Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2013

Concept »

The nineteenth annual Electronic Entertainment Expo took place at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 11-13, 2013.

Microsoft E3 Games Leak!

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#151  Edited By landon

Really hope this is true. I'd play almost every game on that list.

Corwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Corwag

Please, baby Jesus, let a Killer Instinct be true.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@benny said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@benny said:

Is that DE3D ISLAND in that image? If it is, holy shit that's cringy.

Surely watch dogs would be on this list?

I'm also trying to work out which of these games Jeff would be super pumped about that he could have seen in judges week if it was real.

It's D3AD RISING.

I totally meant to type dead rising as well but wasn't concentrating.

In the image though it appears to be DE3D rather than D3AD ?

Jesus Christ, you're right!

Um....DE3D TO RIGHTS. No that doesn't work.

(No Good) DE3D Goes Unpunished.

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By onarum

the only thing that gets me excited there is Dragons Dogma 2.

Lazlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By Lazlow

I know people keep saying its fake. But if that was a real non-kinect Banjo sequel I would lose my shit. Really want another banjo game :(

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Killer Instinct!!!!

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dead Rising 3 as an Xbone exclusive doesn't seem very likely... Not to mention that I couldn't see League of Legends on a console.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I would be totally cool if that was Microsoft's line up. Nothing I would be itching to get to day one and it would make the decision to go PS4 first that much easier.

Also if we get Marvel 4 some time in the next 12 months that would be fantastic!!!!!!!!

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By redcream

I can only imagine the pains of playing a League match on a controller and if they plan on having a cross-platform play the PC players will have tremendous advantage over console players. If Microsoft pulled this off I'd say Sony will try to rope in Dota 2 to their side.

As much as I think MOBAs on a console is a bad idea from the get-go, I think many people would find that appealing and who knows? Maybe the designers would find a way to closely mimic the 1:1 experience of using a mouse and keyboard.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#160  Edited By Cirdain

@sathingtonwaltz said:

Do you really think that these new consoles will offer the same huge leap in power that previous ones have?

Microsoft has stated that the Xbox One offers eight times the power of the 360, but I remember them stating that the 360 was something like, twenty times as fast as the Xbox. The games that have been shown certainly look great, but they don't look amazing like next gen games usually do to me. If you care as much about graphics as you say you do, why don't you just jump into the PC camp?

I also find your continued use of "X is like my religion" pretty fucking funny.

These consoles are more powerful. I think that from that list in terms of next-gen looks We haven't seen Rainbow 6, Brothers in Arms (probably a 4 player coop thing) and Mirror's Edge 2 and they are probably using Unreal Engine 4 which for me looks great to me. If you don't find UE4 that good looking then yeah the whole of Next-gen doesn't seem impressive.

However, Mirror's Edge 2 might employ an alternative different lighting solution from Autodesk® Beast™ which gives it that crazy look. That mixed with the mad UE4 stuff should look pretty much the same as the first one though cos' the style of the first one had a perfect simplicity.

Edit, sentences just disappeared: Dragon's Dogma 2 (PS4 Exclusive) looks boss. Some people say that the PS4 will be 50% faster/betterlookin'(???) for games. I think it was Jonathan Blow who said that but it was slightly confirmed by Digital Foundry but not completely.

I am a PC gamer so if new game engines are created and utilised then PC games will look better too :D

Look at the tessellation on that horse's ass.
    Look at the tessellation on that horse's ass.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Probably fake, but whoever thought of putting PREY 2, RS Patriots and Brothers in Arms gets a big thumbs up from me.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Darji

here is the stuff that one gaffer who has a very very high credibility and normally can be trusted^^

If you think certain leakers here, including me, don't have credibility you haven't been paying attention. The fastest way to get banned here is posting false rumors. We aren't banned.

I leaked the entire first party lineup of the ps4 event days before it happened. I've leaked about 15 vita games in the vita threads. I'm still here. Either I'm lucky, a psychic or maybe, just maybe I know what i'm talking about.

I do think that I'm sharing a bit too much here and breaking my own rule on a couple of wanting two sources... so i may very well be posting my first error. But I'll still be batting atleast .900

Also, back on topic... I have no idea of lol will be shown at e3. It may be further off. I believe the deal was just signed a couple months ago.

