Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fallout Online

Game » consists of 0 releases.

Other than the fact that it was supposed to be an MMO game set in the popular Fallout-universe, very little was known about Fallout Online. It was canceled in January 2012.

Email from Fallout Online

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

For those who signed up. Chances are you also got this. However this does confirm my address was captured.  

There are many stories and many more tall tales about life in the wastelands, this is one of them...    

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Pretty interesting...well I think so. 
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mikemcn

I hope I got one then........ must get to Gmail

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By buzz_killington

You know this game is never going to come out right? Interplay (or what's left of it) doesn't have enough money to make an MMO.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By mikemcn

Ok, I did not get one yet. I may now commence sobbing.......

@buzz_killington said:

" You know this game is never going to come out right? Interplay (or what's left of it) doesn't have enough money to make an MMO. "
    Would Not surprise me.
    s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By s10129107

holes in the ground holes in the ground you'll be looking like a ghoul in those holes in the ground? 
    pants on the floor pants on the floor, looking like a fool with your pants on the floor. 

did they just do that or am i going nuts

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By warxsnake

Lolinterplay 

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warxsnake
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " Lolinterplay  "
    Yes lets mock a company who created great games and the best Fallout ones. "
    If you knew what they did to ruin the franchises you mentioned. 
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warxsnake
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " Lolinterplay  "
    If you knew what they did to ruin the franchises you mentioned.  "
    I don't see the franchise ruined, I played Fallout 3 first and thought it was great, then I bought the older games and found them to be much better. Findings which honestly surprised me.  "
    Yes I understand that. 

However, Black Isle Studios was responsible for the old Fallout games (as well as Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate, two awesome franchises). Interplay disbanded the company after they had disagreements with top Black Isle people and after those people left. It's kind of a mirror case to what happened with activision and Infinity Ward
    warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By warxsnake
    @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " Lolinterplay  "
    I don't see the franchise ruined, I played Fallout 3 first and thought it was great, then I bought the older games and found them to be much better. Findings which honestly surprised me.  "
    Yes I understand that.  However, Black Isle Studios was responsible for the old Fallout games (as well as Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate, two awesome franchises). Interplay disbanded the company after they had disagreements with top Black Isle people and after those people left. It's kind of a mirror case to what happened with activision and Infinity Ward "
    This hints at my confusion between the two, I rescind my comments towards Interplay and express my kind thoughts to the developers Black Isle, are any of the old Black Isle guys working on this online Fallout game at all?  "
    Hmmm probably not; most of Black Isle turned into Obsidian :S , that turned out well eh? :P 
    I don't know if there are any Fallout veterans working on the mmo at this point :(
    Burns098356GX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Burns098356GX

I got the email too...not sure what its meant for other than reminding me I signed up for the beta.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jimbo
    @PeasForFees: Most of the top Black Isle guys are at Obsidian I think.
    BruceLeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By BruceLeet

Got one of those emails as well, was stuck in my spam filter. Hope its a confirmation that I got in.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

I am waiting to see what happens next 

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
    deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

isn't interplay also responsible for fallout brotherhood and fallout tactics? 

that kinda brings their record to 2 - 2. 

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " Lolinterplay  "
    Yes I understand that.  However, Black Isle Studios was responsible for the old Fallout games (as well as Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate, two awesome franchises). Interplay disbanded the company after they had disagreements with top Black Isle people and after those people left. It's kind of a mirror case to what happened with activision and Infinity Ward "
    This hints at my confusion between the two, I rescind my comments towards Interplay and express my kind thoughts to the developers Black Isle, are any of the old Black Isle guys working on this online Fallout game at all?  "
    Hmmm probably not; most of Black Isle turned into Obsidian :S , that turned out well eh? :P I don't know if there are any Fallout veterans working on the mmo at this point :( "
    Maybe it will be one of those free to play MMOS where you have miscrotransation. 
    Elven6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Elven6
    @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " @PeasForFees said:
    " @warxsnake said:
    " Lolinterplay  "
    Hmmm probably not; most of Black Isle turned into Obsidian :S , that turned out well eh? :P I don't know if there are any Fallout veterans working on the mmo at this point :( "

There are actually two people from the original Fallout team working on the MMO,  

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Project_V13#Development_team 

A third had left to go to inXile. If I remember correctly, Obsidian was largely made up of Fallout 2 team members? The closure of Black Isle was nothing like Acitivision/Infinity Ward, some studio higher ups had left willingly yet the studio remained intact but because of Interplay's financial difficulties they shut down the studio. There was no legal fallout (no pun intended) like there has been with Infinity Ward.
    Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cerogravian

New mail out, they are still alive:

The Armageddon Rag, Vol. 2

No Caption Provided

ballsnbayonets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By ballsnbayonets

yea i got the church of harold one too it lives!

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrKlorox

I only got the one from yesterday. Not sure I like the tone. It seems like nothing but pandering to the Fallout1+2 crowd that didn't think F3 fit in the universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.