Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fable II

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

An action-oriented role-playing game set 500 years after the original Fable, this sequel starts players out in the role of a street urchin destined for greatness.

New Gameplay video

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ma7moud
    Video

After watching the video I think the level design is really linear which is a thing I don't like but hopefully there will be bigger levels.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    Ma7moud said:
    "Video

After watching the video I think the level design is really linear which is a thing I don't like but hopefully there will be bigger levels."
    i dont care about the linear levels as long as monsters respawn and coop is fun  good find though and thanks for posting : D
    suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By suneku

embedded

I mainly care about how fun the co-op is going to be, but i doubt the entire game will be as linear as the video shows.
    MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I don't mind some of the levels being a little bit linear, at least then I know where I'm going. Some games (e.g. oblivion) are just too open for their own good. In oblivion I ended up getting totally lost and then lost interest in the game. I'm hoping that fable 2 will find a good balance between linear and open.

Lozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Lozz

Looks awesome, can't wait now.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pause422

well plenty of games can be fun specifically because of co-op and no other reason..but if the game has  a big flaw that people don't enjoy and it gets in the way...co-op won't matter to some people. I mean yeah, in fable you can go wherever you want and do stuff...but its not 'open world' by definition like Fallout 3 will be, and from what I've seen I believe it is actually pretty linear...plus you're getting constantly lead by the nose by fucking 'bread crumb' yellow trails... i thought that was pretty dumb.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By atejas
    pause422 said:
    "well plenty of games can be fun specifically because of co-op and no other reason..but if the game has  a big flaw that people don't enjoy and it gets in the way...co-op won't matter to some people. I mean yeah, in fable you can go wherever you want and do stuff...but its not 'open world' by definition like Fallout 3 will be, and from what I've seen I believe it is actually pretty linear...plus you're getting constantly lead by the nose by fucking 'bread crumb' yellow trails... i thought that was pretty dumb."

Meh, they werent toobad.
    And Fable one wasnt singularly linear, so I dont see this being it.]
    But yeah, I'd say a lot more dynamic-ness(sorry) is being put into the story than the gameplay
    EDIT- As far as the bread crumbs go...didnt look like there was a map, this probably just replaces it on quests.
    Looks interesting.
    tmontana1004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tmontana1004

You can go anywhere. How is that linear?

Dovien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dovien

I like, looks good to me. Now, teleport me to Oct 21.
    Damn =(

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

It's looking good, I just hope it doesn't disappoint...and the game is not linear. That section (that mission) may have been linear, but so were the caves etc in Oblivion. It's a huge open world, but of course there will be sections that have a more strict, condensed path.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Out_On_Bail

The bread crumb trail can be turned off.  At least that's what I heard on one of the many videos I've watched. 

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By BiggerBomb

Looks like crap.

Shabran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Shabran
    Ma7moud said:
    "Video

After watching the video I think the level design is really linear which is a thing I don't like but hopefully there will be bigger levels."
    you are the man
    Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_

The crumb trail can indeed be turned off, and levels do open up a ton more (from other gameplay videos that we've seen). Especially in urban areas.

Avatar image for pirate_republic
    pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By pirate_republic

As far as I can tell, the "scary" areas are more linear, and the more urban "friendly" areas are more open. Bowerstone lake is entirely free-roam-able (the lake just outside of Bowerstone, along of course with Bowerstone itself), but the new grave-yard path is only a straight path.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By BoG

From what I've seen, most of it is totally open. There are bound to be a few linear story areas, but watch any demoes, and the player just goes wherver. I also don't see your complaints about the crumb trail, I like it. Way less intrusive then a big arrow.

FotherMucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FotherMucker

I really hope this game is a bit more open than how the video suggests. I personally liked the fact that in a game like Oblivion, if for some reason I was compelled to, could go off the trail and plunder a cave or find some small town. It's alot more rewarding to find some little trinket on your own while strafing off than get a treasure everyone else who plays the storyline is going to get anyway. Not saying storyline is bad or anything. I just hope there are a few areas of wildrness to explore througly.
    I don't see what the big deal about the breadcrumb trail is (besides it's childish name). I like it. It's not too intrusive and it also blends in with the magical atmosphere of Fable.
    For some reason I never felt Co-op to be that major of a deal. Fable always did great as a single-player exclusive anyway. I really don't think you're friends will be like "Yo' dwag can I come to yo' house to play some of dat Fables. It was tight, b" (if you have friends that talk like this, I'm really sorry). It seems that you can only be so-many feet apart from eachother before those invisible walls stop you from exploring. I forget exactly what games use to do the same thing but it really got annoying after a while, especially since you'd want to explore alot more and you're friend will probably be an ass and try to stop you by running the other way. If it's like this with the online co-op than that would really suck. Suck alot.

All and all, it will almost definitively be an amazing game and experience.

Ma7moud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ma7moud

New Videos here. BTW anyone making an Official Fable 2 thread ?

FotherMucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FotherMucker

That gunslinger video was pretty awesome. Not a fan of the narrator's voice at all but who really cares about that? I liked that you could shoot people's heads off... or worse! I can't wait for this game!

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Green_Incarnate

lol at the bread crumb trail on a completely linear level. There's only one way to go.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By ManMadeGod

I'm not a big fan of the two co-op characters having to stay on the same screen at all times.

FotherMucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FotherMucker
    ManMadeGod said:
    "I'm not a big fan of the two co-op characters having to stay on the same screen at all times."
    I hear you whole-heartedly on this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.