XBOX One

● Hawken console exclusive

● League of Legends console exclusive

● Mirror's Edge 2 (various retailer leaks now seem to back this up) console exclusive (said to be coming to PC too)

● Halo 4: II with cross platform play with 360 version

● Respawn Studio's game, "Titan", exclusive

● Insomniac new IP exclusive

● Dead Rising III exclusive

● Killer Instinct

PS4

● Final Fantasy Versus XIII changes into Final Fantasy XV, exclusive

● Planetside II console exclusive

● PS+ = Early access to Sony Pictures films, free PS1/PS2 games over Gakai

● Kingdom Hearts 2.5 for PS4? Due in 2014

● Demon Soul's 2 in development (not sure if this or KH will be at E3, but just in case)

● Last Guardian moved to PS4

more insight^^

I was going to vouch for the ms lineup and then realized I'm the source. So, yeah, I vouch for me. I haven't heard anything about Hawken or halo in a while (though that doesn't mean they are dead) but the rest of them are still very live rumors from a number of sources.

I've heard that insomniac have a ps3 game coming and a x1 exclusive and that they don't even have a ps4 dev kit. Jstevenson (sp?) came in and didn't say they had a kit but seemed annoyed and said their relationship with sony is still strong. I think that's true to some extent but as far as I'm still hearing (which can certainly be wrong, of course) it looks like a ps3 and x1 game... And nothing on the ps4. I apologized to him when he came in that thread. If it ends up I'm right can i expect the same? If it ends up I'm wrong on this twice now i will of course eat crow. Double crow.

For the record I hope to eat crow. I'm fan of all of their non Fuse work... Including resistance 2. I kinda feel like resistance 3 is my favorite single player shooter this gen. Or atleast the most fun (not as powerful as spec ops or the darkness 1)

Also the rumors I've heard about kingdoms heart are higher than 2.5 but i don't have a second source for that.

I hate posting rumors i only have one source for... But, what i heard was that you should add .5 to the other number.

Again... I'm far from positive about this, but that's what I've heard.

I'm dropping a lot of info which makes me nervous as i don't want to be wrong, I usually only post stuff I'm absolutely positive on... But with e3 hype at a fever pitch I've been looser with rumors. I hope it doesn't bite me on the ass. I like it here....

Also two weeks ago I would have told you that there's absolutely no chance of demon's souls 2,uncharted 4 or kingdom Hearts being at the show... But with ms scooping up publishers to not show ps4 games I think they may bust them out to give their presentation more punch.

And as someone who isn't in the industry i find it absolutely shocking how little of each conference is locked down right now. Earlier today I heard a third party pub that was showing with sony was about to jump ship to ms for money and eventually came back to sony (no idea if that's for money as well...). I asked a friend if things being this up in the air was normal and he said 'oh yeah.'

That suddenly explains so many e3 shows with weird, non informational segments that seem like they were thrown together at the last minute. They probably were....

From what i understand there will be zero EA games shown on stage with sony. The games, of course, will be on both consoles (except mirrors edge and titan)

Yes and yes, if my sources are correct.

Omgwtfbbq, another leaker here with a spotless record posted he heard that the reason EA is so in bed with Ms is that months ago ms said they definitely were doing a used game drm and sony wouldn't commit to it. So they signed deals with ms. Two exclusives and a whole boatload of timed dlc. And yeah, I've heard twice now that mirrors edge 2 is one of them.

Alot of what I'm saying is rumors which is why I should stop posting and will stop posting after this last post. No EA at Sony's conference, Hawken, halo unnumbered with cross platform play and kh3 are rumors are as far as my own policies go (ie I've only heard them from one source). So i wouldn't take those to the bank. The others I'm more confident in.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Great. Saved me from getting up early and driving down to the conference.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Nictel

@darji: That all seems plausible. I really hope some of those exclusives are also coming to PC. Cause fuck Microsoft has thrown a lot of money at studios for those.

