A positive thread about what you're currently playing

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Finally beat Amnesia: TDD, but way before my Halloween deadline. I thought the atmosphere and sound design were impeccable, but it kind of ended abruptly. I wasn't expecting the Alexander encounter to be so fleeting after hours of character-building and backstory.

A nice, squelchy package of Cthulhuian horror, no doubt, regardless of some niggles. I give it a light 8.

airbagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#702  Edited By airbagged

Just gonna be honest, despite Shadows of War's repetitive-ness...I REALLY love killing enemies in that game. It just feels great. I don't know how long it's gonna take until I'm tired of it, but holy moly.

Doofcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Bought a pre-owned PS3 to play Red Dead Redemption, so that's got most of my attention right now. Loving every minute of it, I can really tell why people say it's the best game of the previous console generation.

Other than that, I've kind of on and off been trying to finish Uncharted 4 and the new Doom. I love both of them a lot, but time constraints and different moods have left me playing both only in short bursts.

When I'm in a multiplayer mood without friends joining, I jump into Battlefield 1. Perhaps the only multiplayer game I find myself able to enjoy without friends. But when friends join, we mostly either play Overwatch or lately we started playing Minecraft again, which is a nice way to just chill out and talk while building up our new town.

Elite: Dangerous is my go-to game for when I'm listening to the Bombcast/Beastcast though.

phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought Fractured But Whole, but it came with a code for Stick of Truth, which I only got halfway through on PC before it glitched out on me. Have been playing that on PS4 and having way too much fun. I played like all day on Sunday. It's just a really well paced game. Funny writing, simple combat....just what I'm in the mood for when not playing Destiny.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

I started playing Stardew Valley again (this time on Switch) and that game is a perfect Switch game. Already I remember why I sank 50 hours into it last year and see myself doing that easily again.

Also playing Shadow of War, it's okay - the combat and movement is pretty fluid and the Orc Captains are pretty cool in terms of what they say and how they greet you when you first encounter them. It's an easy sit back and meander around Mordor game.

Disappointed it wasn't simply called Shadow of MOREdor. Weird that they went with 'Shadow' as the title to continue rather than the "Mordor"

paulunga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#706  Edited By paulunga

I'm playing Elex right now. FYI, I played most of Piranha Bytes' previous games (finished Gothic 1+2 and Risen 1+2) and it's pretty much more of their style of game. I feel like this one's going way back, drawing on the Gothic games moreso than Risen. Right away the game gives you a lot of options. You CAN follow the helpful NPC to the first town. Or you can just fuck around, explore, do whatever in the wilderness. Almost all quests have several ways you can solve them and there's a lot of dialogue skill checks giving you even more options when doing quests or bartering for rewards. As clunky as it plays, this still does something that no open world game not made by PB outside of Witcher 3 does, where the world truly feels like it's living, with towns segmented into different quarters and all the NPCs going about their daily business.

You're also weak-as-shit at the start (another PB hallmark), so beating up people, while often an option, is not recommended in the early game but feels so good when you come back later, with better equipment and ten levels stronger. The enemy progression also serves as a more natural barrier to map exploration. Once you start encountering monsters that can kill you in 1-2 hits you know you should probably turn around or look for another way.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

I've been playing a lot of Hollow Knight. That game sets an atmosphere like no other. Also it's really good at making you second guess who's a trustworthy NPC and who is an enemy. Multiple times I've walked up to someone being like "That's probabaly a shop keep" and been stabbed in the face; and vice versa.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708  Edited By OurSin_360

Grim dawn expansion - really enjoying the new class(only tried one) so far, dual weilding pistols feels pretty good now. New areas are fun and i dig the new lore. Performance is much improved as well with new dx11 support. Only con is you still need to beat vanilla to get to the new stuff, so expect even more time to grind levels(level cap raised as well)

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#709  Edited By ciscoidiot

Destiny 2. Just got the platinum trophy. I've got a handful of things to wrap up before the expansion and I'm just having so much fun with it. I love the mechanics and running the weekly strikes with Clan members.

