Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Dec 15, 2011

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII released by Square Enix in early 2012.

So there's going to be a 13-3? Man...

• 78 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Anyone beat this game yet? I saw my brother just beat it, and without many spoilers (since I don't really have any), all I can say is it's supposedly going to be continued. What do you think about that?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

Trilogies are the new thing in gaming.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Dany

Spoiler tag it. I wanna know how they will continue this series.

M_Shini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By M_Shini

Im hoping the end just means the game is getting Lighting scenario DLC and that's all its going to be, while i enjoyed 13-2 i think I'm done with that whole thing now.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morningstar

Maybe they can get everything right in the third one as both so far has been deeply flawed in very different ways ^^

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By babblinmule

I knew I shouldnt have looked at the forums before I beat FF13-2. Jesus christ youre an asshole...

sumdumgai17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sumdumgai17

I think they're probably leaving some space for story-related DLC

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG

Honestly, I've come to a point where nothing SquareEnix does surprises me. Though, maybe I am surprised, because this doesn't seem like the Final Fantasy game they should be turning into a trilogy, considering that it's lesspopular than many other games in the series. Fans would give a much warmer welcome to other sequels. In fact, I'm guessing Final Fantasy XV would get a much warmer welcome. I'd rather they dedicate resources to XV than to XIII-3. Honestly, I don't know if I'll even bother playing XIII-3. Whatever.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

@babblinmule: By telling you what I did, will have little effect on how you feel about the ending of the game. Just be glad I know very little about the game, I wouldn't ever spoil something, but when it comes to this game, I can't spoil anything 'cause I don't know.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#10  Edited By Dagbiker

It might tie in to xiii verses

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CaLe

Please stop buying these games. You're only encouraging further mediocrity.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By Hailinel

@NTM said:

@babblinmule: By telling you what I did, will have little effect on how you feel about the ending of the game. Just be glad I know very little about the game, I wouldn't ever spoil something, but when it comes to this game, I can't spoil anything 'cause I don't know.

Even suggesting that there will be another game in the thread title is a form of spoiler.

@CaLe said:

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is not mediocre. It's actually really, really good.

mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mandude

The standalone nature of Final Fantasy games was always something that attracted me to the series. Each game is a new and interesting take on similar ideas, and I was glad they generally strayed from the standard predictable sequel formula. Without saying anything about the quality of their sequels, I really wish I could just have FFXV.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugh...just...Versus XIII was meant to...I mean....2006..ugh...not again... 

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CaLe

Are you between the ages of 14 and 16? Do you like anime with young girls who have unusually large breasts, high pitched voices and like randomly hugging each other? Do you like J-Pop and games filled with androgynous, one-dimensional characters? Do you like uninspired character design? Do you like dead, lifeless, clinical and unimaginative worlds to explore? 

Or do you just like the battle system? Because for me that's not enough to look over all the other shit.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Hailinel

@CaLe said:

Are you between the ages of 14 and 16? Do you like anime with young girls who have unusually large breasts, high pitched voices and like randomly hugging each other? Do you like J-Pop and games filled with androgynous, one-dimensional characters? Do you like uninspired character design? Do you like dead, lifeless, clinical and unimaginative worlds to explore? Or do you just like the battle system? Because for me that's not enough to look over all the other shit.

Do you like to bitch without putting up an intelligent argument? Because that's what I'm sensing.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dagbiker

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

I was saying it might not be a direct sequel like every one is assuming.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
    Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dagbiker said:

I wasn't referencing your post, just making my exasperation surrounding the wait for that game known. 
    Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dagbiker

@Dagbiker said:

I wasn't referencing your post, just making my exasperation surrounding the wait for that game known.

oh, ok

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CaLe
    @Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

Are you between the ages of 14 and 16? Do you like anime with young girls who have unusually large breasts, high pitched voices and like randomly hugging each other? Do you like J-Pop and games filled with androgynous, one-dimensional characters? Do you like uninspired character design? Do you like dead, lifeless, clinical and unimaginative worlds to explore? Or do you just like the battle system? Because for me that's not enough to look over all the other shit.