Also if the EA DRM rumor is true then Sony should hit that hard. I mean do you really want to be in bed with two time 'worst company of the year' winner?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@nictel said:

@darji: That all seems plausible. I really hope some of those exclusives are also coming to PC. Cause fuck Microsoft has thrown a lot of money at studios for those.

Also if the EA DRM rumor is true then Sony should hit that hard. I mean do you really want to be in bed with two time 'worst company of the year' winner?

When they generate the second highest revenue of any publisher, when they have Madden and Fifa, yes, you do.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

Its not that they will get no EA games like Nintendo. They just have a deal but that was all before the DRM outcry. I am sure EA is thinking that over as well.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By SomeJerk

e :That image in the OP smells like fake though. Gruntyland's an old fake I learned just now, but why would a game be titled DE3something and not D3Asomething?

He's posted mostly what I've gathered when it comes to EA and Activision and I expect everything to be true. No matter your opinion of MS "getting" exclusives and Intel-like campaigning behind the scenes, please look forward to MS financial reports and market reaction, they need a hella miracle and they're trying to get there through moneyhatting to insane degrees, half a billion for the Kinect launch marketing is absolutely nothing compared to what they've already spent.

- PS3 sales of EA titles have been less than PC versions, FIFA is huge enough in mainland Europe that buying a three month exclusive might get <100k extra unit sales on launch and not harm EA.

- Timed DLC exclusives still count as exclusives.

- Hawken matchmaking will be console only unless MS make some major changes.

- League of Legends likewise, however it can be made very playable with intelligent radial-menu use.

- If you are a person entirely okay with what the 360 delivered and what the Xbone promises, you'll be okay with MS E3. If not, you'll bow in respect to Sony.

Frankly, EA entirely.. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575077 "EA released 4(!) shooters in the past 5 months, and none of them were a success"

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nictel said:

When they generate the second highest revenue of any publisher, when they have Madden and Fifa, yes, you do.

Now, yes. Though I am wondering what the state of EA is in a year or two. They aren't really associated with quality games at the moment. Nor do they have a good image with the general public.

@somejerk said:

Frankly, EA entirely.. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=575077 "EA released 4(!) shooters in the past 5 months, and none of them were a success"

And this is just bad publishing, if they do a bad job at publishing games from other developers. Why would developers stay with EA as a publishing company? If Steam and PS4 offer self-publishing the whole rol of publishers will diminish. To be clear I am just theorizing here. But I can see things going quite bad for EA.

As for Sony, they don't need to attack EA directly, they just need to put the Xbox One down as a very game unfriendly and intrusive system. Also if Xbox One gets LoL: Dota 2 for PS4, I'm calling it now :P.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Darji

Games like Dota and LOL will not work on consoles no matter what you do. Instead of trying to get such kind of games they should rather focus on console games. Like a Dragons Dogma 2 or Demons Souls 2.

Ther eis no chance that a LOL or Dota would be even successful on consoles.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#170  Edited By scroll

@darji: They are too big to ignore. And it doesn't matter if they make inferior versions, if they are playable enough they will do well on consoles. A lot of people moaned about Minecraft on 360 for having a lot of features missing yet it did really well.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scroll said:

@darji: They are too big to ignore. And it doesn't matter if they make inferior versions, if they are playable enough they will do well on consoles. A lot of people moaned about Minecraft on 360 for having a lot of features missing yet it did really well.

Minecraft works because it is not competitive these games only exist to play against other player. this is not really a casual like game if you really want to play it you will play it on the PC.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Winternet

@darji said:

@scroll said:

Minecraft works because it is not competitive these games only exist to play against other player. this is not really a casual like game if you really want to play it you will play it on the PC.

That's what people said about FPS and look at where they are now. I really don't understand where this "it can't be done/it won't work" attitude comes from.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By CptBedlam

The Demon's Souls rumor confuses me. Especially if it isn't developed by From Software.

But I'll take it. Assuming that these leaks are at least partially true, it looks like the PS4 is for me.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji: That's not a valid point in the slightest. It doesn't matter if its a competitive game or not and I see nothing wrong with bringing it to an even wider audience. Action rpgs and RTS games have been brought to console in one form or another and it makes sense to bring over the most successful moba at the moment.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

excited for new IP from ninja theory.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#176  Edited By ProfessorEss

@cptbedlam said:

The Demon's Souls rumor confuses me. Especially if it isn't developed by From Software.

