E3 2009 Game of the Show

#1 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -
#2 Posted by Lies (3868 posts) -

Christ I have never seen a poll with so many options.

#3 Posted by Guardian (318 posts) -

Uncharted for me!

ps. I think game of shows need to be playable. 
#4 Posted by Guardian (318 posts) -
@Red said:
" What would you say your most hyped for game is after [the majority of] E3? "
OK then... still uncharted :P
#5 Edited by ez123 (1994 posts) -

Mass Effect 2. The darker tone is great and is seems like they are going to fix the crappy stuff(side missions and technical issues). Second would be Conviction.

#6 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

No Crystal Bearers :S

#7 Posted by Dalai (7069 posts) -

Personally, Metroid: Other M stole the show.  Huge surprise, awesome trailer.

And how New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Alan Wake didn't make the cut on your list baffles me.  Just saying.

#8 Edited by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Where's Castlevania? My pick was obvious, but it should be an option

(edit: GB needs to create the option for users to add choices to polls. every poll on this site seems to be missing an obvious answer. 
#9 Posted by TheKidNixon (1564 posts) -

While I'm Mr. Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell is the game I'm most hyped for.

#10 Posted by mracoon (4978 posts) -

How could you not put Alan Wake in that pole.

#11 Posted by PapaLazarou (711 posts) -

3 games caught my eye.

- The Last Guardian
- Uncharted 2
- God of War 3

I got a PS3 off my mate cause he swapped it for weed last year and I havn't ever used it apart from playing Socom and I'm a PC guy but funny enough the 3 games that looked great were on the PS3.

Never liked Halo
Never liked GT
Never liked Splinter Cell
Didn't like Ass Creed and Swtor is gonna be a dumbed down easy mmorpg thats all zoned and instanced up so ain't interested in that.

#12 Posted by Pantalooney (317 posts) -

I have to go with Splinter Cell, i loved all the past game and this one seems to be a lot better

#13 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -

Splinter Cell. That game is pure stealthy goodness. 

#14 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Where's Just Cause 2?!?!?! Besides that, I may vote Splinter Cell: Conviction because it really looks like it is bringing back the franchise in full force.

#15 Posted by jkz (4058 posts) -

Splinter Cell: Conviction because it was so damn suprising and so damn awesome

#16 Posted by Redbullet685 (6083 posts) -

the Beatles: Rock Band looks great

#17 Posted by zombie2011 (5047 posts) -
@Pantalooney said:
" I have to go with Splinter Cell, i loved all the past game and this one seems to be a lot better "
Yep, game of the show. Total surprise.
#18 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -

I vote Uncharted 2 but there were others in the running.

#19 Posted by gimmysumcowbel (418 posts) -

just cause 2 just because i expected next to nothing from it and the demo was 100% amazing

then i would give it to Splinter Cell

#20 Posted by Carlos1408 (1543 posts) -

Splinter Cell: Conviction
They just totally blew me away, I was not expecting such greatness, to be honest I'd completely forgotten about the game.
The overhall they've gone through is great; it just looks like it'll be great :)
Big surprise for me, just aweomse and i love splinter cell and Sam Fisher!
:D

#21 Edited by Cirdain (3140 posts) -
Raven Squad imagine a FPS and a RTS at the same time!!!
#22 Posted by Flabbergastrate (275 posts) -

Lack of NMH2 on that list dissapoints me. Assassin's Creed 2 it is then.

#23 Posted by VitaminWaterYum (381 posts) -

No Just Cause 2 sets it to Crackdown 2, but lack of Crackdown 2 gameplay at E3 leads sets it to ME2.

#24 Posted by Kohe321 (3533 posts) -

Either MW2, GoW3 or Uncharted for me.

#25 Posted by francesthemule (155 posts) -

Picked Mass Effect 2, b/c I was already super hyped for it and seeing it in action was sweet.
That being said, as other people said Splinter Cell: Conviction came so far out of left field
I can't help but be exited for it. Which is saying alot since I've never given a danm about the
series b4.

#26 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

I'll just copypaste what I wrote in the Mario trailer thingy

Super Mario Galaxy was one of the best gaming experiences I've had over these 25 years and was a sublime stroke of genius on all levels. The nostalgia was there, the innovation was there and the love was there.
I still haven't enjoyed a game on my 360 or PS3 more than that even though I use them a whole lot more than my Wii."  "

Seriously, my balls are puckering on the very idea of more Mario Galaxy.

#27 Posted by ZeroCast (1869 posts) -

I'll be damned if Uncharetd 2 didn't look as one of the best cinematically driven games i have ever seen. Totally amazing. 

#28 Posted by Cirdain (3140 posts) -

Dude

FPS AND RTS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!
@Cirdain said:
"
"

#29 Posted by kratos (208 posts) -

It's easy to just choose Uncharted or God of War 3 but I think those are both just as we should of expected and will be two of the best games of this generation, but I choose something that surprised me.  The Beatles Rock Band, when I first heard of it I thought it would just be another Rock Band with Beatles music and wow, they really did some very awesome stuff.

#30 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

It's hard for me to decide when I haven't played most of these.  Game of the show usually refers to a 'game', but that Gran Turismo 5 video was a nice surprise, and they seem to be doing interesting things.

#31 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Splinter Cell Conviction, New Super Bros Wii, DiRT 2, and Uncharted 2 all had excellent showings, and I'm stoked that Super Mario Galaxy 2 will happen, but in the end I must say that Shadow Complex is the game of the show for me. A action shooter metroidvania that I never saw before Monday, and I only have to wait a couple months for it.

#32 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
@Cirdain said:
" Dude
FPS AND RTS AT THE SAME TIME!!!!
@Cirdain said:
"
"
"
Like Rainbow Six then? Hopefully just as good.
#33 Posted by Cirdain (3140 posts) -
#34 Edited by SoulEdgeSlayer (534 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 had the most exciting E3 coverage and reveals.  It is tied, for me, with Modern Warfare 2 as the best looking game of E3.

#35 Posted by VonSohn (27 posts) -

Just Cause 2.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.