Alright, duders. E3 2014 is nine days away. Get on that hype train, and ride it! Well, if you've been around Giant Bomb for a while, you know that since 2009, the moderators have held a contest for users to create the banners that will be placed at the top of each press conference's discussion thread. Whether you're a Photoshop master or a can't find the color red in MS Paint, you could win! So, read the rules carefully and start making pretty and/or funny stuff!
Aside from having your banner featured at the top of a stickied press conference thread during E3, each of the five winners will also get a free month of premium membership. If you already are a premium member, an extra month will be added to your current subscription.
- You each can submit up to THREE banners for EACH press conference. So, if you've got multiple genius ideas for whatever the hell Nintendo is doing, have at it!
- Although you can submit many banners, you can only win ONCE. For example, if you win Microsoft, you can't win Sony. We gotta spread the love.
- All banners must be 650 x 150.
- For the first time ever, GIFs are now LEGAL (hard G’s or otherwise) but not required.
- General forum rules apply. (i.e. no nudity or otherwise NSFW stuff)
- Deadline is next Sunday evening (June 8).
- While everyone is encouraged to give feedback and pick their favorites, winners are chosen by the moderators.
Here are the details about when each conference is being held. Use these as you wish. Or don't. Or use incorrect information if you want! It hasn’t stopped people from winning in the past. For your own personal convenience, I have also provided a link that will magically convert the listed time into your local time.
As you can see, we've decided to go ahead and include Nintendo even though they won't be doing a live stage presentation. Nintendo will be releasing a Nintendo Direct-ish video on Tuesday morning before E3 officially starts, so I'm sure we'll have a discussion thread about that too. Also, there is no Konami...thing this year. Pre-E3 or otherwise as far as we know.
“Xbox: Game On, the Xbox E3 2014 Media Briefing”
- Monday, June 9 @ 9:30 AM PDT - Galen Center (Local Time)
“EA World Premiere: E3 2014 Preview”
- Monday, June 9 @ 12:00 PM PDT - Shrine Auditorium (Local Time)
“Ubisoft E3 Media Briefing 2014“
- Monday, June 9 @ 3:00 PM PDT - Orpheum Theater (Local Time)
“PlayStation E3 2014 Press Conference“
- Monday, June 9 @ 6:00 PM PDT - Los Angeles Memorial Sports Arena (Local Time)
“The Nintendo Digital Event”
- Tuesday, June 10 @ 9:00 AM PDT (Local Time)
Wrap It Up
Now you know the rules and the basic info you should probably include. So, get to photoshopping, drawing, or even photographing! There's a template if you need a visual aid. And, if you need some inspiration, just check out all of the past winners below.