Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

EVE Online

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 06, 2003

EVE Online is a loosely structured science fiction MMORPG published by CCP Games in which players take on the role of a spaceship pilot exploring a colonized galaxy.

'EVE Online no longer hard' Kite Co Member reports (GB Corp)

• 55 results
    Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Uranium

EVE Online has a reputation for being ruthlessly complex and unforgiving; letting players lose weeks or months of work in the blink of an eye and having a vast and complex galaxy to explore. That was all true. Until February the 27th 2013. On this fateful day Kite Co. was born, and it has already helped over 60 new pilots get started in the world of EVE.

Have you ever thought to yourself "Man that EVE Online has some buttfuck insane stories coming out of it, I wish i could participate in those, but the game is just too complex" Then now is your chance! Kite Co. is set up from the ground up to help duders get familiar with every aspect of EVE Online, and is also the best version of the GB chat you can have when there's a livestream on. We have corp-events all throughout the week, from mining and mission fleets to PvP Roams (free ships provided)

Alright, I'm convinced, how do I get my hands on this Game.

1. Get you free trial and client download here: Link. This will get you 21 days of gametime. You NEVER have to pay for expansions or content updates, the only cost to EVE is its subscription fee. We also have a link to get free Dust 514 (PS3) goodies here: Link.

2. Once you have the game downloaded and installed, join the 'giantbombing' channel in-game. You do this by going to the chat window in the lower left of your screen and pressing this button:

No Caption Provided

Then just type 'Giantbombing' (without the quotes) into the window that pops up and press the 'join' button.

3. You're almost there, say in the channel that you'd like to join Kite Co. and we will help you get your illustrious career in space off the ground!

That is all you need to get started, we hope to see you all there! If You are already an EVE player, and can't/won't join Kite Co. feel free to join the 'giantbombing' channel anyway and come hang out with us!

alexslime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uranium what are you doing leaking our important EVE conversations!

now everybody is going to steal our corp's valuable assets

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Is Hardcore Dave in charge?

cronus42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightriff: No, it was more founded because Dave turned out to be too busy to get involved after his bombcast admission he was into it again. There was enough interest for a corp though so it the community made it instead.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

We should see if we can get the Giant Bomb guys to give Kite Co. some love on the main page, where the community stuff of interest is usually listed.

If you've got any interest in EVE, I strongly suggest signing up for the free trial, and joining Kite Co. The game can be pretty overwhelming, but you can really mitigate that by joining a cool group of dudes (like Kite Co.!)

And who knows, maybe one day our EVE exploits in the name of Giant Bomb will become a regular topic of bombcast conversation :D

DizzyMedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I think you should help Min out with his/her weird fetish. You're not showing a very supportive side with that screencap :P

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How much in-game time will you personally earn from recruiting duders through that link?

Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Uranium

@funkydupe said:

How much in-game time will you personally earn from recruiting duders through that link?

PLEXes I get will be sold and the proceeds put towards corp projects, I have plenty of money for myself.

So to answer your question, none, signing up helps the corp.

Carncarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Carncarn

One corp member agrees:

"Eve is still hard but rolling with Kite Co. has made it easier/ fun. Join today!"

-Hans Nakatomi

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm not falling for this :\

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Giantstalker

@ripelivejam said:

I'm just waiting for some bright-eyed new capsuleer to joint Kite Co. and just blow up in this thread after being lured into lowsec, getting their only ship destroyed, and podded to boot.

AcerbusIgnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantstalker I would laugh. And then send him ISK to cover everything he lost. I mean, new capsuleer. That's maybe 5 mil. Maybe.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Scotto

It's no scam. Our main system isn't even in low/nullsec. We are just trying to get more Giant Bombers playing the game, to grow our ranks. Just send our CEO, Mishirosen, a message in-game. Or hang out in our channel for a bit first, if you like. A lot of us are also relatively new players.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotto said:

@ripelivejam said:

It's no scam. Our main system isn't even in low/nullsec. We are just trying to get more Giant Bombers playing the game, to grow our ranks. Just send our CEO, Mishirosen, a message in-game. Or hang out in our channel for a bit first, if you like. A lot of us are also relatively new players.

no i mean i'm not going to get suckered in to something so deep and complex as to be way over my head, make me look like a complete fool when i try to comprehend even a tenth of it, and if i DO get into it enough may trap me forever. :|

i do appreciate the friendly offers but like many this game just is... daunting. in every way possible. granted i find most MMOs daunting, probably cause i don't have a crew of friends i could roll with in those games.

i do admire EVE Online greatly from a distance though. :)

Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scotto said:

@ripelivejam said:

no i mean i'm not going to get suckered in to something so deep and complex as to be way over my head, make me look like a complete fool when i try to comprehend even a tenth of it, and if i DO get into it enough may trap me forever. :|

i do appreciate the friendly offers but like many this game just is... daunting. in every way possible. granted i find most MMOs daunting, probably cause i don't have a crew of friends i could roll with in those games.

i do admire EVE Online greatly from a distance though. :)

Take Patrick's example man, you gotta get out of your comfort zone.