Blastr85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just put my Ninja Gaiden Black disk in the Xbox One to start downloading the game. Can't wait to see it on my Xbox One. Also, just yesterday I received NeiR Automata for PS4 from Gamefly. I played the intro and was pretty much blown away.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Streets of Rage has a fantastic soundtrack. Shocking, I know.

j-wood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I've been playing lately is Guild Wars 2. It's such a great game, with so much content. I beat the original campaign back when it first launched and reached max level but then quit.

With the launch of the new expansion, I picked it up and the last expansion. Really really great stuff that Arena Net is doing, especially in the story department.

wildmike85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713  Edited By wildmike85

I just started Prey yesterday and I'm really enjoying it. The beginning is done so well and offers a really exciting tone that I hope carries on throughout the game. Plus, it looks fantastic on PC. Anyone else brush this game off only to come back to it and enjoy it?

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Finished Pyre recently. Ended up liking it way more than I thought I would. It's got a hell of an end credits sequence. The kind the makes me think about playing again but with a less than perfect win record. The soundtrack might be one of my favorites this year. That's a tough call given how much amazing video game music there's been lately.

Also finished Zero Time Dilemma. A fun ride for sure. I definitely like the first two games more as far as writing and puzzle design goes but I will say ZTD does some cool stuff with the directing of the cut scenes compared to the typical style of visual novels. Makes it feel a bit more like a modern adventure game than a VN.

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been trying to play as much of "A Hat in Time" as possible before Mario comes out on Friday, and boy howdy what a joyful and pleasant little platformer!
Very fun controls and good-feeling platforming, I rarely felt like the game screwed me over after I missed a jump or died. And they give you so many options for movement! Double jump! air dive! Jump-dive cancels! wall running & jumping! grappling hook! And that's not even mentioning the light but still entertaining story & all the fun characters you meet.

ADORABLE HATS!

oh, and the whole thing is adorable. Hat girl is very cute, and so are her many hats.

(I thought Dan said they were gonna quicklook this game, no sign of it yet... But once Mario comes out its all over! Their attention will be drawn away from the cute little kickstarter platformer and towards the horizon of too many games!!!)

I only wish there were more of it. Definitely worth the price though! lots of content in a small package.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#716  Edited By Capum15

@wildmike85: I played it around release and thought it was pretty good, though I did fall off of it roughly around halfway through. It's like NieR: Automata in that I want to go finish it, but there's just so much other stuff now.

Anyway, so among the Xbox Originals that just dropped, I got Black and Crimson Skies: High Road To Revenge. I've only played basically one mission of each so far, but Black seems interesting enough and Crimson Skies is exactly how I remember it being.

Black has the options to change every damn button input to whatever you want, which is fucking crazy, and though the aiming is kinda slow and floaty I got used to it by the end of the first mission. There's also a lot of bullet holes that can be in the world. I get the feeling I really would've enjoyed it had I gotten it back then, but I had fun on my test run and do want to play more of it.

Meanwhile, Crimson Skies is the same Sky Pirate adventure that I remember playing for hours upon hours back on the OG Xbox. I totally forgot both the "open world" mission structure it had, which is super rad, and the random planes you can hop into that are parked on runways in certain places. The combat is fun though I'm still getting used to it, and I'm slowly remembering the characters. It also just has a look to it that I am all about - crazy looking prop planes, auto-gyros and zeppelins! And the first map area just has a really nice ocean island pirate hangout look. Also, boss spoilers: It has a fucking metal Zeppelin that eats other Zeppelins later on in it. I fully recommend the game if you're into arcadey flying things and pirates and zeppelins.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just beat The Operative: No One Lives Forever and I loved the entire atmosphere of the game. The music was really chill and it had a cool presentation to it with the game parodying Bond films, the voice acting was really well done and there was a tonne of dialogue that it caught me by surprise. Really glad that I played it after not really knowing anything about it for so long.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718  Edited By Redhotchilimist

