What is happening to the Bombcast; can they stop the rot?

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bonbolapti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By bonbolapti

They can't all be winners.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@august: Pop the plot and don't stop until you've tied the knot and stirred the teapot.

Load it with buckshot and go for the eyeshot; you've uncovered the subplot and activated the robot.

It was all for naught, you've achieved the unessential jackpot.

Why are we doing this again? I forgot.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Not saying it used to be better, but I would replace Patrick with a can of Pussy in a heartbeat.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By penguindust

I like the show the way it is. The ups and downs. Not every episode needs to be the Algonquin round table. Hell, in the old days they used to spend an hour just talking about snack foods and energy drinks. I like hearing about Vinny's life as a new father, Patrick's hat problems and Jeff's stack of rap magazines. This is a personality focused website. There's no reason to remove the personality from the Bombcast.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#105  Edited By ProfessorEss

I like hearing about Vinny's life as a new father...

Man I would kill for a Vinnie Caravella/Will Smith "Adventures in Fatherhood" podcast.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's a quiet time for games at the moment.

I feel like i see this exact thread every fucking year.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Da hell are you on about? This week was great, I felt like the guys were more energetic then they have been in a while. I love the rambling stupidity.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#110  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
No Caption Provided

Stop the rot.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By ProfessorEss

@milkman: Wow. Huge thanks.

Can't wait to check it out tomorrow :)

ahgunsillyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Only Animal Man and the Swamp Thing can stop The Rot.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yodasdarkside: you're seeing where this thread is going,

can you signal the mods to come lock this up? especially with that thread title (heads up, you can use full edit and change your topic title) this thread is gonna spike for the wrong reasons

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keres said:

"Serious philosophical discussion of the state of games" is the rot.

bang bang

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The strange food fetishes and poop talk are starting to get a little too weird, but other than that I think it's fine.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#116  Edited By MEATBALL

Thought this week's podcast was excellent, no idea where this idea that the bombcast is going bad is coming from.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

@yodasdarkside: So since you realized your tastes are changing since your initial post, maybe this thread should be locked?

Kudos by the way , for manning up about it.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I still look forward to the Bombcast each week. Don't know what's up with all these threads.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#119  Edited By Tarsier

there are some problems but theyre not going to be changed by our complaining. do you think they give a fuck? theyre just some dudes hanging out and trying to have a good time and talking about videogames.. they 'appreciate' their 'fans' but they dont feel they owe them anything. i really dont think they will change anything about the bombcast or the articles or the videos or anything, no matter how many people are alienated by a lesser quality media/entertainment experience. . .

if i could point to one thing that has changed for the worse , its the sheer AMOUNT of patrick. hes a nice guy, i dont hate him at all.. but 'giantbomb' as a thing suffers from his constant stream of input. should be addressed, wont. no big deal..

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#120  Edited By csl316

There's been a lack of train wreck Ham radio disastercasts for a while now. I think they're due for another.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh cmon stop this dramatic cry. What did we have just a few weeks ago? Like the only decent game in a month and everyone was chomping at the bit to talk about Infinite. Inbetween that there has been no games of intrest!

Even steam is quiet right now. We have injustice but how much can you talk about that right now? and how much after everyone has gotten it.

Like other have said 52 in a year. There is gonna be some looser ones.

If you not happy mae your games for people to talk about! and if your still not happy make your own games and talk about them on your podcast and then listen to it.

Surley be a better use of time than cry the downfall of the bombcast for a few loose weeks due to no games being out and since christmas the only worthwile game has been Infinite!

The rest have been middle of the ground stuff. While Tomb Raider is a decent game it harldy invoked excitment outside of enjoyment while playing it.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ill take more lackadaisical podcasts over more of these threads. Now that its old hat to have a discussion on whether patrick is a good additon to the site, this seems to be the new edgy talking point for bored ass people.

However IF the bombcast is THEORETICALLY on it way out , what in the world do you imagine could possibly stop the ship from sinking ?

Some magical freak occurence where ryan and brad were ran over by the bart ? and the bombcast becomes Jeff , Vinny , Dave , Drew ?

Perhaps e3 this year drops so much hot bombs that they become rabid fanboys full of hope for the next generation at least for the next few years until its safe again to say videogames are getting TIRING AND REPETITIVE.

id use bioshock spoilers to make a point about the alternatives you have , but spoilers ..

