Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dishonored

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Oct 09, 2012

After the Empress is killed, her most loyal bodyguard, Corvo, becomes the prime suspect, and must track down those who murdered his charge and betrayed him in order to enact his bloody revenge.

Is this game worth buying?

• 61 results
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By napalm

Buy Retro City Rampage instead. Fifteen dollars for all the crazy, retro action your mind can handle!

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Sayishere

This review is spot on about this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnm1QZr1roY&feature=g-all-u

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By mordukai

@TheDoorman: This game is for all intent and purposes a spiritual successor to the Thief games without all the.. niche...those games had, with some elements from Deus Ex and Bioshock. If you played any of the Thief games before (and liked them) then you'll feel right at home with this one. So far I've clocked 14 hours into the game and I'm only on mission 2. I turned off the objective markers and just explore and have fun.

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

Too short

I'm 14 hours in and still only at the second mission. Fact of the matter is that this game is as short or long at you make it out to be. If you only go for your objectives and completely ignore any sort of exploration then you are doing this game a huge disservice. There are a lot of side missions that are actually good and require some skill. There are a ton of books and audio tapes that help flush out the world. There are tons of collectables, A really good array of characters that are quite interesting.

Take my advice and turn off the Objective markers along with UI and see just how immersive this game is.

Could be that this type of game is just not for you.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By InternetCrab

Yes, yes and yes.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lclay

I'm pretty confused by the massive difference in playtimes that people seem to be getting.

I feel like I've been playing it pretty stealthy, taking things slow trying not to kill anyone; I have been exploring and collecting every rune and have done all the optional side missions but I am pretty sure I'm nearing the end of the game and I am only 5-6 hours in.

I have just been poisoned by my buddies and imprisoned by Daud, working on retrieving my gear.

Unless there is a whole lot more game after this I don't understand how people are getting 15-20 hour playtimes.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ShaggE

@lclay: There's no way you've exhausted all of the content/went full stealth in 5-6 hours. Is your clock broken? I just can't figure out how that's possible.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By JerichoBlyth

It's the game the guys from the Bioshock Infinite team looked at and said 'fuck - our game is crap compared to this' whilst staring at the tech demo. It's a good game.

lclay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lclay

@ShaggE said:

@lclay: There's no way you've exhausted all of the content/went full stealth in 5-6 hours. Is your clock broken? I just can't figure out how that's possible.

Oh hahaha, just reset steam and now it is 8-9 hours. That seems a lot more consistent, especially as I went with the non-lethal option in the golden cat so it only took me 20 minutes. Gonna have to go back and do that the other way at some point.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By BoOzak

I thought it was alright but it is fairly short i'd say around 10 hours. I prefered Deus Ex though, mainly because combat is a lot more risky.(as long as you're not playing Invisible War) Also you were rewarded for taking guys out without killing them. The game does try to incentivise you not to kill but there's an ability that basicly renders that void. Still if you're the kind of person who likes to replay games to get different outcomes and you like stealth you should enjoy this.

Does any know if it makes a difference whether you neutralize your targets, even if your chaos is high? or vice versa?
    BonzoPongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BonzoPongo

Took me 13 hours, did most of the side stuff. Mechanically the best stealth game I have played. I'm half way through snake eater 3ds, and after playing this I don't think I can go back.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.