Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy VII

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Jan 31, 1997

The seventh numbered entry in the Final Fantasy franchise brings the series into 3D with a landmark title that set new industry standards for cinematic storytelling. Mercenary Cloud Strife joins the rebel group AVALANCHE in their fight against the power-hungry Shinra Company, but their struggle soon becomes a race to save the entire Planet from an impending cataclysm.

Final Fantasy VII on Steam?

• 70 results
    sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By sterbacblu

Also according to that website above, Steam may not be a thing as it's "Available Exclusively on the Square Enix Store." You know. The Square Enix Store. Where you buy PC games.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

@sterbacblu: Maybe they mean exclusive download codes... for Steam. Or maybe they'll pull a complete swerve and release it on Origin? Didn't EA used to publish the FF games at some point?

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By sterbacblu

@EvilNiGHTS said:

@sterbacblu: Maybe they mean exclusive download codes... for Steam. Or maybe they'll pull a complete swerve and release it on Origin? Didn't EA used to publish the FF games at some point?

They did. Now that would really be going full circle. Or they could fully go the EA route and start their own service. I'll support a PlayOnline store only if it has this song from the old menus playing non-stop.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Nux  Online

I would be up for this...I guess.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#55  Edited By BeachThunder

I find it hard to imagine this not coming to Steam and/or GOG at some point...It seems crazy for it to only be available from SE...

Also, it has achievements; I suppose they could have in-game achievements, but it would make a lot more sense to use Steam Achievements...

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Aslong as they replace the midi music with the OST orchestra songs.

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By killacam

so wait.. when you emulate.. do you.. use.. the original console disk?... or a rom, like i did when i was 14 and playing snes games in all the wrong ways?

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#58  Edited By Red

@Bourbon_Warrior: Hello no! The MIDI soundtrack is by far the best thing about that game.

Anyways, while I have conflicted feelings about FF7, I do quite like it. I have the PSN version on my PSP and PS3, and save data 20 hours in from the original CD version. Even though the graphics are blocky, the game is still perfectly playable, and in combat, the game actually looks kinda good. While I don't like the shift FF7 caused in the franchise, I still do like FF7. I should finish it.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#59  Edited By alistercat
    No Caption Provided

Damn it. Well, I won't be buying it then. I don't need my PC games in a thousand different places.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By EvilNiGHTS

Unless Square Enix is secretly building some sort of community stat tracking service to go alongside its apparent online distribution platform, why are they bothering to put in achievements? What's the point of that stuff if you can't compare it with your friends?

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@AlisterCat said:

No Caption Provided

Damn it. Well, I won't be buying it then. I don't need my PC games in a thousand different places.

Haha this statement always makes me laugh. I currently have brought games online from 3 services Steam, Origin and Blizzard. But all of those games are in my start menu, so no hassle what so ever. If they have updated the music and game pad support I will play it again. I would love it on Xbox Live but that aint happening.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Red said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: Hello no! The MIDI soundtrack is by far the best thing about that game.

Anyways, while I have conflicted feelings about FF7, I do quite like it. I have the PSN version on my PSP and PS3, and save data 20 hours in from the original CD version. Even though the graphics are blocky, the game is still perfectly playable, and in combat, the game actually looks kinda good. While I don't like the shift FF7 caused in the franchise, I still do like FF7. I should finish it.

You don't understand the PC version had a terrible soundtrack, it used the built in windows midi sounds. PSX was different. I loved playing the PSP version of 7 last year but my save got corrupted =(

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#63  Edited By alistercat

@Bourbon_Warrior: I also have those 3 and Games for Windows Live but I don't need another one. Discs are hassle enough. I don't see a good reason for digital releases to be exclusive like this.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By frankfartmouth

@NoobSauceG7 said:

Not without updated graphics...

This. I own the PS1 original and have played through it 3 or 4 times total. I'm not gonna put up any more money for it unless it's a significantly upgraded experience.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By Red

@Bourbon_Warrior: Ok, I didn't know. I thought you wanted some re-orchestrated version instead of the original midis.

Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Red said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: Ok, I didn't know. I thought you wanted some re-orchestrated version instead of the original midis.

That would be better. There is rerecordings for every bit of music in 7 and it sounds great.

Vrikk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#67  Edited By Vrikk

Cloud saves. Lol.

Any release date?

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#68  Edited By Dagbiker

Is this the same thread where I said the PC version of FF VII sucked. Because let me Reiterate.

THE PC VERSION OF FF VII SUCKED.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#69  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Dagbiker:

You're totally right, you know. Compatibility was fucked and the music sucked so hard you'd think they'd credit VGMusic.com instead of Nobuo Uematsu. However, I imagine Square Enix is more than capable of fixing these errors (and cleaning up the translation) and letting the game shine through.

twigger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By twigger89

@Dagbiker said:

Is this the same thread where I said the PC version of FF VII sucked. Because let me Reiterate.

THE PC VERSION OF FF VII SUCKED.

I am assuming they are going to optimize the shit out of it, because if they don't this game will sell exactly one copy. They have to optimize it, there is no way square enix is that ballsy

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.