Bombcast Breakdown!! - 7.8.2008 - #22

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

Edited By matthew

Because two exclamation marks means you're super serial about it! 
I have this weird goal of going through each show and taking copious notes, as this whole college thing has taught me. 

This is a fluid list.  Beta as its popular to be known as.  Things are going to be dynamic, pertaining to formatting and such, until I get a feel for how things are going to turn out.  Categories may be added, renamed, or simply taken away on 'cast to 'cast basis. Let me know if you see something wrong!  This is as much mine as it is yours!  

Legend:   

• Voices - obvious enough, who's in the podcast
  • Reviewed - initially going to be reserved for the taste testing they did early on in the series, will see how things turn out later when they start phasing it out 
  • Movies mentioned - despite being a videogame-centric podcast, these guys have some serious debates on movies and people/ideas pertaining to them
  • Games mentioned - games/game series mentioned on the 'cast.  Listed if the game has some type of discussion or context behind it, not simply if name dropped
  • Names dropped - much like the games mentioned, people mentioned if it pertains to the 'cast
  • Out of context quotes - the tiny crazy bits we all love our boys saying.  taken directly out of context makes it even more hilarious
  • Timestamps-the parts of the 'cast that are fairly easy to distinguish with Ryans segway ability.  Oft times these will seamless lead into a bigger discussion on the topic
  • Definitive quotes - the bits where they're all business, and give their honest opinion/prediction on a topic. If you were to jump to a time in the 'cast, these would be it
  • General notes - ideas I've garnered from the crew during the 'cast
  • ******* - multiple astricks denote a few minutes of the 'cast you'd do well listening to, if for nothing else than the hilarity/gravitas of it all     
  • 1+ - denotes where they talk about a certain topic for more than a minute, instead of simply dropping the name in there for no discussion.     

Giant Bombcast ep.18 -- 7.8.2008

Voices

Names Dropped

Games Mentioned

Out of Context Quotes

• Totally posi.  mad posi. - jeff, ryan (.56)
  • when can I get in and make my dragon ball z mega page? - vinny (5.01)
  • so you're playing sims 2 ikea edition - ryan (7.45)
  • alright, so let us never speak of dragon ball z ever again - ryan (9.37)
  • starkiller...sounds like somebody who should be in Powerman 5000 - jeff (12.34)
  • i will totally bet that the wilhelm scream is in that game multiple times - ryan (15.03)
  • they're going to ship these 2 games, which I think is 20-oh-never - jeff (42.53)
  • and its 2008, we have more than 256 colors, we can dip into that other pallette now - vinny (44.08)
  • and you would get letters from them, saying hey im enjoying life in ryans new town, which is named after something dirty - jeff (1.00.16)
  • when I saw wacking pinatas...talkin bout my penis - vinny (1.03.02)
  • on the other hand, I have a tremendous 8-bit boner - brad (1.14.20)
  • nobody has posted his home address and threatened his life yet, so still minor leagues as far as I'm concerned - jeff (1.17.05)
  • that should be on a t-shirt, space neon lobsters - jeff (1.37.06)

Definitive Quotes

• when I think UT i think pc - jeff (24.52)
  • i think the most telling thing you can tell about Unreal Tournement 3 is that the back of the box says 'from the studio that brough you gears of war.' - jeff (31.53)
  • Trophies totally not doing it for me - jeff (33.35)
  • yea, they took everquest and said lets make this better.  and they totally did, and its awesome - jeff (41.44)
  • the thing about ff7 is at this point its unplayable. i dont think a new player can go back to ff7 and get the same exp out of it, anything close - ryan (52.54)
  • yea, windwaker for life, and those are the same people bitching about daiblo III (55.06)

