Final Fantasy VII on Steam?

  • 70 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

Also according to that website above, Steam may not be a thing as it's "Available Exclusively on the Square Enix Store." You know. The Square Enix Store. Where you buy PC games.

#52 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@sterbacblu: Maybe they mean exclusive download codes... for Steam. Or maybe they'll pull a complete swerve and release it on Origin? Didn't EA used to publish the FF games at some point?

#53 Posted by sterbacblu (231 posts) -

@EvilNiGHTS said:

@sterbacblu: Maybe they mean exclusive download codes... for Steam. Or maybe they'll pull a complete swerve and release it on Origin? Didn't EA used to publish the FF games at some point?

They did. Now that would really be going full circle. Or they could fully go the EA route and start their own service. I'll support a PlayOnline store only if it has this song from the old menus playing non-stop.

#54 Edited by Nux (2330 posts) -

I would be up for this...I guess.

#55 Posted by BeachThunder (11828 posts) -

I find it hard to imagine this not coming to Steam and/or GOG at some point...It seems crazy for it to only be available from SE...

Also, it has achievements; I suppose they could have in-game achievements, but it would make a lot more sense to use Steam Achievements...

#56 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Aslong as they replace the midi music with the OST orchestra songs.

#57 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

so wait.. when you emulate.. do you.. use.. the original console disk?... or a rom, like i did when i was 14 and playing snes games in all the wrong ways?

#58 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Hello no! The MIDI soundtrack is by far the best thing about that game.

Anyways, while I have conflicted feelings about FF7, I do quite like it. I have the PSN version on my PSP and PS3, and save data 20 hours in from the original CD version. Even though the graphics are blocky, the game is still perfectly playable, and in combat, the game actually looks kinda good. While I don't like the shift FF7 caused in the franchise, I still do like FF7. I should finish it.

#59 Posted by AlisterCat (5531 posts) -

Damn it. Well, I won't be buying it then. I don't need my PC games in a thousand different places.

#60 Edited by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

Unless Square Enix is secretly building some sort of community stat tracking service to go alongside its apparent online distribution platform, why are they bothering to put in achievements? What's the point of that stuff if you can't compare it with your friends?

#61 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@AlisterCat said:

Damn it. Well, I won't be buying it then. I don't need my PC games in a thousand different places.

Haha this statement always makes me laugh. I currently have brought games online from 3 services Steam, Origin and Blizzard. But all of those games are in my start menu, so no hassle what so ever. If they have updated the music and game pad support I will play it again. I would love it on Xbox Live but that aint happening.

#62 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Red said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: Hello no! The MIDI soundtrack is by far the best thing about that game.

Anyways, while I have conflicted feelings about FF7, I do quite like it. I have the PSN version on my PSP and PS3, and save data 20 hours in from the original CD version. Even though the graphics are blocky, the game is still perfectly playable, and in combat, the game actually looks kinda good. While I don't like the shift FF7 caused in the franchise, I still do like FF7. I should finish it.

You don't understand the PC version had a terrible soundtrack, it used the built in windows midi sounds. PSX was different. I loved playing the PSP version of 7 last year but my save got corrupted =(

#63 Posted by AlisterCat (5531 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: I also have those 3 and Games for Windows Live but I don't need another one. Discs are hassle enough. I don't see a good reason for digital releases to be exclusive like this.

#64 Posted by frankfartmouth (1016 posts) -

@NoobSauceG7 said:

Not without updated graphics...

This. I own the PS1 original and have played through it 3 or 4 times total. I'm not gonna put up any more money for it unless it's a significantly upgraded experience.

#65 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: Ok, I didn't know. I thought you wanted some re-orchestrated version instead of the original midis.

#66 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Red said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: Ok, I didn't know. I thought you wanted some re-orchestrated version instead of the original midis.

That would be better. There is rerecordings for every bit of music in 7 and it sounds great.

#67 Posted by Vrikk (895 posts) -

Cloud saves. Lol.

Any release date?

#68 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

Is this the same thread where I said the PC version of FF VII sucked. Because let me Reiterate.

THE PC VERSION OF FF VII SUCKED.

#69 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Dagbiker:

You're totally right, you know. Compatibility was fucked and the music sucked so hard you'd think they'd credit VGMusic.com instead of Nobuo Uematsu. However, I imagine Square Enix is more than capable of fixing these errors (and cleaning up the translation) and letting the game shine through.

#70 Posted by twigger89 (278 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Is this the same thread where I said the PC version of FF VII sucked. Because let me Reiterate.

THE PC VERSION OF FF VII SUCKED.

I am assuming they are going to optimize the shit out of it, because if they don't this game will sell exactly one copy. They have to optimize it, there is no way square enix is that ballsy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.