Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

I have a bad feeling about this game...

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Chummy8

Just look at the overview...

-

• The game will have a "Call of Duty" style auto-healing mechanic instead of the hitpoints system used in the first game.

• -

• Combat won't be influenced by stats.

• It looks like they are trying to make Dues Ex a shooter.  IMO one of the best things about the original Dues Exs was the way that it blended a fps with rpgs and the fact that there were many solutions to a problem.  If they turn this into a generic cyberpunk shooter, I will be severly dissappointed.  And while I am a sucker for all things cyberpunk, I don't want to buy another generic shooter (even though Project Snowblind was pretty good)

But at this point it is WAY too early to tell in what direction they are going with this game so hopefully I am just jumping to conclusions. 

I just don't want another dumbed down shooter for the masses, that is the last thing we need.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah, i am getting some bad mojo from this game. I hope it turns out well. But i am not expecting it.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By kush

From what I have read I don't see any reason to be worried that it might suck...I am a huge fan of the series and I think this game is actually looking good.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Chummy8
    Kush said:
    "From what I have read I don't see any reason to be worried that it might suck...I am a huge fan of the series and I think this game is actually looking good."

I freaking love the series.. and I am right there with you in hoping that it doesn't disappoint.
    atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By atejas

Meh....it might be a good game in it's own right, mockery of the franchise though it undoubtedly shall be, but I'm not holding out hope.
    If we're lucky, nobody buys Eidos and they sink, forcing them to sell their IPs to  more deserving developers.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Snail

I hope that they don't ruin this franchise.. We have enough used-to-be-great fucked up franchises out there!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By jakob187

If you watch the Yahtzee video for Guitar Hero World Tour, he has a funny little thing about Deus Ex at the end of it...put to song, nonetheless!!!  I couldn't stop laughing at it.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zitosilva

Hum... regenerating health and combat that's not influenced by stats don't attract me at all... but as you said, it's too early to pass any judgment, let's wait a little more.

yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By yellownumber5
    zitosilva said:
    "Hum... regenerating health and combat that's not influenced by stats don't attract me at all... but as you said, it's too early to pass any judgment, let's wait a little more."
    agree.  Auto healing should be something you "earn" through upgrading your character.  Invisible War was fun because its still had a good depth of story, and a nice graphical sheen, but a generic gameplay that looses any of the leveling up that the first Deus Ex really undermines what made the game even a recognizeable place in gaming history.

I am not looking forward to the next installment until they can show they are staying true to what the original Deus Ex first introduced in leveling up a character, and also giving one hell of a level design to accomodate these leveling choices with each map, like the first one.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By weltal

Fantastic, it's Dues Ex 2 - The Sequel.

I know, I know, don't judge a game before it out but honestly after the terrible follow up to the original game I can't help but be pessimistic. The second game wasn't even that bad but unfortunately it took out most of the great aspects of the original. Why? I mean, you'd think they would learn and perhaps bring back the skill system, but no, they continue to shit all over the people who actually want a return to the greatness of the original and instead make a nice mass marketable game. Bah.

Hell, I'm probably over reacting but god damn it I love the first game to death and I would hate to see this drag the game further down. Maybe It'll be great and I'll eat my words, I really, really hope so.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not really a fan of the series, but those changes seem pretty bad.

Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Worm

With all die respect I kind of like the idea of enhancing the FPS elements in this game, having both RPG and real time action, I don't see what's wrong about this, actually.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By zitosilva
    Worm said:
    "With all die respect I kind of like the idea of enhancing the FPS elements in this game, having both RPG and real time action, I don't see what's wrong about this, actually."
    One of the greatest things about Deus Ex, in my opinion was how you felt you'd be improving your skills along the game. How in the first stage you could barely used a sniper rifle because of all the trembling, but later on you'be good because of the skill points you spend on it. If combat is no longer involved by skills, it would mean you'd sort of be a badass from the begining of the game. Which for me takes away some of the fun.

But, again, I think it's too early to pass any judgement.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

I am still eagerly anticipating this game.  I absolutely loved Deus Ex.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hexpane

The Deus Ex Franchise is dead.  They killed it w/ Invisible War. DX3 will be a game that NO ONE BUYS and EVERYONE hates.  They will try to make it for casuals, and casuals will hate it because it doesnt have tea bagging.

The sad fact is the original Deus Ex is amazing, but like many amazing games they forget what made it great, and developers over think it and remove the greatness and replace it w/ copy and past ideas from other games.
    The "stats affecting combat" is one of the things that made DX awesome, removing that would be like removing loot drops from Diablo 3

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bulldog19892
    "Newly revealed augmentations include the ability to punch through walls and octopus type tentacles that allow you to jump off buildings. The tentacles grab to the walls to stop you from falling."

Interesting concept, but tentacles? Really?
    AEKtzis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AEKtzis

why do i have the feeling this will be made into an action 1st person shooter...

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By pause422

It's being changed too much, on top of not being developed by who you would want it developed by, there is plenty of reason to have a bad feeling about it.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By Gunner

Thats what people were saying when fallout was bought by Bethesda, but look how good that turned out.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422
    Gunner said:
    "Thats what people were saying when fallout was bought by Bethesda, but look how good that turned out."
    Its totally different. Everyone knew Bethesda was taking the license and making it a different game entirely, different genre of RPG entirely. This is aiming to make the same genre and perspective game entirely. There's plenty of ways to mess that up.
    Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Gunner
    pause422 said:
    "Gunner said:
    "Thats what people were saying when fallout was bought by Bethesda, but look how good that turned out."
    Its totally different. Everyone knew Bethesda was taking the license and making it a different game entirely, different genre of RPG entirely. This is aiming to make the same genre and perspective game entirely. There's plenty of ways to mess that up."
    True, but as long as it doesnt get rid of the RPG elements completely i see no reason to be worried, after all it isnt all that late in development and a lot of things can and will change.
    Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Slab64
    "I'm JC Denton, and this is my favorite prequel in...whats that? No Warren Spector?....I never asked for this..."
    Avatar image for themanwithnoname
    TheManWithNoName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheManWithNoName

Even if the RPG/Action/Stealth blend will come out alright (where splinter cell conviction utterly failed (stealth purely as prelude to combat)) They will not be able to have a story even a 100th of what the original had. 
    Fallout 2 and Deus Ex were games that were so brilliantly crafted that they actually made you think about our societies. 
    So true about the casuals though, nobody seems to like quality games. It's like the movie industry except in only took 5 years.

Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Brians

I feel against premature judgements on something that people haven't seen yet.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Kush said:
    " From what I have read I don't see any reason to be worried that it might suck...I am a huge fan of the series and I think this game is actually looking good. "
    There's your problem right there.  Deus Ex and Invisible War may both be Deus Ex games in name but not in function.  Real Deus Ex fans are not fans of IW because it dumbed down what was good about Deus Ex to the point where IW ended up as a much simpler and utterly undynamic game.  This new game seems to be more dumbing down yet again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.