Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jun 22, 2000

A celebrated cyberpunk-themed first-person role-playing game, Deus Ex puts players behind the shades of JC Denton--an operative thrust into a world of byzantine global conspiracies.

This game is fun and slightly annoying.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheGodPoet

I recently got Deus Ex installed it and everything and played the beginning level and died a few times. Now me being used to autosaves and checkpointing I thought I'd just load up right before the part I died at......boy was I wrong. I have a bad habit of not saving regularly so I came to find out that when I died I had to start the whole level over because i didn't save once. 

I thought FUCCCKKKKKK and played it over again and got to the next level where I have a partner and everything. For some reason she went batshit and killed me. That I didn't mind but finding out I had to load up a save at about the mid point of the last level has put me off the game. I hope your seeing a pattern. 

I really wanna get into this game since it does things I think are great and haven't really seen in too many games but fuckkk this is annoying. Is there a way I can just quick save without opening up the menu and saving or something like that?
    FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

There is.

I think the default quicksave button is + on the numpad.

But you can just check the options if that doesn't work.

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#3  Edited By fox01313

Luckily the game is fairly routine so you don't have to worry too much about wandering enemies beyond where they should be. But yeah takes a while to develop the save often mindset, GLHB.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@fox01313 said:
    "

Luckily the game is fairly routine so you don't have to worry too much about wandering enemies beyond where they should be. But yeah takes a while to develop the save often mindset, GLHB.

"
    ...and when you've got it, you'll find yourself saving every 15 feet.

Or maybe that's just me.
    TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheGodPoet
    @FancySoapsMan said:
    " There is.I think the default quicksave button is + on the numpad.But you can just check the options if that doesn't work. "
    Thanks alot. The game has just became much more enjoyable. 
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

I got like that with Stalker so I set the quicksave button to Q.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.