4.4K Subs!

• 175 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#1  Edited By jacobmccourt

Wow, we have 600 left! Go for it!

http://twitter.com/whiskeymedia/status/24105969607

EDIT: I still don't know if I agree with this decision or mostly how they had promised one thing and toed a very fine line and gave us something different, but I don't want some people to get the week-delay shaft.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Dany

For the love of everything that exists, please put down 5 bucks, NOW!!!

stringbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By stringbacon
@Dany:  If they took check cards, I would.
Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By Heartagram

Its not happening more than likely. = / 

Happy I got my year subscription. =D 

Sign up guys. It really is worth it to support a great team of dudes giving us content we love.

GunnBjorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By GunnBjorn

Three hours left, people...!
Nadafinga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By Nadafinga
@stringbacon: I used a check card....
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ch13696

I doubt it's going to happen. If people on the other side of the world won't even put down money for Xbox Live, then I doubt they will do this. WM knew what would happen and they played is like a fiddle. A fuckin fiddle. And they're some damn good fiddlers.

Avatar image for depressing_wizard
Depressing_Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Depressing_Wizard

I don't think that it's going to reach the 5k mark, but hopefully they just give everyone a non-delayed Bombcast anyways. 

stringbacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By stringbacon
@Nadafinga:  I tried mine yesterday , but it said it was an invalid card number. I'll try again, I guess.

EDIT: Still nothing. I don't get it, I just bought an e-book with this card last week, so it should work, right?

EDIT 2: Wait, you're not supposed to use dashes or spaces, but just as one long string? wtf
Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shabs

I bet they'd easily have that many more subs if they'd included a PayPal option.

Heartagram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Heartagram
@stringbacon: I also used a check card...
lucifon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lucifon

I'll definitely be subbing just can't afford it right now :( Wish I could help out
234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By 234r2we232

When they decide to make that payment page totally secure, that'll be nice :/

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MeierTheRed
@Dany said:
" For the love of everything that exists, please put down 5 bucks, NOW!!! "
Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Falx

If my UK Visa debit worked with the pay system, i would have subscribed already.

jacobmccourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#16  Edited By jacobmccourt

Would everyone here be upset if they show-horned in some support for paypal and said: "Hey if we get 7K by this date, we will keep the bombcast alive and the in the same format!"

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ch13696

Here's another thing to look at. If it took 9 hours to get 500 subscribers, how are we going to get 600 subscribers in 3 hours? 

Give us time WM, some people didn't get paid, and I'm sure a lot of people didn't know when this subscription would start.

MutenMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MutenMiller

C'mon guys! Don't have that coffee/burger/whatever today and just give them $5! Just think how much entertainment the GB has given us.

Spoonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Spoonman

Deep down i just want continued shennanigans

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I encourage everybody to at least get a one month subscription even if only to support Whiskey Media (I will), but I don't think we're gonna reach the 5K mark before 10 a.m.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By CptBedlam

I would but I don't have credit card. No paypal possible yet, unfortunately.

Allison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Allison

Some of us don't even get paid until later today, or get home until much much later. D:

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gizmo

The reverberations of splitting the Bombcast will far outweigh the money WM will make from the 200 odd subscribers that they will be short of to making the 5K cut.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By alternate

I predict they will go back on the decision, they are looking for a face saving excuse.  The reason : bad PR is eclipsing all the good things about the paid member program - 50 page thread on GAF as an example, after the first page it is 90% ppl bitching about the podcast split and remember GB had a very vocal support on that forum until now.

I think if they had paypal day one they would have passed 5k easily by now, a lot of internationals are holding off.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By takua108

I think that taking something that is free and modifying it to still be free, but less convenient unless you pay to be in itself not that big of a deal. I understand that they need to be paid and whatnot, and I'm happy to support them. 

But saying "hey, we know you guys aren't liking the changes, so if you give us this much money by tomorrow morning, we won't change a thing with regards to the thing you actually care about" just seems a little dirty. Okay, a lot dirty. Especially the constant reminders of how many are left. 

Every other change to this website is still awesome, though.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By zeforgotten

I wish I didn't have to "waste" money on food, bills and other important stuff so I could chip in. 
Sadly the real world is kinda hard, so enjoy it while mom and dad are there to pay for everything.. 

Also, think of this as a community quest. 
Last time there was one of those where they had to reach 5000 it didn't happen. 

