thinking about getting that damn Leona Lewis song on Itunes...

#1 Edited by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

Im the kind of guy that gets songs stuck in his head easily, and if I like it, I get it on itunes. And after hearing that GOD DAMN SONG so many times on that FF 13 360 TV ad, im seriously starting to gain a liking to it and am condering using my last 1.29 on itunes to get it. My questions are:  

A. have you ever learned of a new song that you ended up liking because you heard it on a TV ad or something, and that was your first Exposure to it.  

B. Am I a bad person for doing this?  

BTW: for those who dont know what the song is, this is it  

#2 Posted by Robinson (174 posts) -

which song is it?

A. yes
B. not because of this...but those three dead hookers in your trunk are another issue

#3 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

thepiratebay

I reluctantly like those commercials too.  That song is so fucking catchy.  It was on like 5 times during those UFC fights last night.

#4 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -
@HunterPredd:

its called "My Hands" ill link you a youtube video of it.  

Lyrics are kinda stupid.
#5 Posted by DJbruce92 (129 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" thepiratebay "
There is alot better sites than tpb.
#6 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -

Yeah, this song is actually pretty good.

#7 Posted by sawfish22 (237 posts) -

Dude, I totally can sympathize with this.  The song is my newest guilty pleasure.  Yes, this means Lady Gaga has been de-throned for me (for the moment).

#8 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -

a. yes 

b. nope. but youre getting there!

#9 Posted by Brad (3259 posts) -

I listened to this a couple of times while working on the review. :(

Staff
#10 Posted by Psych0Penguin (412 posts) -

dude. I got it because of the trailer. am I a bad person? :(

#11 Posted by Bluethunder35 (337 posts) -

I've got that damn song in my head, too. Nothing like spending 2 hours going through Chapter 6 and hearing that song the whole time. At least it's better than Chapter 5's. 

Speaking of songs I got into via T.V. commercials, She's Got Me Dancing by Tommy Sparks is a recent discovery. It's pretty good, actually. I'd rather have that song as FFXIII's background music. It was featured in ads for the Sony EyePet and iPhone.

#12 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

lol

#13 Edited by PureRok (4236 posts) -

This song sucks balls.

Edit: This has happened to me, though, but with the Kingdom Hearts one, and I don't even like Kingdom Hearts.

#14 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

Yeah I like that song too, especially since I saw it so many times in the FFXIII commercials and that awesome trailer, it's a good pop song

You should just get it

#15 Posted by fynne (303 posts) -

I really like her.  I've got both of her CDs.

#16 Posted by Supermarius (1196 posts) -
@Raven_Sword: Its not a bad song. And the people who were complaining about its inclusion in the western versions of FF13 need to listen the the original theme some more; its ultra-generic jpop and not that great. My Hands is a big improvement and still sounds like a Final Fantasy song to me. Doesnt it remind anyone else of the english version of 1000 Words?
#17 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

I really hate those commercials because I have no idea who they're supposed to appeal to. Leona Lewis appeals to 12-year old girls who hate games, and Final Fantasy XIII appeals to nerds. 
But still, the only song I can remember that I bought after hearing it from a commercial/TV Show was "Eyes" by Rogue Wave, which was on at the end of the Heroes Pilot. 
And B, yes, you would be a bad person for doing this. 

#18 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

GET OUT OF THIS WEBSITE AND NEVER COME BACK!

#19 Posted by Fbomb (1168 posts) -
@DJbruce92 said:
" @MAN_FLANNEL said:
" thepiratebay "
There is alot better sites than tpb. "
Like, sites that support the artists.
#20 Posted by zudthespud (3283 posts) -

A: Yes 
B: Yes. You are a tool.

#21 Posted by gla55jAw (2693 posts) -
@Brad said:
" I listened to this a couple of times while working on the review. :( "
Why the sad face Brad? Are you that drained from FFXIII?
#22 Edited by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I used to listen to that for hours everyday. She also sings the avatar theme song.

#23 Posted by ElegantRuby (516 posts) -

Ive got that and both Kingdom Hearts songs on my Zune on my playlist that I just set on shuffle and play over and over and over and over again...

#24 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

I love you, always forever, near or far, always together... 
Oops, that's Donna Lewis... i'm sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.