• 153 results
davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By davecuk

Just noticed a mistake on the help page you might as well update if you are going to be adding to it today. Under "What Powers Giant Bomb?" the link to YUI editor is incorrectly listed as http://yui.yahoo.com/ instead of http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/editor/

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By MasterSplinter
LightYagami245 said:
"MasterSplinter said:
"LightYagami245 said:
"Thanks for the info. I have a question though, what about adding characters to a game's character page when the characters are not in your database? Can you guys allow us to create the characters that are not in there already?
"
Yes you can submit a character page for the moderators to approve, by going to the characters section and select to add a new character. If you character is submitted, then you can edit it's information and add it to the game's character page you want.
"
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of adding a few, but when I tried to type in the name, it didn't appear.
"
Your welcome. That just means more characters for you to add to up your point total.  ; )
Carmel_Chewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Carmel_Chewy

I would love to be able to help if I could, but alas I don't really think I can >_>

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By MasterSplinter
Carmel_Chewy said:
"I would love to be able to help if I could, but alas I don't really think I can >_>"
You can help by voting. Rock the vote!
LightYagami245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By LightYagami245
MasterSplinter said:
"LightYagami245 said:
"MasterSplinter said:
"LightYagami245 said:
"Thanks for the info. I have a question though, what about adding characters to a game's character page when the characters are not in your database? Can you guys allow us to create the characters that are not in there already?
"
Yes you can submit a character page for the moderators to approve, by going to the characters section and select to add a new character. If you character is submitted, then you can edit it's information and add it to the game's character page you want.
"
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of adding a few, but when I tried to type in the name, it didn't appear.
"
Your welcome. That just means more characters for you to add to up your point total.  ; )
"
Exactly.:D
Tiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Tiago

I believe posts with a certain amount of negative points should be hidden. (with a little notification so users know there is a message they can read if they want)

I know it's hard because some people might just vote negative without a good reason.

Deltico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Deltico

voting = more work

no thanks!

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By RVonE

Thanks for informing us, Snide. I'm curious to see what you'll come up with.

PLWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#59  Edited By PLWolf

I think it'll be interesting to see what gets tagged for rejection by the users.

DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By DaveF

Personally, my suggestion would be that, just like users with over 1000 points can skip the mod queue, only users over a certain point level could vote on images to be uploaded. That way, people who just join the site to reject everything wouldn't be able to. You would have to put in some time to contributing yourself first and I don't think many people would go through that effort just to spoil the site for everyone else. I don't know what the point limit should be though.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By donfonzie

Thanks. Update appreciated.

Happy_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Happy_Cloud

Thanks for the update. Last night there was this guy kept on posting these disgusting pictures and nobody could report him! Hopefully soon we'll be able to do something.

Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#63  Edited By Kowalski
Tiago said:
"I believe posts with a certain amount of negative points should be hidden. (with a little notification so users know there is a message they can read if they want)

I know it's hard because some people might just vote negative without a good reason.
"
Haven't you noticed that this system is in effect here on Giant Bomb? I quite like it. It's just a flew clicks to hide spammers and jerks.
Guild_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By Guild_Master

thanks for the heads up

Lairdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Lairdo

Sounds interesting.

DarkArmada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By DarkArmada

Sweet - thanks for keeping us updated (just as I'd asked in the GB Suggestions thread) +1 kudos! :D

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Psynapse

Sounds good Snide, i don't think the majority really care about the submission times at the moment, they just want to help out the community and see their stuff online.

Avatar image for missilewarriorz
MissileWarriorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MissileWarriorz

thanks for the update

el_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By el_dude
BlackWaterCO said:
"I guess you guys are right, as long as they don't say who the screenshot is from

Because I know theres one or two people who dislike me, maybe more"
Yeah, anonymity on both sides (the submitter, and the approver/rejector) is absolutely essential if the system is going to be free from abuse
Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Why_So_Serious

Nice. I know you guys have your hands full so I'm in no hurry. They will be proved eventually.

