Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Defense Grid: The Awakening

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Dec 08, 2008

A Tower-Defense game for the PC and XBOX Live Arcade developed by Hidden Path Entertainment

Defense Grid 75% off on Steam

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#1  Edited By LordAndrew

From now until May 13, Steam is offering Defense Grid: The Awakening for 75% off. At $20 the game is a bit of a hard sell, but at $5 I say you should go for it.

Here's the official description from the Steam Store:

Defense Grid: The Awakening is a unique spin on tower defense gameplay that will appeal to players of all skill levels. A horde of enemies is invading, and it's up to the player to stop them by strategically building fortification towers around their base. Beautiful environments, spectacular effects, and a dynamic, engaging soundtrack bring the world to life. The controls are intuitive and the gameplay is deep — the special attacks and properties of each tower work together to provide many ways to succeed.
    • High Replayability There are approximately 8 hours of gameplay in the main storyline, and many hours of play in challenge modes that give players unique starting conditions and objectives. Each game level is very replayable, and can be solved in many different ways, with increasing rewards for improved efficiency.
    • Wide Variety of Enemies Over the course of the game, players battle 15 different enemy types that become increasingly stronger, and employ a variety of strategies in an attempt to bypass the player's defenses. As the levels progress, the enemies become tougher and more difficult to defeat.
    • 20 Unique Levels Defense Grid: The Awakening has 20 unique environments, each with a different placement of roads, tower build locations, and open areas to plan a strategy around.
    • Numerous Tower Options and Upgrades There are 10 different tower types with 3 levels of capability each. Each tower has unique trade offs that affect ideal placement, such as line-of-sight attack or ballistic trajectory fire. Some towers improve other nearby towers, and some are ideal at specific locations, such as a rear guard tower that unleashes a devastating attack.
    • Steam Achievements Successfully completing each level provides a bronze achievement award. Additional goals provide silver and gold awards for a particular level. A novice player may be able to survive the onslaught, but only an experienced player will be able to get all of the gold achievements.
    Avatar image for theineffablebob
    TheIneffableBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TheIneffableBob

$5 is a steal. Buy it. It's a great game.

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By Knives

Awesome. Great deal.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lunarbunny

The cores. They're making off with them!

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CoverlessTech

You said tower defense and I got excited. I saw 3D and closed the window.

ColbyLane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ColbyLane

I just bought this with no idea what this game is about. That's a great price so I'll take this recommendation. Thanks for the heads up.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Looks cool. I might check it out.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Hamz
    MattyFTM said:
    "Looks cool. I might check it out."
    For us UK gentlemen it is £3.50 and I'd say that is damn well worth the price for this game. Downloading it now and will hopefully get a few games in soon.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Well I got it, and I'm really enjoying it. Played it for about an hour, finishing the first 4 levels and got shit loads of achievements. It's really cool.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#10  Edited By LordAndrew

So I guess I have more people to compete with for high scores now. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.