I went back to Nier Automata and have tried getting through that these last couple of weeks. Parts of it have been rough. I think the idea to have the second route be 9S going through the exact same story with only a few added scene was a big mistake, because the few added scenes would liven up the first playthrough a bit and spare me from seeing the same story beats twice. The third route, which I've just begun, is great. There are major shifts in the structure of the world, some welcome improvements to gameplay and some exciting character developments and deaths. It's just a shame it took 30 hours to get here. But for what it's worth, while Nier Automata is one hell of a slow burn, it does get crazy and interesting eventually. I'm having a better time with it now than I ever had with it before.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#719  Edited By sodapop7

Golf Story has been a ton of fun for the first few hours I’ve played it. As someone who plays golf they get all the classic excuses everyone uses exactly right. Really funny stuff so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5aa7cc9892e50
deactivated-5aa7cc9892e50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Started up Fire Emblem Warriors recently after initially loving Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U and I am enjoying a lot of the little to big changes they have done in FE Warriors to make it a fun experience. For example in Fire Emblem Warriors Materials are automatically picked up for you once you defeat a certain enemy, so you can just focusing running around destroying your foes.

Toastburner_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#721  Edited By Toastburner_B

So nine years later I've finally gotten around to playing Dead Space. All told I've been enjoying it more than I thought I would, with only one real misstep so far (the asteroid turret sequence was not fun at all). I might even get around to beating it by Halloween, and look forward to diving into the other two games.

ciscoidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Just finished Cuphead. That game is just something else. Something pretty darn great.

Entropy42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just bought and played The Beginners Guide. I knew it was from the creator of The Stanley Parable, and reviewers said one shouldn't actually expect something similar like that. So I didn't. And it really wasn't. Can't even talk about it a whole lot here because I would spoil everything for you :D Was really something else. Lasted "only" 1,6 hours for me, but no complaints. Go get it :)

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Today I finished:

Her Story - Really addictive experience. If this had more of a Clarice Starling, looking through grungy files, analyzing footage of murder suspects, and putting together evidence for a trial that you're leading up to kind of thing, it could've been an astounding game, but as it is -- simple, unique, intriguing, and with a great aesthetic -- it succeeds in all its own ways, and creates a welcome change of pace. Definitely pushes the boundaries of what games and indie games can be. 4 stars at least.

I also beat Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - It was . . . good? I loved playing it, loved the character designs, and I loved the music, but it ultimately showed itself to be a shallow beast, much like Transformers: Devastation, actually, but with less charm. It has some crazy moments, but never quite crazy in the way I wanted. I'd have gone even further with the ridiculous acrobatics and impossible-looking moves, but it was good fun, no doubt. I give it 3 stars.

Beat Resi 7 the other day and it defied all my expectations. It's the best game since 4, no question. The pacing, weapons, story, sound design, music, all of that stuff, great. It's a concise, delicious slab of horror that disgusts, intrigues, and challenges all at once. 4 stars. The ending, lack of a resolution with Lucas, and the main character being the dullest in the series are detractors, but what a great game otherwise.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rainbow Six Siege - really fun, tense as heck shooter with tons and tons of depth. Didn't anybody on staff enjoy this???

WezqApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726  Edited By WezqApe

Just finished the story missions and reached level 20 in Destiny 2 on the PC. A beautiful game, runs smoothly and feels great to play. I didn't turn into the loot goblin this time though and don't feel that much of a drive to keep playing for better gear. I'm still about halfway through Cuphead and The Fractured But Whole and Wolfenstein II is currently downloading on Steam. There's just so much great new stuff to play that I don't feel like playing public events and adventures for better gear. I'll definitely return to it later when there's less new stuff to play.