Grape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#71  Edited By Grape
BlackWaterCO said:
"I guess you guys are right, as long as they don't say who the screenshot is from

Because I know theres one or two people who dislike me, maybe more"
The sooner you realize the world doesn't revolve around you, the better. I doubt anyone really cares who you are or what you do here.
tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tariqari

This is a really good idea. Giant Bomb = Ultimate website ever

Txheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Txheat

Thx for the update, also i got a question i am got into some betas in the past should i diffenrces in info between beta and full game like in Supcom where the titian missile rack is gone after early beta becuase of balance issues.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By serbsta

Going good so far, keep it up.

el_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By el_dude

Why are submissions not being reviewed in the order they are received? I ask this because some of my text and screenshot submissions have been pending for 50+ hours now, while I see others' submissions going through fairly quickly. My concern is that someone else's article may get approved first even though it was submitted after mine, or that someone may post the same screenshots that I did and theirs will get approved first, so that my submissions are rejected when they are reviewed and I am deprived of points.

Can someone give us a firm answer on whether or not submissions are viewed in the order they are received?

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By MasterSplinter
el_dude said:
"Why are submissions not being reviewed in the order they are received? I ask this because some of my text and screenshot submissions have been pending for 50+ hours now, while I see others' submissions going through fairly quickly. My concern is that someone else's article may get approved first even though it was submitted after mine, or that someone may post the same screenshots that I did and theirs will get approved first, so that my submissions are rejected when they are reviewed and I am deprived of points.

Can someone give us a firm answer on whether or not submissions are viewed in the order they are received?
"
From what I understand they are running a queue system, but how the submissions are being divided (if at all) is beyond me. I would suggest sending a PM to a staff member. They have been really helpful in answering questions.
Aska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Aska
el_dude said:
"Why are submissions not being reviewed in the order they are received? I ask this because some of my text and screenshot submissions have been pending for 50+ hours now, while I see others' submissions going through fairly quickly. My concern is that someone else's article may get approved first even though it was submitted after mine, or that someone may post the same screenshots that I did and theirs will get approved first, so that my submissions are rejected when they are reviewed and I am deprived of points.

"
If you find anything out, please PM me and let me know.  I'm curious to this as well.
Vigilance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By Vigilance

Im curious what the wait time is currently for moderation.

My oldest pending submission is 1 day 20 hours.

Is this becoming common?

MacGyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MacGyver
BlackWaterCO said:
"Whoa, so If I submit a solid screenshot or image of a game, if some people decide to be jerks, It won't get posted

Im against the idea

Thanks for the update snide"
I'm sure they took all of this into account when they thought of the idea and are making a good safeguard and if it doesn't work will take it down. i think this could be a very simple, hassle free way of moving this submission process along. thats a lot of stuff for six guys.
MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By MasterSplinter
Vigilance said:
"Im curious what the wait time is currently for moderation.

My oldest pending submission is 1 day 20 hours.

Is this becoming common?"
Yeah, this is pretty common amongst almost every user. I have a few submissions from over 24 hours ago as well. I think they are trying to work on the oldest submissions first and then move their way forward.
el_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By el_dude
Official response from Vinny (staff):

We have different queues for images than text so they are being processed at different rates. Other things, like minor changes, are just sometimes faster because they don't take as much time to verify or approve. For the most part though, we are going through all the major content submissions on a first come first serve basis.

The back of the queue is around 58 hours. As you can guess, we're pretty slammed, but working to get things moving faster and faster. That's one of the reasons you may see some of your submissions processed before others, as we refine our approval process.

Let me know if you have any concerns, we're definitely eager to get everyone's stuff up ASAP.

thanks,
Vinny

I am only posting this on the forum because Vinny has given me permission to.
sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By sdodd02

Thanks for the update snide :D

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By MasterSplinter
el_dude said:
"Official response from Vinny (staff):

We have different queues for images than text so they are being processed at different rates. Other things, like minor changes, are just sometimes faster because they don't take as much time to verify or approve. For the most part though, we are going through all the major content submissions on a first come first serve basis.

