This Game Freezes in 5-15 minutes of playing

#1 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -

Hi so I got Fable II and it freezes within 5-15 minutes of playing it's not my Xbox(however it is an older model 2006) becuase it can run any other game just not Fable II nor is it the disc because it works fine on my friends Xbox. It even freezes if I take it offline  Please is there someway to fix this?

#2 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -

Have you installed it? I honestly don't know if that'll fix it, but it would make the game run better.

#3 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -

umm return the game and get another ???

#4 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -
systech said:
"Have you installed it? I honestly don't know if that'll fix it, but it would make the game run better."

You sir are a genius
#5 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -
systech said:
"Have you installed it? I honestly don't know if that'll fix it, but it would make the game run better."
Actually, a lot of developers discourage the installation of games to a hard drive because those games are optimized for running off of a disc. Bungie even put a message about it on the opening screen of Halo 3.

As for your question, I have no idea what the problem could be. I guess I would recommend returning it and trying again with a new copy.
#6 Posted by mcrproductions (48 posts) -
End_Boss said:
"systech said:
Actually, a lot of developers discourage the installation of games to a hard drive because those games are optimized for running off of a disc. Bungie even put a message about it on the opening screen of Halo 3.

As for your question, I have no idea what the problem could be. I guess I would recommend returning it and trying again with a new copy."
Well, Fable II works great if you install it. So, yeah, I think the only game that really is a problem is Halo. Installing it onto my Harddrive fixed every problem I ever had with freezing in Fable II or Oblivion, or Fallout 3.
#7 Posted by toxicEnchiliada (330 posts) -

Thanks all it's seems to be working fine now

#8 Edited by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

Yea installing Fable to my hard drive really improved the performance.  It fixed almost every problem I was having with the game.  It seems like there should be something in the instruction manual about it or something.

Also props to toxic for having Gex as an avatar

#9 Edited by Lieutenant (347 posts) -
End_Boss said:
"systech said:

As for your question, I have no idea what the problem could be. I guess I would recommend returning it and trying again with a new copy."
The only developer who's been outspoken about the HDD installs is Bungie. That's because Halo 3 already utilizes the HDDs, installing it completely negates that.

To the OP I'd suggest returning the game if you recently got it or it could be a problem with your Xbox. When I got Gears 2 on launch it always hard locked on the main menu screen, it worked completely fine for every other game I had too. Eventually started happening with other games and later on got the RROD.
#10 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -

If it works on other 360s then, yes, it is yours that's the problem.

#11 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

That's okay. It wasn't that good anyways . . .

#12 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Thats fucked.
Probably bad luck, get a different disc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.