With all these awesome games coming out one would almost be inclined to be slightly hyperbolic and declare this to be the greatest time to be playing video games.

tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow of War. Its good but.... im kinda bored of it and ive only taken over 2 areas. Im at the main base of the 3rd one but I have died twice in there now because the damn guy rolled super lucky and is immune to a ton of stuff. I can barely hurt him. So im taking a break.

Been trying to get somewhat mediocre at marvel vs capcom infinite. I cant seem to find a team I want to stay with. I know Chun-Li is my main but I cant find a partner to pair her with for some reason. I was using Arthur but im not really liking him.

thepenguin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728  Edited By thepenguin55

So I'm playing Super Mario Odyssey and the original Evil Within (PC). I'm looking to start Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (PC).

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729  Edited By BrunoTheThird

Whew, played a tonne today.

Beat Space Channel 5 pt. 2 - Love the music, and it's got style for daaaays. A joy to play. I had no idea Micheal Jackson was in it, that was a neat surprise. 5 stars.

Finished Layers of Fear and the DLC. Some of the scares are brilliantly done and tinged with emotion, which is a nice change. They're scary because of what your character has done in the past, to a large degree. Some of the environmental trickery is absolutely seamless, which is trippy but cool. The paintings and art-centric look to the gorgeous house go a long way, too -- it doesn't look like any other game in many ways. I liked it a lot more than most. 4 stars from me.

Saved the first four guests in The Sexy Brutale. I was intimidated by how little info you're given, but the unlimited time rewinds makes up for that. I adore the Clue vibe and the Mexican-style designs.

Have solved 32 puzzles in Stephen's Sausage Roll.

Beat the first world in Back to Bed.

Got to the second world in Unbox and nabbed the mission stamps, but haven't found enough hidden stamps to progress yet.

Reached about the halfway mark on the third VHS tape in Slayaway Camp.

Played and loved my two hour session with Flinthook before I realized it was a roguelike. I will stick with it, though, 'cos the mechanics are flawless.

I have completed 50% of my 355 game backlog so far, according to the tracker I use. I hope to have increased that percentage to 75% or so by next summer.

That's all.

Kranzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been looking a simple flight sim game that a kid could play on a PC with gamepad. I found that Take Off - The Flight Simulator recently is this kind of game. It has also iOS/Android version and recently it was released on Steam for PC and MAC. Biggest advantages that it runs on weaker machines and it is cheap to buy.

Do you know any other titles similar?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

I just finished up Super Mario Run and I really enjoyed my time with it. Its easy and the right level of "pick up and play" that I'd recommended people give it a play through. Its well made and there's a lot to do if your going after all of the collectibles. On top of that it was just recently updated meaning there's even more content and bang for your buck.

I've also dabbled around with Hook which is an extremely simple, short and minimalistic puzzle game. It's cheap and the novelty of the idea doesn't ware out with the game's short length.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Just started playing the PC port of Nioh. I never played any of the Souls games but from what I understand this is really similar to those. 2 hours in and it's already kicking my ass and I'm cursing under my breath every time I die. I guess part of these games is to die a lot though? I'm still not very good at the dodging and reading certain enemy attacks. I really like the designs of the monsters and the stance system seems neat.

Avatar image for redhotchilimist
Redhotchilimist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733  Edited By Redhotchilimist

Breath of the Wild is the best time I've had with a Zelda game since Twilight Princess waaay back in 2006. I can't believe it's been a decade. It feels like such a breath of fresh air, and has done to Zelda what I was asking for it to be ever since I played Shadow of the Colossus, but better. It's given me the sense of discovery that I didn't get from Zelda anymore, and last experienced in Skyrim, and they've added so many welcome mechanics on top of it. It's a phenomenal game, and if the rest of my hours are as good as these first dozen ones, it's no doubt my game of the year. There are things in it you can easily criticize, my biggest pet peeve being how simple and visually repetitive the shrines are. But they're tiny complaints lost in a really engrossing game.

