new patch is out, go update!

Diablo III Patch Notes

Diablo III Patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749

Classes

• Monk
    • Active Skills
      • Serenity
        • Skill Rune - Tranquility
          • Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second

Bug Fixes

For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Bug Report forum.

• General
    • Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in
    • The "Select a Hero" menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character
    • Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader
  • Achievements
    • All players in a party should now receive "Till Death Do Us Part" even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower
  • Acts
    • Act IV
      • Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it's launched a Firebomb but before it's reached its target
  • Auction House
    • The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player's activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
    • When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?"
    • Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
    • The "Physical Damage" Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to "Bonus Minimum Physical Damage"
    • The "All Damage" Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
    • Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
    • Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues
  • Battle.net
    • The public chat list will now sort alphabetically
  • Classes
    • Witch Doctor
      • Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipment

If you find the play experience undesirable you may exit the game and resume this download.

#2 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

Looks like the servers are still down but the game launcher will update you.

#3 Posted by Rayeth (1023 posts) -

Great more Monk nerfs.

With Boon of Protection being useless since the Hotfix and now Tranquility being nerfed soon monks won't have many viable ways to fight in Hell and Inferno at all.

#4 Posted by Xeirus (1293 posts) -

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

With Boon of Protection being useless since the Hotfix and now Tranquility being nerfed soon monks won't have many viable ways to fight in Hell and Inferno at all.

Yeah from what I'm hearing I've decided to just forget about my monk for now and try another class. How sad is that...

#5 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

Same thing happened to Palidans in WOW.

Clearly they aren't finished balancing classes and every class with bill godly/shitty off an on till they reach a good level of balance. Also Monks aren't unplayable i was doing inferno well after the other nerf.

#6 Posted by Turambar (6677 posts) -
@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

Some half decent resist gear will get you through hell.  Inferno is getting damage values adjusted next patch.
#7 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -

2 more hours.

*sigh*

#8 Posted by Kotetsu (35 posts) -

Well the patching system seems to be fucked on my end, maybe the servers are down? Last night I was experiencing horrible lag on and off, 100ms to 1800ms every 10 minutes or so. I have a real love hate relationship with this game I swear...

#9 Posted by s10129107 (1179 posts) -

The servers shouldn't be down this long. I know they have to do maintenance but i should be able to play the game i paid 60 dollars for.

#10 Edited by Grillbar (1800 posts) -

well im playing on the Erupean servers and the server are still up and has been for at least the last 3 hours and no update... so yeah

Edit:

but they have fucked the auction house since gems, plans and crafting stuff now have a max starter bid making no one selling them. like firery brimstone or what ever they are called to be max 1g as starter bid. that sux

#11 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Weltal said:

2 more hours.

*sigh*

How did you get that? It still says 11am PDT, which was 17 minutes ago, when you launch the game.
#12 Posted by Weltal (2272 posts) -
#13 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Weltal said:

@MrKlorox: Link

Gotcha. You'd think they'd put that message in the announcement box in the game.
#14 Posted by murisan (1119 posts) -

@MrKlorox: You'd think a lot of things being that this is a Blizzard game.. but oh well.

#15 Posted by Galiant (2181 posts) -

So are they going to change the tooltip of Smoke Screen to reflect what it actually does? It's down to 1 second, 1.5 seconds with rune, but the tooltip still says 2 seconds and 3 seconds with rune...

#16 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (730 posts) -
"When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?""

That doesn't seem right. So there's an item for sale, I bid 10G maximum for example and am currently winning the auction with an active bid of 5G. So I increase my maximum to 20G, and the active bid becomes 11G?

I'm sure they can run it however they want, and this is still just for the Gold AH, but if this same rule applies to the RMAH I wonder how many people are going to get fucked by this? Yes the warning message is there but it's still pretty shady.

#17 Posted by coaxmetal (1580 posts) -

pssh monks are still the best tanks. Also just beef up one of your resists and use that skill that makes them all the same as the highest.

#18 Posted by jakob187 (21645 posts) -

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

What the hell are you talking about? Maybe I missed something, but they have THE most viable things EVER to fight in Hell and Inferno: dexterity as damage which also gives them DODGE, some hard dodge chance in their skills, and a passive that means they only need to buy ONE form of resist to be completely viable.

I've yet to see a monk in front of my eyes that doesn't obliterate Hell and Inferno easily.

#19 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
  • Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in

Great now what about the other 60 errors?

#20 Posted by Cloneslayer (1625 posts) -

and the game is broken! great job blizzard!

#21 Posted by The_Nubster (2053 posts) -

Hero list isn't being retrieved. Every time I start to get down with the always-online thing, something comes up. I just got on to Nightmare and I was getting some really good loot, too.

#22 Posted by Cloneslayer (1625 posts) -

@The_Nubster said:

Hero list isn't being retrieved. Every time I start to get down with the always-online thing, something comes up. I just got on to Nightmare and I was getting some really good loot, too.

everyone has this, blizzards patch fucked it up. I'm having flashbacks to every Tuesday I spent playing WoW.

