ANOTHER CASTLE!?! (Favorite game endings of this gen)

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Arkthemaniac

What have been your favorite conclusions to games of this generation of consoles and handhelds? Let me just say the obvious: since we're discussing game endings, read with caution. Spoilers lurk everywhere. For me:

Tenchu: Shadow Assassins

Yes, it's a Wii game. In fact, my next best was a Wii game as well (No More Heroes). While No More Heroes supplied abstract nuttiness, it didn't really give any closure. Tenchu did, but it did it in such a compelling way that it stood out from the pack. Sure, the story itself may not be spectacularly original, as it's just a basic "princess gets captured" setup. Yeah. The Mario design. However, things get interesting once your forces betray you after you supposedly attack the castle. What ensues is actually a pretty impressive narrative, but it's the climax of the game that will turn your head, and will actually probably make you say, "Holy shit, is that real?" I won't divulge anymore if you haven't played it, which you should if you own a Wii. Your jaw will probably drop, and the credits will leave you with one of the strangest feelings ever.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

My favorite game ending of last generation was most definately Windwaker, as the end of that game was epic, but other than Mass Effect and GTA IV, and maybe TWEWY, i haven't been entirely impressed by many endings lately. Especially Halo 3, whose entire last tenth of the game was so anticlimactic that my opinion of the game dropped 2 points out of ten.

Slunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Slunks
Braid & Lost Odyssey.

So good that I won't spoil them: go experience them for yourselves.

Edit: Thanks twenty0ne. Mass Effect is on this list as well. I played it off of Braid so I judged the ending to include a massive twist, but there wasn't. What I got out of it was an amazing, straight-forward story that ended well.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael

Definitely Braid's ending. Playing through that last world, and discovering that nothing was like you thought... man, so brilliant.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By twenty0ne

The ending to Mass Effect was amazing, IMO.