SAC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm going to join kite co... been really curious about this game, and it sounds like the perfect summer vacation game.

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sac said:

i'm going to join kite co... been really curious about this game, and it sounds like the perfect summer vacation game.

It's an extremely slow burn to get into, but something keeps bringing me back. You can have the skills trained to participate in one of our PvP roams within a couple of days.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18 sweep  Moderator

I don't think I'm going to be around for the roam tonight which fucking suuuuucks >:(

AcerbusIgnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AcerbusIgnis

@sweep: Don't worry about it, we do them every week. Sometimes two or three times a week. Usually at 00:00 EVE time.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By asmo917

Okay, seeing Patrick take the plunge convinced me. I got the client and will be starting tonight. I created my account without going through a buddy link - will I still be able to give a kickba...er, referral bonus to a fellow Kite Co duder?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'd give this a go, but my internet connection has had the habit of being extremely unreliable recently. That's probably not the best conditions to be playing EVE under.

I did purchase and register for EVE a couple of years ago. I think I created a character then stared at the starting screen for a bit and said to myself "OK, I'm going to need to dedicate a good chunk of time to this" and closed the game with the intention of coming back in a day or two when I had a completely free schedule. I never did. I should really do it someday.

Uranium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Uranium

@asmo917 said:

Okay, seeing Patrick take the plunge convinced me. I got the client and will be starting tonight. I created my account without going through a buddy link - will I still be able to give a kickba...er, referral bonus to a fellow Kite Co duder?

No, you have to create it through a buddy link, but its not a big deal. We would be far better served by you being a cool dude in our corp than some extra cash.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

First night complete - went through the basic tutorials and started the career path. Played about an our and a half longer than I meant to, which is a good sign. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

#24  Edited By Brackynews

@asmo917: Just FYI since you're coming up to your trial expiry. Because you didn't use the buddy link, you can purchase a Starter Pack key for some goodies. It's decidedly less useful after the first 14 days because they are day 0 bonuses, but you at least get a cool ship and some treats for just $5 more than the usual sub price.

Or, make an alt/main using the buddy link and sub with that. :)

iamblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iamblades

Just applied to kite co. Name in game is Aerial Maricadie.

They have changed so much about this game since I played it last...

thecablekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

In other new Kite Co. forces warring corp to field BC's to deal with frig fleet. Hilarity Ensues

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds like you guys are up to some space hijinks. I'd support a monthy Kite Corp. newsletter.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Grelik

@uranium:

What section of space are you guys located? High/low/null? Caldari/amarr etc? Also how many people are on at a given time? Is there a decent amount of active players in the corp? I'm considering coming back but I would want to come back and not be in a ghost corp :p

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grelik: With the amount of people flowing in after Patrick's features, activity has not been a problem.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grelik: Highsec gallente space, currently planning on having more pvp fleet operations in nullsec. USEast is primary primetime, and the rest of the time there is around 20-35 people on.

Grelik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lassieme: @renahzor:

Sweet, well I just renewed, So i'll log in and hit up the corp and start moving my assets to home base. In game name: Mattikas

Gislin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Used the buddy link and paid for my first month. In game name: Gislin

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Eddie Mathews here... My trial expired a couple of days ago, but later on today (May 17th) I'll be subbing up for REALZ. Looking forward to flying with you guys, and making very small amounts of money doing missions shooting NPCs... cursed grinding!

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By theimmortalbum

Kids. Hi. Sup. I see that Grelik asked the questions I had about re-subbing and corp activity and where we're located.

Also, let me say this:

HIGHSEC?! da fuq. Cool kids live out in nullsec and nullsec alone! Gotta kill everything that's not blue.. I don't even know what to DO in highsec.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theimmortalbum: Well then, you are in luck. We happen to be moving out to null soon! Hop on in game and we can fill you in.

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jking47 said:

@theimmortalbum: Well then, you are in luck. We happen to be moving out to null soon! Hop on in game and we can fill you in.

Awwwww yezzzzz. I'll give CCP my cash and get in game tonight.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@gislin said:

Used the buddy link and paid for my first month. In game name: Gislin

Oh you spy.

Comrade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Comrade

So i get into Kite Co. and, for a little while, it was cool. Mining around, friendly members and just having fun in EVE. There was a problem with the little wars they had that messed with the more passive activity, annoying yeah, but added some fun tension.

And then they accuse me of spying and kick me with no evidence or serious argument to support the claim.