No Caption Provided

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734  Edited By Capum15

Super Mario Odyssey is extremely rad and I need to play more, however I made the unfortunate mistake of starting a new Kaiserreich mod run for Hearts of Iron 4 and those damn Paradox games always end up eating an entire week of my time whenever I start one up. Still, Mario was a very good game that hit at the right time for me. It looks fantastic, plays great (I even use the motion controls quite a lot! mostly just shaking for the auto targetting, but still) and the world designs are excellent. The music is also really good.

I also decided to give Fallout: Shelter a try. It's definitely a phone game, but it's a neat thing I'll pull out every now and then to check on. It actually made me just go back to Fallout 4 and finish the Nuka World DLC which was great (though I did use console commands to skip raiding the Commonwealth because why would I attack my own towns). Nuka World is a fun romp and the ferris wheel at night after you get the power back on is fantastic.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

After six hours of fiddling with graphics settings and FAR, I think I got NieR: Automata to run with a minimal amount of stuttering.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wuppo is quite a feat for a two-person studio. Really nicely written with a dense world.

John_Wiswell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just got to Path B of Nier Automata. Mixed feelings on the game overall so far, but wow, the first moment you reload that save to see the next path, it is something utterly different. Not what I expected.

oopprraahh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still taking some time to get a hang of the flying controls but Star fighter Assault in Battlefront 2 is a blast. Love that Dice expanded on ship battles beyond just TD from Battlefront 1.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739  Edited By ATastySlurpee

Just finished the final episode of Telltales Guardians of the Galaxy last night. First 3 episodes were really strong.
Also, jumped back into Horizon Zero Down with the Frozen Wilds and man I've missed this game, its just so damn fun

WezqApe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740  Edited By WezqApe

I stumbled upon a reasonably priced Xbox One controller at the outlet section of an electronic store, so I bought my first controller ever. We had been talking about trying some co-op game with my wife, who's been wanting to get back into gaming for a while now. We tried GOW4 co-op, but 3d movement while being shot at was a bit too overwhelming. We tried Battleblock Theater instead and we both like the style and humor.

I've been a part of "PC master race" for over 10 years and used mouse and keyboard only, so I've only played a few extremely arcadey racing games. Since finishing Wolfenstein 2, which was great, I wanted to try some racing since I was no longer limited to on/off style steering, gas and brake. I bought Project Cars for cheap to try how it felt on a controller and very much liked it. I did find the selection of cars to be somewhat limited since I'd rather drive regular sreeet legal cars than super cars. After a few hours of Nordschleife with Project Cars I did some research and bought Forza Motorsport 7. I've been mostly enjoying car porn since then.

I'm still on the last island of Cuphead and I play a boss every now and then. It also feels better with the controller, so that's also great.

South Park has been on the bench waiting for everything else to be done.

Still the best time to be playing etc.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finally got around to Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood yesterday. I forgot how much I actually enjoyed all the tower climbing, mission completing and collecting stuff in 2. Glad to be doing it all over again. Maybe one day I'll get up to Origins since it looks pretty good as well.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

I actually am enjoying Agents of Mayhem. My brother said last night it looks like Saints Row meets Crackdown and he’s spot on. I like the big dumb characters, the open worldness, the silly Saturday morning cartoonishness... it’s not a great game, but there’s a foundation here much like Saints Row 1 was to 2and 3.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

I've been playing some old Mega Man games, the old Sonic the Hedgehog games, MVP Baseball 2005, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3, and Tony Hawk's Underground 2

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744  Edited By BrunoTheThird

On the brink of finishing Wolfenstein II. Wow, this game has grown and grown on me. I found the first few hours really maudlin in a way that clashed with turning Nazis to mincemeat. Bits of the story resonated, but BJ's little internal monologues were so repetitive and jarring. Lend me your wings this, Anya's glory that.

