Cross site linking, should we do it?

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Endogene

Since Anime vice is a sister site of giant bomb (like comic vine) would be be ok to link franchise pages from there in franchise descriptions of games based upon mangas and comics say for the naruto franchise page here on giant bomb

"Naruto is a populair manga franshise that later was made into anime..."

This way not half of the pages here on giant bomb would not be about explaining the whole thing.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

Yeah, I think that would be pretty cool. I've seen this kind of thing done in news articles on the CNET Entertainment sites (GameSpot, TV.com, MP3.com, MovieTome) where they link to a relevant page on one of their sister sites, and I think it's something we could definitely take advantage of here.

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Demilich

Uh. Yes.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By kush

Of course we should do it...I believe even Snide mentioned this as a benefit too.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Hamz

Comic Books, Video Games, Anime and Manga all sort of go hand in hand really. Someone is bound to be a fan of Anime if they play Naruto or DBZ video games, while someone who plays Spiderman or Marvel Ultimate Alliance is likely a fan of comics books. It all interconnects, so i imagine some form of linking between all three sites will occur so each community can merge together and share opinions about similar passions.

That and it generates some extra revenue, hype and advertising :)

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By brukaoru

Yes! I think this would be an awesome idea! :D

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By xymox

Indeed, would be great to have some interaction between the sites.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MasturbatingBear

whats up with the winter hats? thats a pretty cool idea, someone wanna make a bear one?

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure
MasturbatingBear said:
"whats up with the winter hats? thats a pretty cool idea, someone wanna make a bear one?"
There is a whole thread for it, pretty popular one at that.

Anyhow, I totally agree with everyone else that it should be done.
yellownumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10  Edited By yellownumber5
Xymox said:
"Indeed, would be great to have some interaction between the sites."
yes yes yes yes....   really I don't know why it wasn't there since GB started after Comic Vine.  You guys are all running these things together in the first place anyways, so why whouldn't there be links to these sister pages?
gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gman

Yeah, as long as it's one of our sites, they hellz yeah.  As mentioned, it helps.  Also if you ever visit other, non-whiskey media forums (What?!?) linking to any or all of our sites (even in your sig) is a help.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive
GMan said:
"Yeah, as long as it's one of our sites, they hellz yeah.  As mentioned, it helps.  Also if you ever visit other, non-whiskey media forums (What?!?) linking to any or all of our sites (even in your sig) is a help."
i try to spread the word all the time
personally i am awaiting a movie site, or maybe one the encompasses all types of film, movies and tv. i think it would be killer for this format and could easily rival popular sites like IMDB, and fanboy sites like Joblo.com etc. because movie/tv show addicts are just like the rest of us and most of us love movies. i remember after the Dark Knight came out, topics in the forums about those movies were very popular.
gman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gman

Yeah, movies do well.  Seems comic movie talk is always a big thing at Comic Vine.  Who knows.  We'll have to see what the new year brings.  I'm still recover from from the Anime Vice launch.

Fade2Gray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By Fade2Gray

Of course cross site linking would be cool! I'd especially like it if out scores could carry over so that we wouldn't have to wait so long for moderation on the other sites. The real problem with all of this though would be duplicate screen names on other sites. What would the world come to if there was already another Fade2Gray on Comic Vine masquerading as me and the sites were suddenly linked!? Would we merge into one unholy, fully faded super being or rip a hole in the space-time continuum!?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Jayge_

I link to cite sources for external quotes in articles that I've edited. I was not aware there was any question toward the practice.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16  Edited By wefwefasdf

Something cool down the line (way down) would be if all the sites were connected.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Player1

Great Idea.