The back of the queue is around 58 hours. As you can guess, we're pretty slammed, but working to get things moving faster and faster. That's one of the reasons you may see some of your submissions processed before others, as we refine our approval process.

Let me know if you have any concerns, we're definitely eager to get everyone's stuff up ASAP.

thanks,
Vinny

I am only posting this on the forum because Vinny has given me permission to.
"
Yeah, that is what I thought, but it is good to see it in writing. Thanks.
MikPick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By MikPick

The system will fail if anyone can use it, though I'm sure you guys will find a nice requirement that's not too hard to reach, but not too easy to get to. That way, hopefully it will go smoothly and avoid abuse.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85  Edited By bwooduhs

thanks for the info. i feel sorry for you guys

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Cool, thx the update. Btw, what is the rough time estimate for moderaton now? Its been two days and nada. I hoping i'm not the only one, so something isn't wrong with me in particular. I'm not complaining, cos i know you guys have it rough right now, i just want to know if it's standard across the board right now.

NoSwear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By NoSwear

I like!

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#88  Edited By OGCartman

Thanks 4 the update

davecuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By davecuk
Sanj said:
"Cool, thx the update. Btw, what is the rough time estimate for moderaton now? Its been two days and nada. I hoping i'm not the only one, so something isn't wrong with me in particular. I'm not complaining, cos i know you guys have it rough right now, i just want to know if it's standard across the board right now. "
I think it's normal for text submissions to take around 2 days (my longest has been pending for 2 days 14 hours), but image submissions are sometimes accepted within a few minutes.
Tiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Tiago
Kowalski said:
"Tiago said:
"I believe posts with a certain amount of negative points should be hidden. (with a little notification so users know there is a message they can read if they want)

"
Haven't you noticed that this system is in effect here on Giant Bomb? I quite like it. It's just a flew clicks to hide spammers and jerks.
"
Yeah, but even if I rate it negative, other people will still see the post.
_F_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By _F_

What about speeding up the site

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_F_ said:
"What about speeding up the site"

They already said they will be adding more servers and fine tuning soon, so no worries.
Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#93  Edited By Aaron_G

Lets hope this works.

Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Felix

Site seems pretty fast to me right now, a lot faster than it was yesterday at this time.

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95  Edited By Philip

I'm not here to complain, I just wonder in what order the submissions are processed. I have images more or less processed, but still have 1 or 2 that I first uploaded that are still pending.

For my wiki edits, some of my newest stuff was accepted pretty fast, but anything I was adding, like Games and Objects etc are still pending on its 3rd day.

Is it by date it was submitted, or alphabetical user name order? or another combination?

Keep up the great work.

Isaac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Isaac

You don't put alot of faith in the community BlackWater. Not everyone here wants to see you in agony.

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Philip

I was just asking that's all, maybe there is an issue that some early submissions are lost.

I do have faith, maybe there is a big issue no-one has seen yet.

Turtlemayor333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Turtlemayor333

Are boxart images being accepted before others? I sent in some boxart for Silver Surfer on the NES and was accepted in no time at all, but I've got screenshots from other games that I sent before Silver Surfer that are all still pending. Sorry if this has been addressed already.

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Philip

Glad to see its not just me, I find that I add some images, and they got accepted 5 mins later, even tho my other images have been pending for 24 hours+

Felix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Felix

It seems like some moderators are taking images as they come in at some points, while others are going through the back log. As for text submissions, those I believe are categorized by type (article, blurb, publisher etc..) and then moderated earliest first. You have to remember that text takes a lot more time to moderate than a picture. I have a couple submissions for publishers and similar games that were moderated before blurbs even though they were submitted a good while later. It will all get resolved.