Rant mission comprete

Judoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Judoboy

If you don't like the podcast go read a goddam book.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

This past show was one of my favourites in a long time. Then again, the off-topic, unhinged banter is always my favourite part (and boy... was it fucking unhinged this time XD).

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny that the people that have a problem with these kind of threads seem to be way more whiny and hyperbolic than the people making them.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

needs more brad nursery time hour :D

Elwoodan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I blame it on you fuckers. Where are the awesome hypothetical Knife/Bat emails? droppin' the ball something fierce, listeners.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By cmblasko

Yeah, the last month or so have been pretty uninspired. Can't blame them too much, though, there's not much to talk about right now. Give it a few months and things will pick right back up. Maybe even skip a podcast every so often unless they specifically talk about something you're interested in.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You're insane, I've only listened to 40 minutes of this week's so far and it's amazing. Then again, I love random comedy.

Chalian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been loving it more and more. I love those aimless conversations at the start.

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jdh5153 said:

The show is fine. If you don't like listen to it, stop listening. No reason to whine about it.

The knee-jerk reaction of "don't like it? stop listening." is obnoxious. You don't send them a message by not listening. Trust me. They won't notice. It's perfectly reasonable to air your complaints about changes to the thing you have enjoyed and want to continue enjoying. If you disagree with his reasons, fine. State why.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah last podcast was pretty meandering, but that's what happens when there is shit all to talk about.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There were some good bits, but overall it was not one of my favorites. I like the Bomb crew best when there's a healthy mix of unrelated and game related stuff, and unfortunately in the spring it tends to veer in the former category a little too heavily for my taste. I just browse through the content more lightly until later in the year when things heat up.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last bombcast was probably one of my favorites in a long time. Though, they certainly are hit or miss. They almost always do better when there are more games coming out or there are hot topics at the time.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By eskimo

I really enjoy hearing these guys talk about games, much moreso than I enjoy hearing them talk about other shit. More of that please.

JazGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This seems super-weird to me, and I'm hoping and assuming I'm not alone in this. Towards the end of last year, the Bombcast took a definite upswing, with incredibly philosophical and in-depth discussions on the state of games, and the GOTY stuff in 2012 was the best since the Minerva's Den/Shadow Broker and Skyrim/SR3 stuff. The humor was also spot-on for weeks in a row, with such highlights as Dave's white car etc.

But in the last few weeks, the quality of conversation has dropped significantly, leading to aimless shows which drift for the first hour or so, drunkenly veering from topic to topic. Even the tangential comedy is forced and strained. They pull it together for the games part, usually, but this week, Ryan flat out called it the worst podcast ever, and apologised. Unfortunately, he echoed exactly what I was thinking at the time.

Are the guys in danger of falling too much in love with their own style, and just assuming each podcast will be quality just because it's them? For the first time in years, I'm feeling like the show could do with a bit of reigning in and possibly be (heresy alert) shorter then the usual 3 hours, give or take.

What are the community's thoughts on the Bombcast? I look forward to it every week, but this was the first week where I had the thought of 'Why am I listening to this?'

I agree that the bombcast has changed. To me, if felt like in 2011 they came off of Christmas with the "welp, there's no games to talk about" lull and then never really picked it back up. By the time they actaully started to talk abotu games seriously again it was Christmas 2012.

I think maybe this has to do with it being the end of the console generation, but I think it also has to do with much more video content going up on the site.

moondogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By moondogg

I almost sigh when they start taking games, I mean not that its not interesting but... the tangential outside life stuff from games is the most interesting some of the time.

You might also have to think about whether you might just be sick of the bombcast. Oh the horror, but it happens. Not calling the bombsquad comedians, but I'm sure we've all experienced times where comedians we found funny before, and consumed a lot of their content, now just don't seem as funny, or interesting. Tastes and humor evolve, maybe the OP's have. There's a chance its going to happen with whomevers content it is. How many bombcasts have you listened to, how many quicklooks have you watched, other videos?

Maybe you want something new.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#139  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I thought it was one of the best podcast's in a long time...

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

You know.. Weekend Confirmed is all about games. And that gets pretty boring and corny. And when they don't talk games,. they're pretty wack..

I like the Bombcast to hear about the crazy adventures one can only have in suburbia that is Petaluma. And hoping every week its a Jeff hosted crazy adventure, thinking they might go back to UVB-76 and hear a crazy-drunken Russian speech.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Should Bombcasts talk?

I really enjoyed this weeks bombcast, as I usually do, I don't think there is any rot.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#142  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

Locked per OP request.