is better than yours!!! at first i didnt like some of the killstreaks at all such as guard dogs which completely suck and are op and stuff but then i got used to them and theyre ok i guess now. the maps are mostly pretty good their interesting and varyed but everyone just wants to play nuketown and firing range all the time! and even tho there good maps to play on sometimes it just sucks that everyone wants to play them all the time! at least its not at bad as when the game first came out and you had to keep playing the same levels over and over again so you were literally stuck on nuketown forever cuz everyones dumb but now you get to play a map twice in a row at most before it makes you pick a different one which works out ok i guess. the game was pretty good overall and i liked it a lot and im now ok with treyarc making cod games in the future but im still not sure they should call the next one modern warfare 3 but they probably will and its not a big deal i guess but i would recommend this game to anyone who liked call of duty 4 and modern warfare and wants something a little new and doesn't mind some things being very different from what there used to and if this is how you are then you will probably have a good time playing this game but if you didnt like those games then you probably wont like this one lol obviously 4/5  --- That was almost physically painful to write, so I hope I've made my point. (Edited to remove a few more commas that I missed.) "
    it was soo painful to read that i didnt even read all of it. my eyes hurt...
    shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#62  Edited By shiftymagician
    @takua108 said:
    " @Icemael said:

" @takua108 said:

call of duty black ops was a pretty good game I liked some parts of the story a lot and other parts were really hard to follow but the end result was a story that was pretty different from the other call of dutys and thats pretty cool its good to see the series trying new things because the over the top action movie style of the modern warfare games is getting old and they need to move on. i didnt think that treyarc could do as good a job making a story for a call of duty game as infinity ward did because i didnt really like world at war very much but i was surprised that they pulled through pretty well and i even kind of liked the zombie mode in this game when i thought it was really stupid in world at war because what the hell are zombies doing in my call of duty game?!?! i should probably also say that i didnt play much world at war infact i just played it like once at my friends girlfriends house with his little brother. the multiplayer isnt really an improvement over modern warfare 2 it does some things differently like letting you buy your perks and weapons and stuff with cod points instead of unlocking them at a certain level like in call of duty 4 and modern warfare 2 but you still cant buy some things unless your at a certain level anyways so its not like they completely got rid of the old system but yeah the new system works out pretty well. i liked making a sick giant bomb logo with the emblem editor and it was cool to get higher level to unlock more layers also i bet my giant bomb logo is better than yours!!! at first i didnt like some of the killstreaks at all such as guard dogs which completely suck and are op and stuff but then i got used to them and theyre ok i guess now. the maps are mostly pretty good their interesting and varyed but everyone just wants to play nuketown and firing range all the time! and even tho there good maps to play on sometimes it just sucks that everyone wants to play them all the time! at least its not at bad as when the game first came out and you had to keep playing the same levels over and over again so you were literally stuck on nuketown forever cuz everyones dumb but now you get to play a map twice in a row at most before it makes you pick a different one which works out ok i guess. the game was pretty good overall and i liked it a lot and im now ok with treyarc making cod games in the future but im still not sure they should call the next one modern warfare 3 but they probably will and its not a big deal i guess but i would recommend this game to anyone who liked call of duty 4 and modern warfare and wants something a little new and doesn't mind some things being very different from what there used to and if this is how you are then you will probably have a good time playing this game but if you didnt like those games then you probably wont like this one lol obviously 4/5  --- That was almost physically painful to write, so I hope I've made my point. (Edited to remove a few more commas that I missed.) "
    Point Made.  I never ask for mastery of literacy from reviewers, but reasonable lengths and some commonsense with grammer is all I ask.  However, I myself cannot ever get angry about any badly written review, as I just feel getting crazy over literacy problems is kind of sad.  That's just me though, and the reviewer could at least try a little harder to make the writing quality better next time.
    takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By takua108
    @WR311: Your eyes hurt? I can't sleep due to insomnia, and I had to proofread it three times to remove any commas, apostrophes and capitalization I accidentally left in! A small part of my soul was destroyed with each read-through.
    dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#64  Edited By dagas
    7.5Presentation
    Simple, easy rules and explanations. Plus, BOOBS!
    7.0Graphics
    Boobs! Boobs! And more Boobs! I mean, what else matters when there are at least 120-plus BOOBs here!
    7.0Sound
    Boobs! Boobs! And more Boobs! Do you hear me? Who cares what itsounds like.
    7.5Gameplay
    So once you unlock the BOOBS, and you see the cheerleader BOOBS, you'll get the chance to see more BOOBs. BOOBs.
    7.5Lasting Appeal
    The single-player campaign has 1,000 alternative questions for sloppy seconds, but it should last best as a mulitplayer game. (BOOBS!!! BOOBS!)
       Is it as bad as this IGN review? 7.7 for The Guy Game when it has around 45 % avarage. Not surprising coming from the site that gave DoA Xtreme Beach Volleyball 9.2/10.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#65  Edited By vidiot
    @WEGGLES said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @takua108 said:
    Most of the "errors" aren't errors, just things that could have been written more elegantly. And that type of flaw is acceptable, because he's a reviewer, not a fucking poet -- as long as the criticism is good, the quality of the writing is almost irrelevant. "
    How is writing quality irrelevant when dealing with someone who writes for a living?  The review seems like a 4th grader wrote it.  "
    I get what your saying, but I think you can only take the "different standards because it's a review" so far Icemael. 
    He might not be a poet, but there are clearly some grammatical errors there. As for the lack of "elegance", you're supposed to nitpick things that are professionally written. It's the reason why in English classes, we had our teachers rip-apart our writings. That feeling of dread, as an editor or an objective reader, crosses out entire portions of what is personally ours
    It can also encourage yourself, to use personal editing techniques: Like reading out-loud your own writings.