Yeah, I have a hard time getting excited about the idea of a Demons' Souls that isn't made by From. The Souls games have a very strange formula that I can only assume is very easy to get very wrong.

Appuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I posted this elsewhere, but I felt the need to vent so I'm reiterating here (thankfully it's relevant to the OP tangentially).

Here is the list of confirmed and pretty-much-confirmed titles for MS studios that we know of thus far;

MS Studios new IP:

1. Quantum Break
    2. Ryse
    3. Fantasia
    4. Kinect Fitness
    5. (unknown) / possibly "Kinect One"
    6. (unknown)
    7. (unknown)
    8. (unknown)

MS Studios returning IP:

1. Forza 5
    2. Fable 1 HD
    3. "Historic" Rare IP
    4. Halo: Spartan Assault
    5. Halo 5 (likely)
    6. (unknown)
    7. (unknown)

So in short, they have 6 titles left outside of 3rd party exclusives.

Comparatively, Sony's been sailing a really tight ship this E3 - so I hope for some actual surprises there.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#179  Edited By Cirdain
    Loading Video...

Virtual thumbsticks for me are a religion and Halo: Spartan Assault is the SHIT!!! Unless you're using a Win 8 PC.

Guess there is some validity to this Neo gaf stuff

jclane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By jclane

So Fable 1 HD and Spartan Assault are actual things. This list seems to be gaining some credibility slowly but surely.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By scroll

@selfconfessedcynic said:

I posted this elsewhere, but I felt the need to vent so I'm reiterating here (thankfully it's relevant to the OP tangentially).

Here is the list of confirmed and pretty-much-confirmed titles for MS studios that we know of thus far;

MS Studios new IP:

1. Quantum Break
    2. Ryse
    3. Fantasia
    4. Kinect Fitness
    5. (unknown) / possibly "Kinect One"
    6. (unknown)
    7. (unknown)
    8. (unknown)

MS Studios returning IP:

1. Forza 5
    2. Fable 1 HD
    3. "Historic" Rare IP
    4. Halo: Spartan Assault
    5. Halo 5 (likely)
    6. (unknown)
    7. (unknown)

So in short, they have 6 titles left outside of 3rd party exclusives.

Comparatively, Sony's been sailing a really tight ship this E3 - so I hope for some actual surprises there.

Well as someone else corrected me on the trailer comments for Fantasia there is no microsoft studios logo and thats not a new IP anyway.

Oh and Fable 1 HD is a xbox 360 title, at least that's what they have announced so far.

Spartan Assault being a touch screen thing makes me wonder why they'd have it sitting next to all those other games on that leaked image. Oh and Spartan Assault was registered before these rumours right? so I wouldn't consider its announcement an indicator that the leaked source knows what the hell they are talking about.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, I think if Sony comes up with a FF Versus 13 (possibly 15 now) announcement and maybe one or two other games (surely the last guardian is going to show up in some form?) I could forgo the Xbox One's first party lineup entirely at this point.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scroll: In terms of the publisher of Fantasia, Disney stopped publishing games themselves and this Harmonix gig is exclusive to Xbox - there are no MS studios logos on the trailer, sure, but there are no publisher logos at all.

Unless Disney is making an exception for Fantasia but decided to shut down 1313... The possibility that this is MS studios is both high and not disproven.

As for whether their "15 exclusive titles" meant specifically for the XBO or not, if you rewatch that segment of the conference, they do not actually specify at any point which platform of Xbox those exclusives are for. Note that games on windows 8 and windows phone 8 may indeed fall under the Xbox umbrella, and both support Xbox Live.

At this stage, you can consider my previous listing a worst case scenario - but I think of it as pretty darn accurate considering the information we have.

@benny said:

Yeah, I think if Sony comes up with a FF Versus 13 (possibly 15 now) announcement and maybe one or two other games (surely the last guardian is going to show up in some form?) I could forgo the Xbox One's first party lineup entirely at this point.

FUCK OH MY GOD VERSUS. Yep - that game...