Do you like to bitch without putting up an intelligent argument? Because that's what I'm sensing.

I take it your answer to all of them was yes then. That's all I needed to know.
    Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Sooty

Everybody I've spoken to says the story is even worse than the last, how's that really good?! The story in XIII was bad enough.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

Says the guy who asked me "what's unoriginal about repetition?" hahah

Edit: Babblinmule, just shut the fuck up. Nobody spoiled anything.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hailinel

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

Uh, no. Here, let me give you a rundown:

1. How old am I? I'm thirty.
    2. Do I like anime? I like anime, but no specific genre. My tastes range from Fist of the North Star to Revolutionary Girl Utena to Evangelion to Cowboy Bebop.
    3. Do I like J-Pop? Some, yes. The quality of J-Pop tends to vary like anything else.
    4. Do I like games filled with androgynous, one-dimensional characters? That's an idiotic, loaded question, but there are characters I like that are androgynous, and not every game I enjoy has deep, multidimensional characters. I like a well-written, thought-provoking story just as much. It depends on the mood I'm in.
    5. Do I like lifeless worlds to explore? Not really, but I don't see what that has to do with Final Fantasy XIII-2.
    6. Do I like the battle system? Yes, I like it very much, and I like the changes that they made to it for XIII-2.

I'd ask you to answer my question, but you've already answered it with the immaturity of your response.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hailinel

@MideonNViscera: When did I ask this?

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CaLe
    @Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

2. Do I like anime? I like anime, but no specific genre. My tastes range from Fist of the North Star to Revolutionary Girl Utena to Evangelion to Cowboy Bebop.
    3. Do I like J-Pop? Some, yes. The quality of J-Pop tends to vary like anything else.
    4. Do I like games filled with androgynous, one-dimensional characters? That's an idiotic, loaded question, but there are characters I like that are androgynous, and not every game I enjoy has deep, multidimensional characters. I like a well-written, thought-provoking story just as much. It depends on the mood I'm in.
    5. Do I like lifeless worlds to explore? Not really, but I don't see what that has to do with Final Fantasy XIII-2.
    6. Do I like the battle system? Yes, I like it very much, and I like the changes that they made to it for XIII-2.

I'd ask you to answer my question, but you've already answered it with the immaturity of your response.

I've learned a lot through some of these answers. All I can say is I hope your tastes evolve to match your age.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NTM

@CaLe: I didn't buy it, I never have bought a Final Fantasy game, and probably never will. It's a benefit to have brothers that will buy games I won't.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Hailinel

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

I've learned a lot through some of these answers. All I can say is I hope your tastes evolve to match your age.

Sounds more like you need to learn that age does not dictate taste.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CaLe
    @Hailinel

I know that my tastes in music, anime, movies, games, books and even food have changed since I was 14, when I probably would have tolerated this mess because I didn't know any better.

@NTM said:

@CaLe: I didn't buy it, I never have bought a Final Fantasy game, and probably never will. It's a benefit to have brothers that will buy games I won't.

The 'benefit' of having 3 sisters is that you can never get into the bathroom. I'd trade that for a brother who buys bad games any day.
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NTM

@Hailinel: I know, but not in the sense of it being all that detrimental to the story. Saying I have never and will never spoil anything (major) still stands. I know the boundaries, and I haven't crossed it.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NTM

@CaLe: Aside from your personal problem with sisters, the thing about the game is entirely opinion. Not that I'll ever care to play through this game, but still, saying it's bad isn't correct. Why are you on here if you're putting down the game anyways? No one needs to hear what others have said before, one less opinion (being yours) would be great. In short, get the fuck out. Thanks, no more response needed.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hailinel

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel:

I know that my tastes in music, anime, movies, games, books and even food have changed since I was 14, when I probably would have tolerated this mess because I didn't know any better.

