Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

E3 2014

Concept »

The twentieth Electronic Entertainment Expo took place June 10-12, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, California.

How are you watching E3?

• 80 results
    FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 30

I will watch all the Giant Bomb after-hours shows, but for watching the conferences and other daytime stuff, where are you going to watch E3?

The last several years, I've watched the Game Trailers live feed of E3. Some of the personalties bother me, but they have good production, and they get some good guests. Jack Tretton being on this year sounds really interesting to me.

In the past, I watched GameSpot, and I still tend to jump over there to see what is going on.

This year, however, Twitch has a great line-up, so I'm a little conflicted on where I should spend most of my time.

I just wondered what everyone else was doing. :)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

No I'll be at work. I'll look at Kotaku or something on my lunch break and go "Oh that was announced that's cool I guess" then eat the rest of my sandwich.

m4r71n2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Because of it being in a wildly different time zone I'll just read it on the internet. If giantbonb put up videos of them talking over the press conferences i will probably watch them as i have done with the xbox one and ps4 reveal

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Stealthmaster86

For the conferences, as well as the years before, I'll be watching it at GameTrailers. I never had a problem with GameTrailers. For a smoother experience with less lag, Gametrailers was the place I go. I was there while the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was revealed as well as the conferences.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Sounds like the GB crew is going to try to do some live commentary over the press conferences this year? I tried to ask Jeff on his Tumblr how this would work, but he gave me a snarky non-answer instead. If that ends up being done in a good way, I'll probably watch it that way. Or I'll sleep until 3 in the afternoon and watch them all later. Depends on how much I feel like staying up that day.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be at work during the xbox one but I'll be home for the playstation one. Anyone know the best way to follow it live on my phone on like a liveblog or something like that? Or should i just check gaf or the forums every 15 minutes.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

By being there!

Didn't get invited to any of the press events but that's what happens when you are not press, its fine gives me more energy to run around the expo floor getting them deals DONE or picking up terrible xl shirts to sleep in.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably by watching/reading about it the morning after it all happens due to the time zone differences.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#9  Edited By isomeri

E3 has always been something that I reserved time for, but since I'm traveling I don't know if I'll even have an internet connection available during the show. Likely I'll just watch the press conferences a few days after when I do find some decent internet and catch up on Giant Bomb content whenever I get back home.

InsidiousTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be at work, and I'll watch the conferences on Wednesday and Thursday, when I'm off.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bomb is doing live commentary over the press conferences, so I will probably pull that up and have it running in the background whilst I'm in the office.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asleep for the Microsoft and Nintendo conferences since it will be very early morning for me but I might be able to watch the EA conference and as for Sony I'll have to check my phone on my work break for the updates.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@wemibelec90: They're doing live commentary for all the main conferences in the same way day did on the PS4 stuff etc. So if you enjoyed that, you'll enjoy this.

I'm watching the E3 stuff GB does, especially the late night streams (in recorded form since I'm in Europe). I'll watch the conferences with GB commentary, and probably won't be following too much else live.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I'll have a couple of friends round and open 2 or 3 of the live streams, because no doubt at least one will lag out when the service gets hammered.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Yeah I'll be watching GB's live commentary. E3 never fails to entertain. Hoping for the return of Mr. Caffeine.

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be watching exclusively at Giant Bomb Dot Com... unless something breaks.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

With my eyes.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By stackboy

I'll watch all the press conferences on Gametrailers and then rewatch them with GB commentary.

Have they confirmed they are doing the nightly shows too? They are always interesting.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Yeah I'll be watching GB's live commentary. E3 never fails to entertain. Hoping for the return of Mr. Caffeine.

Sorry to disappoint but Aisha Tyler has said she's doing the Ubisoft conference again. Unless you just want him to be doing a one man show where he talks about all his past mistakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
    deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe the folks from Two Best Friends will be doing some sort of press conference coverage, so I'll probably gravitate away from Giant Bomb's E3 coverage for the first time in awhile. Will definitely be following the forums here and elsewhere, though.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GameSpot yo, since 2004. You get cool e3 emblems there!

MaxOpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

I live in Europe, so the shows starts at 18 pm Monday, to around 4:30 am the next day. In the past I have always had lots of exams, but this time I'm finally free of any responsibilities. So I'm having a good friend over to watch the show, and more impotently keep me awake. It's not going to be the most impressive "viewing party", but I'm really looking forward to it. Probably wont take the Giantbomb commentary stream, that might get weird....