Timestamps

• what is to be done with giantbomb when launched, where you getting moneys (1.11)
  • check out comicvine.com for a preview on how the site is gonna look (1.56)
  • whiskey media first mentioned (4.43)
  • What has everyone been playing (7.35)
  • News of the World (38.17-1.33.27)
  1. Diablo III art style petition (38.17)
  2. Chrono Trigger (45.03)
  3. Animal Crossing coming once again (55.39) 
  4. Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise getting a release date, and awesome names (1.03.11)                                                 *************
  5. Mega Man 9 totally throwing it back like it used to, and awesome names (1.06.00)
  6. Denis Dayack tries to cover his tracks (1.14.48)
  7. Fable II pre-order pub games goodness (1.23.57)
  8. 50 Cent is still a threat (1.30.09)
  • Break time - brad has to tinkle (1.33.40)
  • New Releases (1.34.22)
  1. Cid Meiers Civilization Revolution (1.34.25)                                                                     1+
  2. Beijing Olympics 2008 (1.36.34)
  3. Devil May Cry 4 (1.36.36)
  4. Unreal Tournament 3 (1.36.45)
  5. Schizoid (1.36.58)
  6. Golf: Tee it up (1.38.22)
  7. Spogs Racing (1.38.54)
  8. King of the Monsters(1.39.02)
  • Emails (1.39.32)
  1. e3 plans (1.39.33)
  2. graveyard in Home depicting game deaths (1.51.21)
  3. 1st person mmo planetside (1.53.31)
  4. liquid bacon, yes or no (1.56.37)
  5. mind control page (1.57.20)
  6. who can do it better than the Doc and dr dre (1.57.51)
  7. arm pain from god of war 2 tennis sections (1.58.02)
  • GIANTBOMB EXCLUSIVE WEEK AFTER E3!!!! (1.59.25)

General Notes 

• Vinny's first review ever is burst limit
  • ryan has never played ff7
  • ryan has never played god of war 2

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By matthew

Because two exclamation marks means you're super serial about it! 
I have this weird goal of going through each show and taking copious notes, as this whole college thing has taught me. 

This is a fluid list.  Beta as its popular to be known as.  Things are going to be dynamic, pertaining to formatting and such, until I get a feel for how things are going to turn out.  Categories may be added, renamed, or simply taken away on 'cast to 'cast basis. Let me know if you see something wrong!  This is as much mine as it is yours!  

Legend:   

• Voices - obvious enough, who's in the podcast
  • Reviewed - initially going to be reserved for the taste testing they did early on in the series, will see how things turn out later when they start phasing it out 
  • Movies mentioned - despite being a videogame-centric podcast, these guys have some serious debates on movies and people/ideas pertaining to them
  • Games mentioned - games/game series mentioned on the 'cast.  Listed if the game has some type of discussion or context behind it, not simply if name dropped
  • Names dropped - much like the games mentioned, people mentioned if it pertains to the 'cast
  • Out of context quotes - the tiny crazy bits we all love our boys saying.  taken directly out of context makes it even more hilarious
  • Timestamps-the parts of the 'cast that are fairly easy to distinguish with Ryans segway ability.  Oft times these will seamless lead into a bigger discussion on the topic
  • Definitive quotes - the bits where they're all business, and give their honest opinion/prediction on a topic. If you were to jump to a time in the 'cast, these would be it
  • General notes - ideas I've garnered from the crew during the 'cast
  • ******* - multiple astricks denote a few minutes of the 'cast you'd do well listening to, if for nothing else than the hilarity/gravitas of it all     
  • 1+ - denotes where they talk about a certain topic for more than a minute, instead of simply dropping the name in there for no discussion.     