Well, sure. Some tastes change. Doesn't mean that they all do, or that when they do, that they change completely. Though, perhaps that in learning that age doesn't dictate taste, you should also learn to respect the opinions of others without berating them for their supposed immaturity or inferiority. I mean, hey, I'm liking Final Fantasy XIII-2, but that doesn't mean that I think everyone should. Some people don't like it for reasons that, when they're explained properly, come across as perfectly valid. You, on the other hand, aren't doing that well in explaining your stance. It would serve you better if you tried expressing yourself with less derision and vitriol aimed at the people that do like the game.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CaLe
    @NTM said:

@CaLe: Aside from your personal problem with sisters, the thing about the game is entirely opinion. Not that I'll ever care to play through this game, but still, saying it's bad isn't correct. Why are you on here if you're putting down the game anyways? No one needs to hear what others have said before, one less opinion (being yours) would be great. In short, get the fuck out. Thanks, no more response needed.

It seems someone does not understand how an internet forum works. You put something out there and guess what happens, you get responses you might disagree with, not want to see, or even get enraged by. Sadly you lack the power to do anything about it in this case. The topic is about a game, so it's open to any and all discussion regarding said game. I think my views on it are valid, regardless of whether or not they pander to said game or not. If I didn't care then I wouldn't even be posting about it. The problem is I do care how these games turn out, so voicing my opinion is valid I think, regardless of whether others agree or disagree. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By CL60

@CaLe: You sound like a jerk.

CaptainCody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CaptainCody

I should get around to watching the quicklook, but, the game doesn't even resolve itself? Holy shit, I'm not looking to spend 50 hours in a game for some cliffhanger style shit.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CaLe
    @Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel:

Well, sure. Some tastes change. Doesn't mean that they all do, or that when they do, that they change completely. Though, perhaps that in learning that age doesn't dictate taste, you should also learn to respect the opinions of others without berating them for their supposed immaturity or inferiority. I mean, hey, I'm liking Final Fantasy XIII-2, but that doesn't mean that I think everyone should. Some people don't like it for reasons that, when they're explained properly, come across as perfectly valid. You, on the other hand, aren't doing that well in explaining your stance. It would serve you better if you tried expressing yourself with less derision and vitriol aimed at the people that do like the game.

I will concede that I did ask loaded questions. My bad on that. I don't think it's just a matter of taste and I do honestly just believe that fundamental aspects of this games design (art direction, story, characters, world) can only be described as juvenile at best. There's not much room for expansion on that impression because all you need to do is see the game (or play it for a while) to know it. I guess we'll agree to disagree on that though.
    CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CaLe
    @CL60 said:

@CaLe: You sound like a jerk.

Yes, that is completely true in this thread at least. Thanks for noticing.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hailinel

@CaLe said:

@NTM said:

It seems someone does not understand how an internet forum works. You put something out there and guess what happens, you get responses you might disagree with, not want to see, or even get enraged by. Sadly you lack the power to do anything about it in this case. The topic is about a game, so it's open to any and all discussion regarding said game. I think my views on it are valid, regardless of whether or not they pander to said game or not. If I didn't care then I wouldn't even be posting about it. The problem is I do care how these games turn out, so voicing my opinion is valid I think, regardless of whether others agree or disagree.

Slinging personal insults isn't proper etiquette whether you're on the internet or not. Also, there is the power to do something.

It's the called the "Flag" button.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CaLe
    @Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

@NTM said:

Slinging personal insults isn't proper etiquette whether you're on the internet or not. Also, there is the power to do something.

We happen to be on quite a relaxed board where as long as things aren't taken too far it's all good. I don't think things have been taken too far at all. Some loaded questions, that's about all.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Hailinel

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel:

I will concede that I did ask loaded questions. My bad on that. I don't think it's just a matter of taste and I do honestly just believe that fundamental aspects of this games design (art direction, story, characters, world) can only be described as juvenile at best. There's not much room for expansion on that impression because all you need to do is see the game (or play it for a while) to know it. I guess we'll agree to disagree on that though.

No, it doesn't work like that. If you're going to claim that the game is juvenile, or that is flawed in some other fashion, you need to provide examples of how and why, not expect people to play the game and understand what it is you're talking about. I'm in the middle of the game, and I can't say I agree with your opinion at all, nor do I see the context from which it originates.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By NTM

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

@NTM said:

We happen to be on quite a relaxed board where as long as things aren't taken too far it's all good. I don't think things have been taken too far at all. Some loaded questions, that's about all.

