Advertising in The Podcast?

BoatDrinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#201  Edited By BoatDrinks

After the intro music and after the outro music wouldn't bother me, but please dont interrupt in the middle of the podcast for ads. That would be the worst. They have to find advertisers that let them swear as well.

danmcn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By danmcn12

Only thing that would bug me if they started spewing BS about their product they support. Diggnation used to do it and it was tough to listen to. Podcast ads are still at the point where they are very unobtrusive.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By EXTomar

I'm okay with advertising in a podcast if they do it no more than 4 times an episode.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By splodge

I will do the same thing I do with every other podcast I listen to that has adverts.

Skip them.

Our fancy modern technology allows us to effortlessly track past any part of an audio file we do not wish to listen to.

Its a non-issue really.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#205  Edited By jakob187

If they will do it much like old-timey radio did where they actually cut their own promos and did their own scripts for it, then read it on the air...

...then hell yes, I would love it.

"E-MAILS! brought to you by the fine people at Doritos...whom Brad Shoemaker is leaving Giant Bomb to work for."

Avatar image for renegadedoppelganger
RenegadeDoppelganger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every other podcast I listen to has ads and I don't have any less respect for those people.

This bombcast is brought to you by: Mickey's Fine Malt Liquor. It definitely comes in 40's.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#207  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'd be strongly against it. The only way I could see it working is if they did it MBMBaM-style and managed to make their advertisements into genuinely funny bits, and even a certain amount of the MBMBam stuff isn't humorous.

verbalmedal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By verbalmedal

they need that money so they can go to japan.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By AgentofChaos

This weeks podcast brought to you by _____. Really people? You can't deal with that?!

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Cold_Wolven

The GB crew doing advertising on non game related products could prove hilarious so as long as it's not too intrusive I'm okay with it.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#211  Edited By Ravenlight

Fuck advertising in podcasts and fuck anyone who's okay with it. I'll fight all of your respective grandmas.

Wondeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Wondeboy

if not advertising, then what? It is a perfectly reasonable and non-intrusive way of monetizing the bombcast. Im down with it! (although i am getting sick of audible ads)

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#213  Edited By Elwoodan

EDIT:that was poorly said: was it not just a few weeks ago, during the whole "journalist integrity" thing, that Jeff more or less said, if you don't trust them (the bombers) to do right by us (the viewers) then why are you still around? if they need to advertise on the 'cast I trust that they will do it in the most responsible and unobtrusive way possible.

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#214  Edited By Kyreo

The only way adverts in the podcast would be good is if they read them like they read the WiiWare and DSiWare adverts. Scathingly detached or way too invested and using weird voices. That would actually be awesome.

Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#215  Edited By Vanek

I'm against the idea seeing as I'm currently paying to view an ad free site. I'm a gold member and for a good amount of time I haven't felt the premium content hasn't been worth it, so if they suddenly started putting ads in the Bombcast I would probably take my money elsewhere. I mean at least at the moment I'm getting an ad free Bombcast for my money even when the premium content seems to dry up pretty badly at times. If they want to include an ad free version in the subscription then fine, but force ads on everyone and that might be the deciding factor the next time my subscription is up for renewal.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#216  Edited By C0V3RT

As long as it's nothing more than a 60 second bumper or them saying this episode of bombcast is sponsored by _________, it doesn't really bother me. Go back and listen to some old episodes of TalkRadar. They had shows that were sponsored and it was pretty non intrusive.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#217  Edited By oraknabo

I wish the whole Bombcast was just 3 hours of commercials.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#218  Edited By Undeadpool

I've listened to podcasts that integrate them just fine (and that found advertisers that don't require them to censor themselves), so it's REALLY not that big a deal. AND it'll be AWESOME reading the knee-jerk, reactionary comments!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#219  Edited By LordAndrew

The website has ads and optional subscriptions. If they promoted the site and its content more on the 'cast, wouldn't that benefit both sides without having to resort to advertising on the 'cast?

Ads during the 'cast feel dirty and can cause people to question whether they can trust the guys to speak honestly, but a segment talking about new content on the site is more appealing even if it's done to direct listeners to ads.

"Ugh, another ad." vs. "Oh, this article or piece of community content sounds neat. I'll go check it out." Both see the user served with advertising, but the latter results in a happier user.

But hey, I'm no marketing guy. Just a guy.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#220  Edited By Levio

This week's podcast brought to you by OPEC! OPEC encourages you to visit your family for the holidays, even if they live thousands of miles away! OPEC: Livin' it up!

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By RE_Player1

If it can make the guys money and not be super intrusive I'd be all for it. Play a 30 second ad in the middle of the podcast, I don't care.

camp7203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By camp7203

Instead of advertising:

When Jeff says the words, "along the way" mail them 1 dollar.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#223  Edited By NMC2008

Everytime they mention Rock Band or Dance Central they get $40.00 from Harmonix. So I guess there's that. :P