Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Does Team BR Complain Too Much?

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By themoon13
    Before you read and post: Remember that this isn't a place for you to bash anyone at Giant Bomb or Deadly Premonition. Let's not have this turn ugly.

I saw some disputes in the comments about this and was wondering what people think on the whole.

I think they're perfectly fit to say what they want about DP (*snicker*), but they also kinda didn't give the game any sort of honest chance from the get go. Seeing the two different takes on the game is enjoyable, but I could always do with fewer sighs.
    NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By NinjaHunter

I'm starting to think Brad complains too much. It's fine if he sees something stupid and points it out but he just doesn't stop. I feel like 75% of what he says is a complaint and there not even new complaints he's starting to repeat himself. 

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Well the game is complete shit.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Usually, in a quick look or something, this would be a problem. But in the endurance run, it's just amusing, because you know the're going to keep doing it, and keep playing it. 

Or maybe i'm just a sadistic bastard...
    leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By leviathan

I think some people already know my thoughts on Brad, as per my thread regarding him. His constant complaints and negativity annoys me too. Yes, we know it's a shit game but give it a chance.  
    Gotta say though, the game does seem pretty poor, and is probably frustrating to play.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By WickedCobra03
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " Well the game is complete shit. "
    This.  I wouldn't say it is complete garbage.  I mean honestly, what does it not do?  What is completely broken?  What is so unbalanced that breaks the game?  Again, there is nothing that this game does very well either.  I started out watching Team BR only because I thought they were the only ones doing it this time, so now that I do watch both, I will watch Team BR first just about all the time.
    Smokay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Smokay

I think team BR is really a downer I much prefer team VJ

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By cap123

i don't mind them pointing out shit bits and making fun of the game, it's just the constant sighing that annoys me i guess. Just seems like brad's having no fun at all, which kinda sucks to watch and listen to. At least Vinny, Jeff and Ryan are enjoying the shittiness of  the shitty parts.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hourai

With all the complaining and nitpicking it's obvious that they're not enjoying the game at all, which in turn makes it difficult for me to enjoy watching them.  The Endurance Run shouldn't be like a review or quick look.

The VJ run is pretty fun, since they're just rolling with it and goofing around. Maybe Brad and Ryan will open up to it eventually.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Romination

YOU WOULDN'T HAVE GIVEN THIS GAME A CHANCE EITHER. Dude. Look at it. The graphics aren't there, it's $20 and it's got a 58 on Metacritic. But because of things like the Destructoid review (don't pretend you didn't take that into account) and people being like 'it's so bad it's good' is the only reason you're taking it bad. Plus, it is hilariously bad. That doesn't make it good to play through. Maybe they just like bad games less.

themoon13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#11  Edited By themoon13

If I remember correctly from the eaaaarly days of the P4 ER, you are allowed to stop any time you want, right? Obviously they won't stop playing the game because the ER is so popular, but it would be absolutely hilarious if they did.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
    SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

I haven't watched a single episode of BR yet, but that's because I'm not a fan of Ryan's overall...erm, "demeanor" and I don't want to have to listen to him beyond the podcast.  

Does that fit within the boundaries of "not bashing"? 

Edit: I should mention, I haven't watched a single full episode of BR.
    conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By conker

I think that, in order to get the full experience, it is necessary to watch both teams. Though I will say that since I dont have much time these days, I tend to only watch team VJ, with the occasional team BR. I would also like to point out that I enjoy team VJ much more than team BR, simply because during the VJ playthroughs, I am almost constantly laughing.
    leviathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By leviathan
    @Hourai said:
    " With all the complaining and nitpicking it's obvious that they're not enjoying the game at all, which in turn makes it difficult for me to enjoy watching them.  The Endurance Run shouldn't be like a review or quick look.  The VJ run is pretty fun, since they're just rolling with it and goofing around. Maybe Brad and Ryan will open up to it eventually. "
    Yeah it just seems BR are the "oh this is shit, *sigh*.... what a bad game" whereas VJ is more like "oh this is shit, *giggle* lawl"
    Talesavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Talesavo

The game is shit, what do you expect them to do? Cheer joyously while they suffer through the horrible gameplay?

