Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Diablo III

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 15, 2012

Diablo III returns to the world of Sanctuary twenty years after the events of Diablo II with a new generation of heroes that must defeat the demonic threat from Hell.

1.0.2 is out

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mosdl

new patch is out, go update!

Diablo III Patch Notes

Diablo III Patch 1.0.2 - v.1.0.2.9749

Classes

• Monk
      • Active Skills
        • Serenity
          • Skill Rune - Tranquility
            • Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second

Bug Fixes

For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Bug Report forum.

• General
      • Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in
      • The "Select a Hero" menu will now also display the difficulty level for each character
      • Several speed improvements have been made to the streaming downloader
    • Achievements
      • All players in a party should now receive "Till Death Do Us Part" even if they don’t have Haedrig Eamon as their active follower
    • Acts
      • Act IV
        • Witch Doctors should no longer receive an error if they kill a Shadow Clone with a Damage-Over-Time (DoT) skill after it's launched a Firebomb but before it's reached its target
    • Auction House
      • The auction log in the Completed tab will now display a player's activity (bids, buyouts, sales, etc) in the proper order
      • When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?"
      • Players will now receive an error message if they attempt to purchase an item after the 50 item limit has been reached in the Completed tab
      • The "Physical Damage" Preferred Stats option for rings has been renamed to "Bonus Minimum Physical Damage"
      • The "All Damage" Preferred Stats option for weapons and armor has been removed and replaced with bonuses of specific damage types
      • Items which have been purchased from a vendor and equipped by the player can now be sold on the Auction House
      • Listing items on the Auction House from a different character than the one currently selected should no longer cause item display issues
    • Battle.net
      • The public chat list will now sort alphabetically
    • Classes
      • Witch Doctor
        • Spirit Vessel (Passive) no longer clears debuffs when using waypoints or changing equipment

If you find the play experience undesirable you may exit the game and resume this download.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By mosdl

Looks like the servers are still down but the game launcher will update you.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Rayeth

Great more Monk nerfs.

With Boon of Protection being useless since the Hotfix and now Tranquility being nerfed soon monks won't have many viable ways to fight in Hell and Inferno at all.

Xeirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xeirus

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

With Boon of Protection being useless since the Hotfix and now Tranquility being nerfed soon monks won't have many viable ways to fight in Hell and Inferno at all.

Yeah from what I'm hearing I've decided to just forget about my monk for now and try another class. How sad is that...

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By HydraHam

Same thing happened to Palidans in WOW.

Clearly they aren't finished balancing classes and every class with bill godly/shitty off an on till they reach a good level of balance. Also Monks aren't unplayable i was doing inferno well after the other nerf.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar
    @Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

Some half decent resist gear will get you through hell.  Inferno is getting damage values adjusted next patch.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By weltal

2 more hours.

*sigh*

kotetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By kotetsu

Well the patching system seems to be fucked on my end, maybe the servers are down? Last night I was experiencing horrible lag on and off, 100ms to 1800ms every 10 minutes or so. I have a real love hate relationship with this game I swear...

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By s10129107

The servers shouldn't be down this long. I know they have to do maintenance but i should be able to play the game i paid 60 dollars for.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Grillbar

well im playing on the Erupean servers and the server are still up and has been for at least the last 3 hours and no update... so yeah

Edit:

but they have fucked the auction house since gems, plans and crafting stuff now have a max starter bid making no one selling them. like firery brimstone or what ever they are called to be max 1g as starter bid. that sux

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Weltal said:

2 more hours.

*sigh*

How did you get that? It still says 11am PDT, which was 17 minutes ago, when you launch the game.
    weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By weltal
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrKlorox
    @Weltal said:

@MrKlorox: Link

Gotcha. You'd think they'd put that message in the announcement box in the game.
    murisan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By murisan

@MrKlorox: You'd think a lot of things being that this is a Blizzard game.. but oh well.

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By galiant

So are they going to change the tooltip of Smoke Screen to reflect what it actually does? It's down to 1 second, 1.5 seconds with rune, but the tooltip still says 2 seconds and 3 seconds with rune...

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
    dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By dekkadekkadekka
    "When placing a new bid over a previous bid on the same auction, players will now be provided with the correct warning message: "Raising your maximum bid on an Auction you are already winning raises your current bid to just above your previous maximum bid. Are you sure you want to continue?""

That doesn't seem right. So there's an item for sale, I bid 10G maximum for example and am currently winning the auction with an active bid of 5G. So I increase my maximum to 20G, and the active bid becomes 11G?

I'm sure they can run it however they want, and this is still just for the Gold AH, but if this same rule applies to the RMAH I wonder how many people are going to get fucked by this? Yes the warning message is there but it's still pretty shady.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By coaxmetal

pssh monks are still the best tanks. Also just beef up one of your resists and use that skill that makes them all the same as the highest.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

What the hell are you talking about? Maybe I missed something, but they have THE most viable things EVER to fight in Hell and Inferno: dexterity as damage which also gives them DODGE, some hard dodge chance in their skills, and a passive that means they only need to buy ONE form of resist to be completely viable.

I've yet to see a monk in front of my eyes that doesn't obliterate Hell and Inferno easily.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Dagbiker
    • Players should no longer receive an "Error 14009" when logging in

Great now what about the other 60 errors?