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jacdg

I helped out.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#30  Edited By alistercat
@Falx said:
" If my UK Visa debit worked with the pay system, i would have subscribed already. "
Mine worked. Don't know why yours wouldn't.
megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#31  Edited By megalowho
@ZeForgotten said:
" I wish I didn't have to "waste" money on food, bills and other important stuff so I could chip in. Sadly the real world is kinda hard, so enjoy it while mom and dad are there to pay for everything..   "  
The real world is hard. That's why I have a full time job that enables me pay for the things I both need and enjoy in life, including services like Giant Bomb. Way to generalize the community. 
Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Scullinator

are they still holding the bombcast hostage?  very sad. 

Tonic7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tonic7

Well, I did what I could. I hope the split doesn't happen...we will see.

Avatar image for concernedlistener
ConcernedListener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there was a paypal option im sure they would have had 5k by now. I know i would have subbed where it an option, so im feeling kind of bad now i can't contibrute to it. IF YOU CAN DO IT PEEPLE FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By zeforgotten
@megalowho said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" I wish I didn't have to "waste" money on food, bills and other important stuff so I could chip in. Sadly the real world is kinda hard, so enjoy it while mom and dad are there to pay for everything..   "  
The real world is hard. That's why I have a full time job that enables me pay for the things I both need and enjoy in life, including services like Giant Bomb. Way to generalize the community.  "
Congrats on having a full time job like many of us have.  
But are you actually trying to tell me that not a single person here had mommy or daddy help pay for this?  

Next month I'll be able to pay for a year, but this months money are all used for the important stuff. 
Giantbomb is not important enough for me to say "Maybe we should not get the medicine for me to survive this month and pay for some WhiskeyMedia thingy!" :P 
I mean, I enjoy the sites a lot but not enough to have myself killed :P
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ch13696

Sad too because there's a lot of people saying their credit or debit cards won't work.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By 71Ranchero
@ch13696 said:
" I doubt it's going to happen. If people on the other side of the world won't even put down money for Xbox Live, then I doubt they will do this. WM knew what would happen and they played is like a fiddle. A fuckin fiddle. And they're some damn good fiddlers. "
You should Click Here.
solidlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By solidlife
@Falx said:
" If my UK Visa debit worked with the pay system, i would have subscribed already. "
Ditto :(
Synaptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Synaptic

Hope it goes through. :/ Would hate the PR backlash to keep going.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By lordofultima
@ZeForgotten said:
" @megalowho said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
The real world is hard. That's why I have a full time job that enables me pay for the things I both need and enjoy in life, including services like Giant Bomb. Way to generalize the community.  "
Congrats on having a full time job like many of us have.  But are you actually trying to tell me that not a single person here had mommy or daddy help pay for this?   Next month I'll be able to pay for a year, but this months money are all used for the important stuff. Giantbomb is not important enough for me to say "Maybe we should not get the medicine for me to survive this month and pay for some WhiskeyMedia thingy!" :P I mean, I enjoy the sites a lot but not enough to have myself killed :P "
I don't even have a job and I still paid for it with my money. And I still pay bills. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zeforgotten
@lordofultima said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @megalowho said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
Congrats on having a full time job like many of us have.  But are you actually trying to tell me that not a single person here had mommy or daddy help pay for this?   Next month I'll be able to pay for a year, but this months money are all used for the important stuff. Giantbomb is not important enough for me to say "Maybe we should not get the medicine for me to survive this month and pay for some WhiskeyMedia thingy!" :P I mean, I enjoy the sites a lot but not enough to have myself killed :P "
I don't even have a job and I still paid for it with my money. And I still pay bills. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! "
You're right, I'm sorry for putting my health before the Whiskey Media websites.  
Can you guys forgive me? :( I'll pay you next month, masters. 
Don't worry, I won't drink from your water fountains. 
kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kidman

Here, take my 5 bucks!

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DrPockets000
@ZeForgotten said:
" @megalowho said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
I think more of us paid on our own than you think, but that is true about priorities.
Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#46  Edited By Evilmetal

this whole thing is terrible. Take a step back and see how they are trying to make people feel guilty and shit for not paying. WTF. 

This whole Whiskey event was poor. They should have used the all day event as a way to gather donations... you know... like "Help Jerry's kids" ;  "Help Whiskey's kids" and yet maintain the site as it was before.

takua108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By takua108
@ZeForgotten: wow
Overwatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Overwatch

Having Pay Pal option would be helpful for a lot of people.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ryanwho

ZeForgotten's Law- compare your plight to a black person in the segregated south pre-1960.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By JoeyRavn
@Dany said:
" For the love of everything that exists, please put down 5 bucks, NOW!!! "
I'd love to, but they don't accept PayPal. Dumb move. They would have made much more money if they accepted PayPal. At least I could donate $5 now, to "save" the Bombcast.