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Quarters

I'll watch what I can on Spike while I'm at work, since we have a TV in the background. Unfortunately, all of the conferences and stuff are always right smack dab in the middle of my work hours, preventing me from keeping up online. And I'll eventually catch up on the live commentaries and such here at Giant Bomb.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

@amyggen said:

@wemibelec90: They're doing live commentary for all the main conferences in the same way day did on the PS4 stuff etc. So if you enjoyed that, you'll enjoy this.

The how is what I'm curious about. Are they going to skip attending the actual conferences just to do voice-over for them? Seems strange, since they all seem to enjoy actually being there for the event itself.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wemibelec90: They are. Maybe Alex or something will attend, but most of them won't. I doubt anyone of them will miss attending the conferences that much.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

Is it on TV again this year? If so, that's what I'm doing. My connection's not good enough to watch the whole thing live. I'll catch the best parts online later.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With my eyes.

That's so Gunstar Red!

I find watching E3 stuff incredibly boring (not to take a shot at anyone who does, just isn't my thing) but if you put a fun personality commenting over it, then I'm in, as always that will be Giantbomb for me!"

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On my computer monitor, monday morning.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll definitely be watching Giant Bomb's live commentary, they're good at being quiet at the really big shit and they're always ready with the quips when something dumb happens. I'm basing this off the live commentaries of the Xbox One/PS4 streams from last year mostly, those things are so effin funny. The Youtube video "Giant Bomb - Brad Loses It" still gets me every time, I'd say I watch it a couple of times a week, honest.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going on the internet after work to see what's new. To be honest I'm not really hyped for this year E3. They're probably going to show abunch of bullshit that alot people don't care about. After that show a handful of games that could be interesting, but then later on down the line the game ends up being delayed, and may not turnout what people thought it would be.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spike TV is having 5 hours worth of stuff I'll be DVR'ing that day. What they don't run, I'll catch on Twitch or Gamespot.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#33 FinalDasa  Moderator

Usually on Spike and then stream the few that aren't on TV.

With the GB guys doing commentary I may just be sitting in the chat through all of them this year.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll stick with Giant Bomb and if gets buggy, I'll head over to Gamespot. I'm hopeful that this E3 will be great and has plenty of surprises, but so far I'm not feeling much buzz.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I trust in Vinn co. branded livestreaming.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I'll be watching those crazy cats on the giant bomb dot com, and I'll be DVRing Spike's coverage.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Giant Bomb is doing live commentary over the press conferences, so I will probably pull that up and have it running in the background whilst I'm in the office.

I guess that means I'll be watching the conferences twice. Once live without interruptions, and again for the laughs. Both the Xbox One revel and the PlayStation 4 reveal was amazing, especially the PS4 one. I still watch that from time to time.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#38 riostarwind  Moderator

I'll be watching Gametrailers before and after each conference on Monday/Tuesday. When available I'll be using Giantbomb's commentary stream during the conferences. Finally when E3 actually starts on Tuesday I'll have Gamespots stream on every day till the GB night show starts.

schlorgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Checking Twitter every 15-20 minutes cause I drive a bus for work. ;)

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure how it's all working but I know Microsofts press conference is on Spike TV so I'll watch it there. If EA & Ubi are on Spike also, I'll watch it there. My mum takes the tv at night so I'll open a live stream (probably Giantbombs, if they're doing what they did during the PS4 reveal) and hook it up to my tv. I know 2 of my friends will be coming over. Might tell another friend or 2 to come over but I doubt it.

ShakeSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be watching those crazy cats on the giant bomb dot com, and I'll be DVRing Spike's coverage.

Spike still covers video games in some capacity? Huh.

knoxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

on gb, using the internet, while working, hoping for another konami-style disasterpiece

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

@shakesoda: Not nearly so much as they used to. But yeah, they've got a fair amount of coverage on Monday.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#44  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

On my computer at Giant bomb.com

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spike TV for Microsoft's and whoever else is on there, Gametrailers 360 App for Sony, and Nintendo on YouTube. (Assuming they're doing that)

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed GB's live commentary of Sony's Conference at last year's Gamescom, so assuming it actually loads and works fine I'll tune in to that.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Thanks for all the comments.

I had honestly forgotten about GB doing commentary. Like someone else said, I always feel the need to watch the conferences with no commentary first. Otherwise, I feel like I get too distracted with just listening to the GB guys.

I'm surprised no one talked about watching it on Twitch. I'm sure I'll end up at GameTrailers while I'm working (I sit at a desk all day...) and then going back to watch the GB commentary later - as well as the GB nights.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IGN

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm gonna start with the Giant Bomb stream and if (when) that stream breaks I will just go through the streams on Game Spot, IGN and so on until one works.

ryanmgraef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will prob watch twitch through my xbox one... Maybe the IGN app. GB streams don't usually work with my iPad for some reason.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.