And when i argued this on their public chat, they kicked me from that too.

Seriously, you advertised this as NOOB FRIENDLY then discriminate against new players for your own paranoid fears in a rather petty war. If you advertise and wish to keep a Noob friendly Corporation, you need to compromise your security for the sake of your community's members. I could barely make ISK let alone enact Espionage against a up-start corporation.

kinggiddra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kinggiddra

@comrade said:

So i get into Kite Co. and, for a little while, it was cool. Mining around, friendly members and just having fun in EVE. There was a problem with the little wars they had that messed with the more passive activity, annoying yeah, but added some fun tension.

And then they accuse me of spying and kick me with no evidence or serious argument to support the claim.

Seriously, you advertised this as NOOB FRIENDLY then discriminate against new players for your own paranoid fears in a rather petty war. If you advertise and wish to keep a Noob friendly Corporation, you need to compromise your security for the sake of your community's members. I could barely make ISK let alone enact Espionage against a up-start corporation.

Regardless of whether or not you're a spy, carrying an attitude like this into EVE is absolutely the wrong way to go about it. Assuming for a second that you are not a spy and were in fact wronged by Kite Co., your first though should be "how do I get even?"

This line of thinking is what makes EVE the game it is.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By English

@comrade said:

I was sorry to see you kicked out and still cannot say I am 100% certain that you are a spy even after getting some additional details from a couple of people involved (though they did have some decent reasoning for why you were kicked). One additional factor that I think looks pretty bad is the fact that you just signed up to the forums 3 days ago (and I don't think I'm exactly giving away much here, that's pretty obvious). If I had my way, anyone who had not been a GB member for at least a month would be unable to join the corp (and it seems that management may be making some changes there at least in the future). Unfortunately as Mishirosen pointed out in chat, explaining exactly why they kicked you would only assist any other espionage efforts in remaining undetected. The downside of that is that regular members cannot judge for themselves if you were terminated from the corp fairly, which is less than ideal.

I would suggest to Kite Co staff that in the future they take the time (perhaps a day or two) to confirm without a shadow of a doubt that potential spies are definitely providing intel to our enemies. Even if there is a major op going on, suspecting a spy can allow you to take steps to prevent them from ruining your operation.

At this point I would suggest moving on, what's done is done, and if you were falsely accused there isn't much to be done about it.

Gislin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comrade said:

I agree, the corp is not new player friendly at all and the paranoia about spies is just weird.

I'm just keeping busy doing career missions to replace all the ships getting blown up by hostiles. One of these days the corp is bound to do something useful.

Oh yeah, and it appears the ISK is a lie (re: splitting the profits from a buddy link subscription). I subbed using a buddy link and paid for my first month and no ISK from whatever whizbang item they got to sell.

Trust No One, not even your corp members.

English

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gislin said:

@comrade said:

I agree, the corp is not new player friendly at all and the paranoia about spies is just weird.

I'm just keeping busy doing career missions to replace all the ships getting blown up by hostiles. One of these days the corp is bound to do something useful.

Oh yeah, and it appears the ISK is a lie (re: splitting the profits from a buddy link subscription). I subbed using a buddy link and paid for my first month and no ISK from whatever whizbang item they got to sell.

Trust No One, not even your corp members.

If you mean not player friendly in the sense that we are at war and you can be killed by our enemies, then you would be correct. People in corp are quite happy to give you advice if you ask though, and if you joining one of the fleets is in my opinion the best way to start getting a sense of how PVP works.

As people and myself have pointed out in chat, if getting killed by war targets is a problem for you, all you have to do is stay away from the area around orvolle and instead run missions or do whatever you are doing in caldari, amarr, minmatar space.

And as regards buddy links - not everyone here who has posted buddy links here have offered to give ISK back upon subscription. If they didn't make that offer, you shouldn't have used their signup link if you wanted a kickback. If they did, then you should contact them rather than telling us in a post which that person will likely never read.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comrade said:

1 post I'm sure you're legit.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@defaultprophet: Yeah, he just posted here to try to destabilize the corp.

Comrade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lassieme: This. This shit right here. Stop that. I made this account purely in order to join the corp, but Ive been following giant bomb for months.

Lord_Faraday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey I'm hoping to join Kite Co. but I'm still learning a bunch of the systems and everything is still just a mess of boxes and graphs so far...but hopefully at some point I'll feel competent enough to join.

FreedomTown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FreedomTown

I'll join up.....let me dust off my old eve account and give it a shot again

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking to join kite co as well. I'm still getting a grapple on the game it self. But I know I need to just get in there and die a bunch before I really to start to understand how the game is played (pvp anyway)

Boywonder03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Boywonder03
    Loading Video...

Great propaganda video from Brave Newbies.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.