But no, I'm not going to let myself get excited for Versus again until it's on store shelves. Same with Last Guardian.

On the other hand, inFamous has already sold me on the PS4 - and whatever square does announce at this year's E3 for PS4 is probably going to be a day-1 for me anyway. (to be honest, I am totally with you that it's Versus all over again though)

Eidderf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cirdain: Spartan Assault had been announced before this leak came out, it was just people didn't really know what it was so it was a pretty safe bet to put it on this list.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Darji

Fantasia is not a Microsoft published game so it is not one of the 15. They said Microsoft studios.

As for Last Guardian: It is happening

No Caption Provided

Retailer in Portugal: Cover is a placeholder though.

RuthLoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ischar25 said:

The Witcher 3 and Prey 2 are on that list. This excites me. A lot.

Prey 2 is likely not the open world bounty hunter game that was scrapped a while back. If I was a gambling man, I would expect the continued adventures of Tommy.

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: Well if that ends up being the case then that is fucking terrible. A tablet game that isn't even coming to an xbox platform that also looks pretty terrible being listed as one of their 15 titles would be a terrible disappoint on the same scale as a bunch of kinect games.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Dead Rising 3 as an Xbone exclusive doesn't seem very likely... Not to mention that I couldn't see League of Legends on a console.

I could if they split the userbase and console people only played with console people.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

Fantasia is not a Microsoft published game so it is not one of the 15. They said Microsoft studios.

No Caption Provided

I literally JUST SAID "But no, I'm not going to let myself get excited for Versus again until it's on store shelves. Same with Last Guardian."

FUCK ME.

just...

YES.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scroll said:

@selfconfessedcynic: Well if that ends up being the case then that is fucking terrible. A tablet game that isn't even coming to an xbox platform that also looks pretty terrible being listed as one of their 15 titles would be a terrible disappoint on the same scale as a bunch of kinect games.

Agreed.

BUT - I could very well be wrong! I really hope I'm wrong. Even if I'm not - they still have 6 titles we have no clue about.

Here's hoping for something freaking awesome, because I've gone from "sure, I'm going to buy both the PS4 and XBO" to "oh god, please MS, stop kicking me in the balls".

scroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selfconfessedcynic: It's a pretty dire situation and I can barely afford one of them at launch anyway.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darji said:

No Caption Provided

I literally JUST SAID "But no, I'm not going to let myself get excited for Versus again until it's on store shelves. Same with Last Guardian."

FUCK ME.

just...

YES.

I'm pretty sure I saw that pre-order thing for the entire of last year so I wouldn't place any expectations based on that.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Darji

@winternet said:

@darji said:

FUCK ME.

just...

YES.

I'm pretty sure I saw that pre-order thing for the entire of last year so I wouldn't place any expectations based on that.

No this is confirmed to be new at that place. They just did that.

Guys... it's happening!

Just took these at the biggest retailer in Portugal, they don't put these up on rumours.

Same place I got the GT5 release date from and turned out to be correct.

Says it's coming out this year for PS3.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winternet: Thank you - my hype was going crazy.

BUT the source did say that the retailer only just put those boxes on the shelf. Who knows? (there was that web page on the E3 site regarding PS3 Last Guardian as well)

Either way - 6 days left guys! For both Sony and MS!

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

if true...ps4 here i come! just not a whole lot on there that gets my blood pumping.

cheishxc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Give me that Mirror's Edge 2!!!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Winternet

@selfconfessedcynic: @darji: I just meant that there were boxes like that last year. Obviously they took it away at some point and now must have placed new ones. It's not a good indicator that Last Guardian will come out this year, which doesn't mean that it won't either. I'm just saying to not place your expectations solely based on that.

Avatar image for kristov_romanov
    kristov_romanov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo, Banjo, Fable... I know these have been done before, but I love em, so I am quite interested.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By PHenry1991

@darji: I kind of want to know about the Sony list that Neogaffer claimed to leak. It seems there might be a bit of truth to all these rumors, and what not.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Disaya

Why did I look at this, I'm just gonna try and ignore this because like others have said I want to be surprised. That being said if this is true then this looks like a good lineup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.