This review reads, like no-one else looked at it...Even the writer...No matter how you cut-it: It's gives an impression of being unprofessional. 
    IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By IBurningStar

I tried to read the review; I got about four paragraphs in and gave up. I was starting to get the impression that Dead Space 2 is a game for stupid people, so I stopped before it completely colored my perception.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#67  Edited By l4wd0g

You all don't like gameovergregy's review? He's a "Star" of IGN.  I would assess IGN hired him for his personality and passion for their podcasts (as he has been on everyone, include the god awful Girlfight).

Anyway, IGN targets a different audience than GiantBomb. They target the masses, where as most of the people who read GiantBomb are a little more "hardcore."

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By geirr

No.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#69  Edited By Yanngc33

Its sounds like a child wrote it. He's just giving brief facts with no opinion at all and seems to use remarques that he's heard before without actually knowing how to use them

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#70  Edited By Jaktajj

On the one side - writing is a form of communication, if the reviewer communicates what he is trying to say, then he's done his job. At the end of the day, we all understand what he was saying about the game. So on the one side, maybe he respects the reader for 'knowing what he means' and doesn't have to spell everything out in a hand-holding-sterile way?

On the other side - he's a professional writer so he should have mastered all of the concepts of writing skills and grammatical details that he missed in that review. Whichever way you look at it, he's laughing all the way to the bank. More power to him.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#71  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Good review would read again.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By CptBedlam

" But I have lots of favorite parts to Dead Space 2."

What? 

Yup, the writing in this review is laughably bad. They'll probably get into trouble soon if they continue to let kindergarten children do the work.

edit: The internet has already dealt with it in the best way:   

http://i.imgur.com/cFm8Q.png 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#73  Edited By WinterSnowblind
    @MattyFTM said:
    "IGN's original review of Football Manager 2009 is the worst I've ever read. It was terrible. So terrible that they pulled the review and re-reviewed it. "

I remember Gamespot doing something similar with Neverwinter Nights 2.  They basically complained how the game wasn't Oblivion, then gave it a really low score..  Despite the fact it was supposed to be more along the lines of the classic D&D games like Baldurs Gate and the original Neverwinter.  It was actually really good as well, so disliking it simply because it wasn't an open world game was really shallow.
    McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By McGhee

Greg Miller is a cool dude and a funny podcaster. I wouldn't say that the review is all bad but some of it is pretty damn rough. Everyone has a bad day.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By TwoOneFive

it certainly is bad. i would have guessed  a 7th grader wrote it. 

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By Slaker117
    @dagas:  Holy crap. I just looked it up and still can't believe that that is real. What the hell IGN? How do you justify paying someone to write that?
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#77  Edited By KaosAngel

It's all over Reddit, and the reviewer called out Reddit...and then Reddit shot back.   

Can't spell ignorant without IGN, and seeing as how IGN is owned by FOX...I am not surprised.

Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ignor
    Oh, the humanity!
    *Picture of Hindenburg*
    FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FourWude

So bad, it's good.

I can feel his raw emotions being conveyed with the simpleness of the wording. If language is necessarily imprecise, being at times ambiguous and vague, then why not strip it down to its bare essentials. I believe this is what the reviewer intended, to break the complexity of language and the difficulty conveying meaning through it down to its most base level. By retaining simplicity the article allows us to see insights into the writers thoughts which complex language would obfuscate. Stripping oneself of redundant words allows the writer to express themselves in a manner of profound freedom. Language is inhibiting, limited, by recognizing this fact the writer has liberated themselves from writing conventions which hinder more than help.

Ladies and gentlemen, what you read was not a child like diatribe into a mans thoughts of a videogame. What you read was the future of journalism. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6418ef3727cdd
    deactivated-6418ef3727cdd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, I was reading it yesterday and thought it was some of the worst writing I had ever seen. It's just painful to read through such a low quality article. Especially when you consider that IGN is one of the biggest gaming websites out there.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#81  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@CaptRoFL said:

"Check this out:  http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/114/1145332p1.html What do you think? "

Worst post ever? Im not saying it is, but what do you think? 
    Dude you can't say things like that without explaining why do you think it is such a bad review.
    AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AuthenticM

Wow, this guy does not grasp the english language pretty well.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#83  Edited By natetodamax

The first paragraph is bad enough.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#84  Edited By natetodamax

I don't know if this was posted but holy crap 

No Caption Provided
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Dany
    @Mr_Skeleton: Poor grammar, poor wording, difficult to read.
    nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By nintendoeats

Yup, this article is terrible. I don't know where that image came from, but I agree whole-heartedly. Somebody needs to introduce the IGN staff to this essay.

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Troispoint

Wow this is laughlably bad, thx for that image.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By ryanwho

I suppose I don't need to listen to their podcast to know his response to this 3rd grade book report getting so much red ink will be "haters gonna hate, I have a girlfriend".

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Icemael
    @takua108 said:
    " @Icemael said:

" @takua108 said:

Do you know what the word "almost" means?

@WEGGLES said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @takua108 said:
    How is writing quality irrelevant when dealing with someone who writes for a living?  The review seems like a 4th grader wrote it.  "
    Almost irrelevant, for fuck's sake. The reason being that the point of video game criticism (and any criticism, really) is, well, criticism, not beautiful writing. As long as the criticism is good and the writer gets his points across clearly (which this IGN reviewer does), things like "crude writing" barely matter.
    jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jozzy
    @Icemael said:
    Almost irrelevant, for fuck's sake. The reason being that the point of video game criticism (and any criticism, really) is, well, criticism, not beautiful writing. As long as the criticism is good and the writer gets his points across clearly (which this IGN reviewer does), things like "crude writing" barely matter. "
    I do not agree at all, a reviewer should be able to critique a game in such a way that it's not a chore to read. A reviewer should be able to do both.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Icemael
    @jozzy said:
    " @Icemael said:
    Almost irrelevant, for fuck's sake. The reason being that the point of video game criticism (and any criticism, really) is, well, criticism, not beautiful writing. As long as the criticism is good and the writer gets his points across clearly (which this IGN reviewer does), things like "crude writing" barely matter. "
    I do not agree at all, a reviewer should be able to critique a game in such a way that it's not a chore to read. A reviewer should be able to do both. "
    If the criticism is good, the text is easily readable (and the text in this IGN review is, aside from that one long-ass sentence, very easy to read) and you're actually interested in what's being criticized, a review can never be a chore to read.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By KaosAngel
    @natetodamax: Yo, you gonna credit Reddit or just steal it without mentioning it's from Reddit?
    benjaebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#93  Edited By benjaebe
    @natetodamax: You forgot to post the several follow-up Reddit posts and comments where everyone corrected his corrections and pointed out how fucking pedantic or downright incorrect most of them were.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By KaosAngel
    @benjaebe said:

" @natetodamax: You forgot to post the several follow-up Reddit posts and comments where everyone corrected his corrections and pointed out how fucking pedantic or downright incorrect most of them were. "

Oh god that picture of all that text.  I was dying in the morning as I read that...so much text for the morning. 
    Avatar image for glorious_leader
    glorious_leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By glorious_leader
    @Icemael said:
    " @jozzy said:
    " @Icemael said:
    I do not agree at all, a reviewer should be able to critique a game in such a way that it's not a chore to read. A reviewer should be able to do both. "
    If the criticism is good, the text is easily readable (and the text in this IGN review is, aside from that one long-ass sentence, very easy to read) and you're actually interested in what's being criticized, a review can never be a chore to read. "
    Way I see it, in a field saturated with people competing for a job, it should be those that are both masters of the English language and excellent critics of the video game industry that get paid for this kind of thing.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Fallen189
    @KaosAngel said:
    " @natetodamax: Yo, you gonna credit Reddit or just steal it without mentioning it's from Reddit? "
    Why the fuck does that matter? Do you source every image you use? Get over yourself . 

I guess that goes with everyone in this thread. Another several pages of dissenting wankers making themselves feel better by ragging on a website review. Great work.
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By KaosAngel
    @Fallen189 said:

" @KaosAngel said:

" @natetodamax: Yo, you gonna credit Reddit or just steal it without mentioning it's from Reddit? "
    Why the fuck does that matter? Do you source every image you use? Get over yourself .   "
    This entire situation is due to Reddit and how amazing some of the posters were the past couple days.   

-n
    TerraDelu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By TerraDelu

Man, that reads like a 6th grade book report.

bigsmoke77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By bigsmoke77
    @ProfessorEss: Oh you mean the fact that they asked for a review copy  and were not given one and then when the crew got time to play it they loved it, except for Jeff because the beginning of the game really turned him off. The start of that game had some messed up parts and you could tell it was not polished like the rest of the game and the arguement " come on man keep playing it gets alot better" doesn't work.
    SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SSully

I cannot believe some people think that is an acceptable review. I would understand if it was a forum post, or a user review because that is something someone does in their free time. They are not obligated to bother with proper grammar, sometimes they do not have the time. This video game "Journalist" job is to write coherent reviews. He gets paid to do it, that is how he makes a living. He failed to do that, and is getting bashed according to that. Not only did he do a poor job writing it, but the fact that his editor let this piece of garbage get posted is hilarious. All writers have bad days, hell everyone who has a job messes up, but those mistakes are usually caught and fixed before put into effect. Hopefully they redeem themselves and take down this review and have him redo it. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.