Giant Bombcast ep.18 -- 7.8.2008

Voices

Names Dropped

Games Mentioned

Out of Context Quotes

• Totally posi.  mad posi. - jeff, ryan (.56)
  • when can I get in and make my dragon ball z mega page? - vinny (5.01)
  • so you're playing sims 2 ikea edition - ryan (7.45)
  • alright, so let us never speak of dragon ball z ever again - ryan (9.37)
  • starkiller...sounds like somebody who should be in Powerman 5000 - jeff (12.34)
  • i will totally bet that the wilhelm scream is in that game multiple times - ryan (15.03)
  • they're going to ship these 2 games, which I think is 20-oh-never - jeff (42.53)
  • and its 2008, we have more than 256 colors, we can dip into that other pallette now - vinny (44.08)
  • and you would get letters from them, saying hey im enjoying life in ryans new town, which is named after something dirty - jeff (1.00.16)
  • when I saw wacking pinatas...talkin bout my penis - vinny (1.03.02)
  • on the other hand, I have a tremendous 8-bit boner - brad (1.14.20)
  • nobody has posted his home address and threatened his life yet, so still minor leagues as far as I'm concerned - jeff (1.17.05)
  • that should be on a t-shirt, space neon lobsters - jeff (1.37.06)

Definitive Quotes

• when I think UT i think pc - jeff (24.52)
  • i think the most telling thing you can tell about Unreal Tournement 3 is that the back of the box says 'from the studio that brough you gears of war.' - jeff (31.53)
  • Trophies totally not doing it for me - jeff (33.35)
  • yea, they took everquest and said lets make this better.  and they totally did, and its awesome - jeff (41.44)
  • the thing about ff7 is at this point its unplayable. i dont think a new player can go back to ff7 and get the same exp out of it, anything close - ryan (52.54)
  • yea, windwaker for life, and those are the same people bitching about daiblo III (55.06)

Timestamps

• what is to be done with giantbomb when launched, where you getting moneys (1.11)
  • check out comicvine.com for a preview on how the site is gonna look (1.56)
  • whiskey media first mentioned (4.43)
  • What has everyone been playing (7.35)
  • News of the World (38.17-1.33.27)
  1. Diablo III art style petition (38.17)
  2. Chrono Trigger (45.03)
  3. Animal Crossing coming once again (55.39) 
  4. Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise getting a release date, and awesome names (1.03.11)                                                 *************
  5. Mega Man 9 totally throwing it back like it used to, and awesome names (1.06.00)
  6. Denis Dayack tries to cover his tracks (1.14.48)
  7. Fable II pre-order pub games goodness (1.23.57)
  8. 50 Cent is still a threat (1.30.09)
  • Break time - brad has to tinkle (1.33.40)
  • New Releases (1.34.22)
  1. Cid Meiers Civilization Revolution (1.34.25)                                                                     1+
  2. Beijing Olympics 2008 (1.36.34)
  3. Devil May Cry 4 (1.36.36)
  4. Unreal Tournament 3 (1.36.45)
  5. Schizoid (1.36.58)
  6. Golf: Tee it up (1.38.22)
  7. Spogs Racing (1.38.54)
  8. King of the Monsters(1.39.02)
  • Emails (1.39.32)
  1. e3 plans (1.39.33)
  2. graveyard in Home depicting game deaths (1.51.21)
  3. 1st person mmo planetside (1.53.31)
  4. liquid bacon, yes or no (1.56.37)
  5. mind control page (1.57.20)
  6. who can do it better than the Doc and dr dre (1.57.51)
  7. arm pain from god of war 2 tennis sections (1.58.02)
  • GIANTBOMB EXCLUSIVE WEEK AFTER E3!!!! (1.59.25)

General Notes 

• Vinny's first review ever is burst limit
  • ryan has never played ff7
  • ryan has never played god of war 2

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Red12b

Ahh, Buzz Click's Space Neon Lobster T Shirt inspiration 

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By matthew
@Red12b: dude, 4k posts.  atta boy! Not quite sure if thats something to be too proud of though...but hey, at least we exchange witty banter! yay!
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

You are doing [insert personal deity here if applicable]'s work, young Matthew.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Red12b

@Mathew

Oh god, oh dear god no...

@buzz_clik

So are you my son. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude
@Red12b: 

Poor Red, always drawn back in. Witty is in not.
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

You are a fucking mad man!

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers