• 63 results
#1 Posted by pochepiller (25 posts) -

J'aime the podcast with 3 or 4 people, they can get deeper into their subject and don't interrupt each other all the time. Do you think like me? Also the one who should be left behind is the one of your choice but for my they should do a rotation maybe or just left Patrick behind. He's the greatest person alive and just a notch below Jesus but he came from a different background from the other 4 and it shows.

Bonne journée

David Gaudreault

#2 Posted by PixelPrinny (1030 posts) -

I'm happy with 5 or 4 or 6+ for that matter (eg E3 podcasts).

#3 Edited by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

No, I don't think like you because they interrupt each other when it's down to 4 and they can also get deep into the conversation with 5.

#4 Posted by pochepiller (25 posts) -

E3 podcast are quite special and yes they very good even it they are 6+ on them.

I was thinking about an HAM radio podcast which they were only 3 on it I think, it was very good.

#5 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3906 posts) -

It can be a bit more chaotic with an extra dude but it depends on the guys. The Bombcast has never been unlistenable like some other podcasts I've heard with that many. I like it. Plus half the time Brad falls asleep anyway when they get deep on a subject so it's like having 4. Brad loves his turkey naps.

#6 Posted by Humanity (9604 posts) -

It's just a matter of who meshes well. Will Smith was awesome on the previous weeks Bombcast.

#7 Posted by DarkShaper (1341 posts) -

I felt like 5 was to much when Patrick first became a regular but after about a month or two I didn't have a problem with it. IDK if it was because they got better at managing five people or if I just got used to it.

#8 Posted by Stonyman65 (2765 posts) -

I wouldn't mind a rotation of guests. I think that would keep things fresh, like they did on The HotSpot back in the day. I'd love to hear more from Drew and Dave, along with some Gamespot guys on a more regular basis. As much as I love the Bombcast, the same 4 or 5 people each week can get a little old sometimes, especially when there isn't that much to talk about.

#9 Posted by glyn (382 posts) -

I love the part with Vinny at the beginning. That is about it... :)

#10 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -

I have an idea, let's take it down to only 1 person per Bombcast so they can get even deeper into the conversation.

#11 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1654 posts) -

Hasn't this already been discussed to death? I'm pretty sure the GB guys are aware of this feedback -- creating another thread isn't going to change anything.

#12 Posted by JoeyRavn (4995 posts) -

There are some times when one member goes without speaking 15, 20 minutes. I completely forgot that Patrick was back during this week's episode, for example. Brad is a silent dude, too.

Silent and deadly.

#13 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

I have an idea, let's take it down to only 1 person per Bombcast so they can get even deeper into the conversation.

That would be monologues, not conversations :P

#14 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

0 person podcast. Let's just make it a constant stream of no talking except when the janitor comes in and you here him cleaning and singing Free Bird completely off key.

#15 Posted by pochepiller (25 posts) -
#16 Posted by GS_Dan (1405 posts) -

The 'bombers are pretty good at not talking over each other, not speaking until being introduced etc. Everyone gets to speak when they want and there aren't any people being interrupted all that often.

#17 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

If i didn't like it i just wouldn't listen to it.

#18 Posted by iAmJohn (6128 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

0 person podcast. Let's just make it a constant stream of no talking except when the janitor comes in and you here him cleaning and singing Free Bird completely off key.

The 0 person podcast just redirects to the livestream of UVB76.

#19 Posted by pochepiller (25 posts) -

@Bell_End: "If i didn't like it i just wouldn't listen to it."

Dumbest thing ever said, do you have other word of wisdom like that?

I don't hate it at 100%, thing seems much more simple in your head, black or white it is?

#20 Posted by ThePickle (4186 posts) -

The difference between a 4 man cast and a 5 man cast is almost unnoticeable.

#21 Posted by Landon (4152 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@BraveToaster said:

That would be insanity.

#22 Posted by Jolt92 (1559 posts) -

3-5 is the sweet spot for me.

Brad doesn't talk very much so it's more of a 4½ cast.

#23 Posted by Baillie (4247 posts) -

I can't get over how defensive people get over anything mentioned about Giant Bomb in any way, calm down guys.

#24 Posted by megalowho (972 posts) -

I don't really give a shit. As long as people aren't constantly laughing and talking over one another they could have 10 folks for all I care.

#25 Posted by Subjugation (4725 posts) -

Another one of these threads? I respect your right to have an opinion, but I disagree with it completely.

#26 Posted by pochepiller (25 posts) -

@Subjugation: And why you respect my opinion? And why you disagree with it? Add something wtf

#27 Posted by The_Nubster (2264 posts) -

@DarkShaper said:

I felt like 5 was to much when Patrick first became a regular but after about a month or two I didn't have a problem with it. IDK if it was because they got better at managing five people or if I just got used to it.

I think it was a management thing. Klepek mentioned at some point he took the criticism of his excited interruptions to heart, and now he paces himself and waits his turn when he has something to say. I think it just took them a bit to find a rhythm with 5 people, but it works now.

#28 Posted by tallTuck94 (553 posts) -

Honestly I find there to be little to no difference between the two. People keep complaining about nothing on these forums, it's really fucking annoying.

#29 Posted by PrioritySeven (322 posts) -

Maybe I'm crazy, but I like the Bombcast in any/all forms.

#30 Posted by starrjack1 (91 posts) -

Oh is it time for another one of these threads again? @pochepiller said:

I DONT KNOW HOW TO COPE WITH CHANGE

Bonne journée

David Gaudreault

#31 Posted by AjayRaz (12441 posts) -

@ThePickle said:

The difference between a 4 man cast and a 5 man cast is almost unnoticeable.

yup. although i enjoy the occasional bombcast where ryan is out and jeff is hosting

#32 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

@Humanity said:

It's just a matter of who meshes well. Will Smith was awesome on the previous weeks Bombcast.

Agreed, and holy heck, I swear we've had, like, this exact thread at least twice in the last few months.

#33 Posted by Brenderous (1105 posts) -

I like the bombcasts where they talk about video games and other stuff too.

#34 Posted by Jimbo (9872 posts) -

4 people, ~2 hours was the sweet spot.  5 is too many.  Dave being the exception to every rule because he has exceptional taste, verve and a certain...  je ne sais quoi.

I don't listen anymore because they crushed my hopes and dreams by going back to gamespot cap in hand, so whatevs.

#35 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1820 posts) -

3 is too few, that's for sure. 4-6 is fine. 7+ is crazy E3 bombcast territory.

#36 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

I think they're the ones who can make the best call

#37 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

Heeeeelllllllll Nooooooo, I prefer having a new guy with new views. Other than that I've seen no difference.

#38 Posted by Splodge (1769 posts) -

who cares

#39 Posted by Mars_Cleric (1595 posts) -

The Bombcast is great no matter how many people are on it.

#40 Posted by Shaunage (715 posts) -

Fine as is.

#41 Posted by JayDee (440 posts) -

3 are the best though

#42 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4690 posts) -

Five is fine. How often are they talking about a subject where everyone has something to add anyway?

#43 Edited by freakin9 (1154 posts) -

Patrick barely has a voice on the podcasts, it's the quicklooks where he really shines, or doesn't, depending on how you look at it. What separates Patrick from the rest is that he has the 1up wit, which entailed saying unfunny things but still getting laughs. For whatever reason the gang still laughs at what Patrick says, so it's unlikely he'll develop a sharper sense of humor. He does occasionally have an interesting perspective and there's nothing wrong with him in a larger group.

#44 Posted by DirtyEagles (277 posts) -

It's really not so much different.

#45 Posted by Nightriff (5156 posts) -

Yup 4 is better but we are stuck with Patrick so get used to it. I like Patrick's writing and when he is excited about a game, he is genuine about it but when he is trying to be funny it is the worst. Bombcast is still good but I personally enjoy the 4 and smaller groups (Ryan, Jeff, and Vinny several weeks ago was amazing)

#46 Posted by Rafaelfc (1382 posts) -

people complain about Patrick, but he has consistently elevated the game discussion on the bombcast, some of you must be deaf or not paying attention

#48 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

4 or 5 are the same to me. The rare times we get 3 are the best.

#49 Posted by AndrewB (7669 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@BraveToaster said:

Those were the very first Quick Looks, and they're super weird going back to watch now.

#50 Edited by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

Bombcast with 3 > Bombcast with 4 > Bombcast with 5.

For real. Every 3 man Bombcast has become an instant classic... Because they are rare, no doubt.