I said fuck off mainly because you're bothering someone else with little insults. You put down people that like the game with dumb comments that show shit opinions. No one cares what you think when it comes down to that.

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CaLe
    @NTM said:

@CaLe said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

@NTM said:

I said fuck off mainly because you're bothering someone else with little insults. You put down people that like the game with dumb comments that show shit opinions. No one cares what you think when it comes down to that.

And you are bothering me with rude language. Why don't you try setting an example instead of digging a hole for yourself?
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By endaround

@BoG said:

Honestly, I've come to a point where nothing SquareEnix does surprises me. Though, maybe I am surprised, because this doesn't seem like the Final Fantasy game they should be turning into a trilogy, considering that it's lesspopular than many other games in the series. Fans would give a much warmer welcome to other sequels. In fact, I'm guessing Final Fantasy XV would get a much warmer welcome. I'd rather they dedicate resources to XV than to XIII-3. Honestly, I don't know if I'll even bother playing XIII-3. Whatever.

Square Enix releasing Tactics Ogre did surprise me. And the fact they haven't run Dragon Quest completely ragged (yet) would also be a small surprise.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Hailinel

@endaround said:

@BoG said:

Square Enix releasing Tactics Ogre did surprise me. And the fact they haven't run Dragon Quest completely ragged (yet) would also be a small surprise.

The World Ends With You was also a surprise, and probably the most original new game that they've produced in the past decade.

Nymphonomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#44  Edited By Nymphonomicon

The titles to Final Fantasy games are increasingly resembling sports scoreboards...

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By spazmaster666

@Hailinel said:

I would agree about the gameplay being really good, but the story definitely left a lot to be desired, even without considering the ending (though admittedly the ending would have been better if there wasn't a giant "To Be Continued" message right afterward). I liked the story and characters in FFXIII a lot more.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for FFXIII-3 if they can conclude the story in a satsifying way and also make some more improvements on the gameplay (i.e. go back to the encounter system that FFXIII had). I wouldn't even mind them having more cutscenes and having to put it on multiple discs for the 360 either since well, I enjoyed the cutscenes in FFXIII.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#46  Edited By MEATBALL

I love XIII/XIII-2's battle system, and XIII-2 is on the right track with the improvements it made over its predecessor, so if the team continue to strive to get it right XIII-3 could be even better again. That said, I don't really have much investment in any of the characters (Noel seems one of the better male leads in a Final Fantasy in a while, though), the world they've created or the story itself.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Hailinel

@spazmaster666 said:

@Hailinel said:

I would agree about the gameplay being really good, but the story definitely left a lot to be desired, even without considering the ending (though admittedly the ending would have been better if there wasn't a giant "To Be Continued" message right afterward). I liked the story and characters in FFXIII a lot more.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for FFXIII-3 if they can conclude the story in a satsifying way and also make some more improvements on the gameplay (i.e. go back to the encounter system that FFXIII had). I wouldn't even mind them having more cutscenes and having to put it on multiple discs for the 360 either since well, I enjoyed the cutscenes in FFXIII.

That's fair enough. Final Fantasy XIII-2's story set-up is forced in that they had to perform a time travel retcon on the original game's ending to get it to work.

Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

Right as always, Hailinel. I do have one question though: Is there eventually going to be music on par with the first game? I haven't gotten far, but I'm really not liking the music. That's the only real complaint I can leverage on this game.

If FFXIII-3 comes out, I'll buy that. This game shows they are heading in the right direction.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hailinel

@RuneseekerMireille said:

@Hailinel said:

@CaLe said:

Right as always, Hailinel. I do have one question though: Is there eventually going to be music on par with the first game? I haven't gotten far, but I'm really not liking the music. That's the only real complaint I can leverage on this game.

If FFXIII-3 comes out, I'll buy that. This game shows they are heading in the right direction.

The music is different. I don't mind the new tracks, but I think whether it's enjoyable or not is going to be a matter of taste.

Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hailinel: Fair enough. I'll keep going then. Perhaps I'll be surprised.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.