Once the bombast starts and those wtf moments start chaining together and the cast are united, the story actually gets really fascinating, and the emotional touches come through far better. I shouted, "Fuck yeah," multiple times, giggled with naughty glee, and paused with real contemplation. What a game.

I think the gameplay is actually fantastic more than simply "okay". Dual-wielding, throwing hatchets, the ingenious contraptions, the heavy weapons: all dope. It feels super smooth to me, and I love playing it. The "stealth" is even more questionable than the first game, though, no question. It's shit, in fact, in regards to enemy awareness and triggering alarms unfairly. If a guy sees you for a second, even if you've thrown the hatched at him first, the alarms are triggered more often than not, whether you kill him quietly away from other enemies or not. I just destroy the alarms and go nuts now, before I kill ze commander. One of the perks helps a bit.

Also just started Titanfall 2, and wow, another grower. It's getting really damn good. Can't seem to turn the extreme auto-aim off, though. I looked in the options, advanced options, etc. Maybe it's named oddly. Anyway, I love BT, and the wall-running FPS action is sublime.

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Assassins Creed Origins, wowsa am I ever enjoying this thing. I'm only maybe 3 hours in and I don't even want to expand out of the first zone yet. There is a lot of this game that is just other games systems kind of mashed together in some ways, but it just works. It's probably the best open world I've personally felt sucked into and played this deep in a long time. Usually after a while with games like this I start to push more towards the objective and just go forward. But the RPG mechanics and big open world exploration aspect of this game really allow you to just run in a direction and engage with it in a variety of interesting and clever ways. All while earning EXP and leveling your character up through systems while still very mechanical, placed around the world in a way that allows them to feel far more natural than your typical AC game previous. Thought I was done with the franchise after AC 3 soured me, and I haven't looked back. But Shadow of War being what it is when I for sure thought it'd be the open world game I'd be into and all the good word of mouth made me try Origins. I'm not unsatisfied with that decision early on honestly.

Last open world I really feel in love with this much to where I just wandered and did things as I wanted and just loved soaking in that environment was probably Oblivion.

jadves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just picked up Destiny 2, I'm playing it solo and enjoying it so far as a mindless podcast game, but who knows how long that'll last. Maybe I'll join a clan and make some online friends to go through the higher level content with. I've always liked the idea of being part of a game's community, but no title has drawn me in enough yet. Hopefully this is the game to change things.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#747  Edited By dichemstys

Wolfenstein: The New Order was cheap on Steam and I decided to check it out. I'm loving it!

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished Wolfenstein II and completed the kill board. I really loved it which is no surprise considering how much I loved The New Order. I know it's been said a million times, but man, this game goes places. The cast of characters you gather throughout the game are very interesting, and the writing and voice acting are great. One thing I've heard a lot from the staff is that the story is great but the gameplay is bad. I disagree with that. I think it's really fun to play. You can play stealthy or go in guns blazing and the different contraptions you gain lend themselves to different play styles. I find that the way the levels are laid out and the AI pathing, the enemies are almost always funneled into your field of view so a direction indicator of where you're being shot from isn't needed. Heaven help you if a grenade lands behind you, though.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

Okay, usually @zombiepie's recommendations leave me shaking in a corner of my shower trying to unsee whatever garbage he's throwing my way, but he asked me pretty nicely to check out Doki Doki Literature Club and I gave in, since it's free. Without spoiling anything, even if you're not a fan of visual novels, it's worth checking out becasue that game is all about twisting expectations. Keep going with it.

PizzaSauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up a 'gaming' laptop recently after a pc game hiatus. It's only got a 1050ti in it but I've been playing Skyrim Special Edition and I'm absolutely loving it. The game looks pretty gorgeous on ultra and I've definitely rediscovered my love for that game. Just wrapped up the thieves guild for the second time, just as good as the first!