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By rjayb89

I don't hear complaining I hear the sweet soothing voice of Brad.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Coltonio7
    @Shirogane said:
    " Usually, in a quick look or something, this would be a problem. But in the endurance run, it's just amusing, because you know the're going to keep doing it, and keep playing it.  Or maybe i'm just a sadistic bastard... "
    This is why I watch.

Also, I love you.
    emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By emkeighcameron

I love the idea of a dual ER but the BR team should be given a different game. They clearly don't enjoy playing Deadly Premonition, and they shouldn't be forced to. They're simply don't like it, and most of us won't enjoy listening to the boredom/irritation they exhibit. 

Watch the Choo-Choo Mania throwback quicklook if you want an example of Ryan being amped about a game and tell me that's not more entertaining.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shirogane
    @Coltonio7 said:
    " @Shirogane said:
    " Usually, in a quick look or something, this would be a problem. But in the endurance run, it's just amusing, because you know the're going to keep doing it, and keep playing it.  Or maybe i'm just a sadistic bastard... "
    This is why I watch.  Also, I love you. "

You know, you're the second person on GB who's said that in the last few hours...
    rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By rjpelonia

A little bit, yeah. It's mostly from Brad really, really, really not wanting to have any part in it.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jkz

The thing is, Ryan actually seems to enjoy the parts of the game outside of the combat (which is the general consensus), given his comment on having to suffer through the combat to get to the good stuff in the latest video (paraphrasing of course). He has quietly scolded brad a couple times about his negativity, and he seems truly interested in the story, considering how he always tells brad to keep going when they hit saves and Brad wants to stop. 

There's nothing wrong with Brad complaining (it may be more frustrating having to play as well as take in the absurdity), but I feel like he came into this giving the game no chance to entertain him; but hey, I can't fault him for that. The game gives a terrible first impression, and the combat in particular is pretty damn bad; I just wish he could see past the game's faults at times.  

Poorly written, but it's late and I'm watching mythbusters (hell yeah).

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Crono

I think Brad complains about as much as people who complain about him complaining.

YellowKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By YellowKing

The thing is, Brad complains as much over the mistakes he makes independent of the controls as he does the game in general.  Constantly forgetting to reload his gun and use the handbrake is a good example of this.  Ryan sounds like he's getting kind of fed up with it too, particularly when he watched a zombie charge up and shoot him.  When a monster's glowing, that's never a good thing.  

Haven't seen him do anything on the order of the Bufu debacle yet.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Kyreo

Answer: Yeah.  I deliberately dont watch Team BR because Ryan is too serious and Brad whines like a woman. 

Thats a little harsh.  Brad just has higher standards for games...

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Gav47

Brad and Ryan get sit done

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
    deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

It's fine. This game clearly isn't for everyone and I think it's fun to see the different personalities there, those who can look past the awfulness and those who can't. We know he's going to play it to the end anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me that much.

harrypmgaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By harrypmgaga

I've got the game - just because the graphics suck doesn't mean that the game sucks. Sure it's not perfect (especially the profiling bits [picking up clues] and the driving bits), but the rest of the game is actually really solid. I'm actually enjoying it thoroughly, sans the two mechanics above.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ArchScabby

Brad complains too much about everything.  It's what he does.  It wouldn't be a Brad quicklook/video/podcast if he didn't act like he didn't want to be there.

Avatar image for deactivated-643fcf03a370c
    deactivated-643fcf03a370c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Shirogane said:
    That's pretty much the same reason why I'm watching their endurance run.
    yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#31  Edited By yoshimitz707

Team BR needs to complain more.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Capum15

A bit much, but it's still fun to watch.

I don't really mind it though, because it kind of shows two perspectives. BR don't like it, VJ accept it's suckiness and embrace it.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bones8677

I find Brad to be far too quite, there's a lot of dead air in the BR videos, or where it's just Ryan talking. It's great that they are doing it, it's still pretty early in the Run.

The_Patriarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By The_Patriarch
    @rjayb89 said:
    " I don't hear complaining I hear the sweet soothing voice of Brad. "
    This. 

Plus, I find his pain understandable, and hilarious. 
     I like both endurance runs, but watch BRs first. I like how they dont talk much during the cutscenes. Also, I dont think there was as much bitching in episode 5 as there was in the previous episodes, but that could just be me. I think they both seem to be getting into the mystery of it all, so if its as good as the games defenders have said it is, hopefully the story can suck in all the guys soon enough. 
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Ulong

I actually like the game, I bought it because of finding out about it here and it really is crazy good. All be it, the combat sucks, but the game itself has so much charm it's still one of my favourite games of the year so far. I can't even explain reasonably why it's good it's just amazing.

That said, there's nothing wrong with Ryan and Brad complaining about the game, thinking it sucks. I actually really like Ryan on these endurance runs so far. The problem is brad isn't hating on the game from a positive happy place, Brad is outright unhappy. I'm sure I said in one of the video coments, it's possible to hate on the game and still be happy well you do it. Right now Brad is making it uncomfortable to watch. Brad can keep hating the game but he needs to lighten up and be happy well he does it. It's not fun to listen to him sound like he's being forced to participate in the endurance run under threat of being fired or something.

Valestis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Valestis
    @SirOptimusPrime said:
    "
    I haven't watched a single episode of BR yet, but that's because I'm not a fan of Ryan's overall...erm, "demeanor" and I don't want to have to listen to him beyond the podcast.  

Does that fit within the boundaries of "not bashing"? 

Edit: I should mention, I haven't watched a single full episode of BR. "
    Oh yeah? Well check this out:
    No Caption Provided
    ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ch3burashka
    @JeffGoldblum said:
    " Well the game is complete shit. "
    Perhaps, but that's not what's being discussed. 

It's all in the attitude: Team VJ embrace the terribleness, sucking it all up. Team BR, specifically B, is not feeling the true nature of the Endurance Run. VJ take their time, while BR aim to clear the game ASAP.

It's called Endurance Run, fellas!
    Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mysterysheep

I think BR are kind of lightening up to it. The first episode was painful but now they seem to understand what's to like about the game.

Avatar image for fish_face_mcgee
    Fish_Face_McGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By Fish_Face_McGee
    @Shirogane said:
    It's the reason why I like the BR one so much.  There's something really entertaining about them being so annoyed with the game.  I could almost see the meeting where someone suggested that all 4 of them play their ER game and Brad wanting none of it.  Then he gets picked to actually play the game, too.
    Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Korone

I'm actually starting to enjoy BR far more than I do VJ.

At first, Brad's complaining kind of turned me off, but it doesn't bug me anymore. It feels more like he' saying it in jest now.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TriangleHard

I feel Jeff and Vinny TRIES to enjoy the game.

While Brad and Ryan seems more like stuck doing this because it's their job.

Would be nice if they keep more of open mind about this, but then again the different attitude for different team is what makes it interesting. 

So in my mind, I get to see how cool people would approach this game (VJ) and how a typical American gamers would approach this game (BR)

ZettaSlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ZettaSlow
    @TriangleHard said:
    " I feel Jeff and Vinny TRIES to enjoy the game.  While Brad and Ryan seems more like stuck doing this because it's their job.  Would be nice if they keep more of open mind about this, but then again the different attitude for different team is what makes it interesting.   So in my mind, I get to see how cool people would approach this game (VJ) and how a typical American gamers would approach this game (BR) "
    They are being such TYPICAL AMERICANS. UGH.
    rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43  Edited By rachelepithet

Vinny & Jeff got pretty bored and frustrated during Persona, grinding old dungeons, moving around in the dated PS2 engine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.