Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout 3

Game » consists of 45 releases. Released Oct 28, 2008

In Bethesda's first-person revival of the classic post-apocalyptic RPG series, the player is forced to leave Vault 101 and venture out into the irradiated wasteland of Washington D.C. to find his or her father.

This is as annoying as gaming nerds can get.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By oraknabo

I'd love to say I can't believe the amount of self-important whining I've seen over the Pitt's problems, especially on Bethesda's forums, but then I remember that I'm on the internet and I'm reading complaints by some gaming's nerdiest nerds.

There are even people who are demanding compensation for not getting this game the second it was promised! I can see being disappointed at paying for something and having it not work, but it's not like they're going to charge you again for downloading the fixed version.

Also, comments about insufficient QA are just ridiculous. Something got corrupted when they were putting the files up on XBOX LIVE. I seriously doubt there were a bunch of missing assets as they were making this thing and nobody bothered to fix them. Sure the core game had plenty of bugs, but nothing as bad as a thousand warning icons floating around.

Additionally, If you took the day off of work to play this game and didn't already make sure you had it and that it was working in advance, please find something else to use your free time and quit whining. Maybe try going out of the house or rent some movies. Visit a library or a museum or maybe visit a zoo or something. You have other options.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By End_Boss

Well, I wouldn't word it so harshly, but I do agree. While I am one for companies keeping their deadlines, I also understand that unexpected things happen. Sometimes you just have to suck it up and wait the extra couple of days/weeks to get what you want. Anyway, it seems Bethesda is pumping out the DLC for this bad boy pretty regularly, so I don't think any complaining is justifiable in the first place.

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Illmatic

Wait, people are complaining about them fixing part of the game? Would they rather the game be put out and left alone? We get multiplayer games with horrible glitches being denied of having problems for months before a patch comes out and gamers are complaining about this?!

Explosm.net

Naughton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Naughton

I find it funny that someone would take a whole day off work just for some DLC that has been stated to last about 4 hours.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By get2sammyb

Dude, people need the DLC as ammunition for their imaginary Playstation 3/XBOX 360 system war. Fallout 3 DLC was one of the biggest bullets in camp Microsoft's revolver. No wonder people are spitting mad. Bethesda are ruining teh system wars!

Moving on, people have a right to be disappointed the content they've paid money for just flat out doesn't work. There's no point in nerd-raging on Bethesda's forums though -- they almost immediately said they are working on it.

MjHealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By MjHealy

If someone takes a day off work just to play The Pitt, they deserve to be screwed over.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Gunner

If you dont make the developer aware of the problems, they will never get fixed.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

People complaining on internet forums about games are nerds. People reading all of it then complaining on internet forums about people complaining about games aren't. Okay, I think I'm learning a lot around these parts, thanks for this awesome thread.

[+10] to you, I'm sending you a friend invite because I want to have non nerd friends so I can be a non nerd myself. Talk to you later.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By zityz

If Ive noticed anything "offical" forums usually translates to " a bunch of whinny bitches who will never be happy with anything said company does, and complains about everything"
    That's why I enjoy "unofficial" or just general game forums like GB, because you get people on both sides of the fence, just turns out the folks here have some brains.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Discorsi

whining about whiners ftw.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FlipperDesert
    Al3xand3r said:
    "People complaining on internet forums about games are nerds. People reading all of it then complaining on internet forums about people complaining about games aren't. Okay, I think I'm learning a lot around these parts, thanks for this awesome thread.[+10] to you, I'm sending you a friend invite because I want to have non nerd friends so I can be a non nerd myself. Talk to you later."
    *psst* You're on an internet forum, whining about nerds whining about games. Just thought I'd let you know.

When I clicked the topic, I guessed it'd be about NMA. Ah well.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Diamond

Unrelated, but the topic title is completely wrong.  THIS is as annoying as gaming nerds can BE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.