#23 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

What the hell are you talking about? Maybe I missed something, but they have THE most viable things EVER to fight in Hell and Inferno: dexterity as damage which also gives them DODGE, some hard dodge chance in their skills, and a passive that means they only need to buy ONE form of resist to be completely viable.

I've yet to see a monk in front of my eyes that doesn't obliterate Hell and Inferno easily.

Yeah I can vouch for Hell at least. I've bought a fair amount of gear for my monk, though nothing too expensive, and I'm finding Hell quite tame. It just feels like an incremental step up from nightmare, which isn't really all that bad.

I just go on the AH every couple of levels and see if there's anything cheap that's better than what I currently have, i.e. has more vit or dex, life per hit or kill for weapons, etc. I've found some really good stuff for cheap using the filters.

#24 Posted by Syndrom (352 posts) -

@jakob187 said:

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

lol, while i can pretty much breeze through ACT I inferno just fine, act II still cracks my balls. So "obliterating inferno" maybe a little far fetched.

By the way, stacking dex for dodge sucks. Armor en resist are the way to go, dodge is far too unreliable to count for defense.

#25 Edited by uniform (1832 posts) -
@Cloneslayer said:

everyone has this, blizzards patch fucked it up. I'm having flashbacks to every Tuesday I spent playing WoW.

Yep. I'm sitting here looking at their Tech Support forum. Patch day woes. It all looks and feels like WoW again. Something I told myself I would never be a part of again.
#26 Posted by Evilsbane (4544 posts) -

In the middle of finishing act 1 and low and behold "Servers Shutting down in 3 minutes" This whole online all the time thing is the worst fucking idea ever, I am home sick and I can't even lay on my couch and slowly die with my Singleplayer game going GAHH!

#27 Posted by fox01313 (5064 posts) -

Vividly recall this from WoW where you'd see a list of all the things patched/nerfed & yet something else big is broken. From the patch notes it didn't look like they are doing much to the authentication yet down it went on being able to play. Too bad as I saw the upcoming patch earlier today & couldn't play then finally got some free time to dive into D3 a little to see it's still sunk.

#28 Posted by StealthRaptor (526 posts) -

I was all for online only when it was just going to take a day or two to get sorted out. This is just ridiculous.

#29 Posted by Joemotycki (29 posts) -

/sigh

#30 Posted by BigChickenDinner (766 posts) -

I can't say I didn't call this....

This reminds me of when I first heard "I used to be an" in the game and thought " That's going to be a meme"

#31 Posted by CosmicQueso (569 posts) -

@Evilsbane said:

This whole online all the time thing is the worst fucking idea ever

There have been worse ideas, haven't there?

#32 Posted by Zomgfruitbunnies (752 posts) -

Well, servers are still down. Maybe I'll dig up my Diablo 2 disk and play some of that.

#33 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

We meet again Mr. 37... Damn Bliz. Why...

#34 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Boo for balance changes.

#35 Edited by Milkman (16541 posts) -

Servers are back up.

#36 Posted by Ben_H (3316 posts) -

I hope this is fixed soon. I have a few days off coming up and I really want to play.

#37 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Man, I haven't gotten an error 37 since launch day. This is becoming an annoyance.

#38 Posted by Addfwyn (1917 posts) -

Monks overall got a buff I feel. Sure the Serenity nerf is problematic for those who play only in co-op games, but the buffs to Mantra of Healing more than make up for it in my opinion. Especially as the best mantra to be using most of the time anyway.

#39 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -

How many times can I put in my password and see the error message before I put my fist through the screen? LET'S FIND OUT!

#40 Posted by NekuCTR (1663 posts) -

Servers shouldn't be full 2 weeks after launch on a Tuesday. I hope this 37 doesn't actually mean full servers. Otherwise I am extremely disappointed in Blizzard for not being prepared at all... Actually I feel that way anyways.

#41 Posted by bybeach (4733 posts) -

Well ppl. will continue to defend the always online play, but the issue is settled in my mind. I'm really starting to enjoy Diablo 3, all the more so because I am such a newbie to it all, but this bullshit is what it is...lucky for blizzard their game is so wildly popular.

#42 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

I seriously cannot believe they have fucked the game so hard. If there was any company I would bet on to make a generally smooth always online launch (at least smooth compared to most games) I would bet on Blizzard or Valve. I bought the game yesterday thinking everything surely would be fixed by now...low and behold I was wrong. I mean, I do have other shit to do so its not the biggest deal, but man this has got to be one of the roughest launches in history, at least when compared to expectations.

#43 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

Come on, the one class I pick happens to be one that gets nerfed? What's Blizzard got against dudes who just want to beat the shit out of some demons?

#44 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7056 posts) -

Hating Blizzard has clearly become flavor of the week.

#45 Posted by Xymox (2071 posts) -

Quickening has been stealth nerfed as well. Used to be able to spam any skill to replenish hp, now it doesn't give back as much spirit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.