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cloneslayer

and the game is broken! great job blizzard!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Nubster

Hero list isn't being retrieved. Every time I start to get down with the always-online thing, something comes up. I just got on to Nightmare and I was getting some really good loot, too.

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cloneslayer

@The_Nubster said:

Hero list isn't being retrieved. Every time I start to get down with the always-online thing, something comes up. I just got on to Nightmare and I was getting some really good loot, too.

everyone has this, blizzards patch fucked it up. I'm having flashbacks to every Tuesday I spent playing WoW.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Binman88

@jakob187 said:

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

What the hell are you talking about? Maybe I missed something, but they have THE most viable things EVER to fight in Hell and Inferno: dexterity as damage which also gives them DODGE, some hard dodge chance in their skills, and a passive that means they only need to buy ONE form of resist to be completely viable.

I've yet to see a monk in front of my eyes that doesn't obliterate Hell and Inferno easily.

Yeah I can vouch for Hell at least. I've bought a fair amount of gear for my monk, though nothing too expensive, and I'm finding Hell quite tame. It just feels like an incremental step up from nightmare, which isn't really all that bad.

I just go on the AH every couple of levels and see if there's anything cheap that's better than what I currently have, i.e. has more vit or dex, life per hit or kill for weapons, etc. I've found some really good stuff for cheap using the filters.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Syndrom

@jakob187 said:

@Rayeth said:

Great more Monk nerfs.

lol, while i can pretty much breeze through ACT I inferno just fine, act II still cracks my balls. So "obliterating inferno" maybe a little far fetched.

By the way, stacking dex for dodge sucks. Armor en resist are the way to go, dodge is far too unreliable to count for defense.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By uniform
    @Cloneslayer said:

everyone has this, blizzards patch fucked it up. I'm having flashbacks to every Tuesday I spent playing WoW.

Yep. I'm sitting here looking at their Tech Support forum. Patch day woes. It all looks and feels like WoW again. Something I told myself I would never be a part of again.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26  Edited By Evilsbane

In the middle of finishing act 1 and low and behold "Servers Shutting down in 3 minutes" This whole online all the time thing is the worst fucking idea ever, I am home sick and I can't even lay on my couch and slowly die with my Singleplayer game going GAHH!

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By fox01313

Vividly recall this from WoW where you'd see a list of all the things patched/nerfed & yet something else big is broken. From the patch notes it didn't look like they are doing much to the authentication yet down it went on being able to play. Too bad as I saw the upcoming patch earlier today & couldn't play then finally got some free time to dive into D3 a little to see it's still sunk.

StealthRaptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By StealthRaptor

I was all for online only when it was just going to take a day or two to get sorted out. This is just ridiculous.

Joemotycki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Joemotycki

/sigh

Avatar image for bigchickendinner
    BigChickenDinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BigChickenDinner

I can't say I didn't call this....

This reminds me of when I first heard "I used to be an" in the game and thought " That's going to be a meme"

CosmicQueso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By CosmicQueso

@Evilsbane said:

This whole online all the time thing is the worst fucking idea ever

There have been worse ideas, haven't there?

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
    Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Zomgfruitbunnies

Well, servers are still down. Maybe I'll dig up my Diablo 2 disk and play some of that.

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By NekuCTR

We meet again Mr. 37... Damn Bliz. Why...

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Green_Incarnate

Boo for balance changes.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Milkman

Servers are back up.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ben_H

I hope this is fixed soon. I have a few days off coming up and I really want to play.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MrKlorox

Man, I haven't gotten an error 37 since launch day. This is becoming an annoyance.

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Addfwyn

Monks overall got a buff I feel. Sure the Serenity nerf is problematic for those who play only in co-op games, but the buffs to Mantra of Healing more than make up for it in my opinion. Especially as the best mantra to be using most of the time anyway.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Milkman

How many times can I put in my password and see the error message before I put my fist through the screen? LET'S FIND OUT!

NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NekuCTR

Servers shouldn't be full 2 weeks after launch on a Tuesday. I hope this 37 doesn't actually mean full servers. Otherwise I am extremely disappointed in Blizzard for not being prepared at all... Actually I feel that way anyways.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bybeach

Well ppl. will continue to defend the always online play, but the issue is settled in my mind. I'm really starting to enjoy Diablo 3, all the more so because I am such a newbie to it all, but this bullshit is what it is...lucky for blizzard their game is so wildly popular.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DoctorWelch

I seriously cannot believe they have fucked the game so hard. If there was any company I would bet on to make a generally smooth always online launch (at least smooth compared to most games) I would bet on Blizzard or Valve. I bought the game yesterday thinking everything surely would be fixed by now...low and behold I was wrong. I mean, I do have other shit to do so its not the biggest deal, but man this has got to be one of the roughest launches in history, at least when compared to expectations.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MikkaQ

Come on, the one class I pick happens to be one that gets nerfed? What's Blizzard got against dudes who just want to beat the shit out of some demons?

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Hating Blizzard has clearly become flavor of the week.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By xymox

Quickening has been stealth nerfed as well. Used to be able to spam any skill to replenish hp, now it doesn't give back as much spirit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.