Any game where you travel like Iceman?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By BisonHero

Has any video game (superhero or otherwise) allowed you to travel around the way that Marvel's Iceman does? If you don't know what I mean, enjoy this brief video:

It's basically flight, but still, I'd like to zip around a city on a sweet constantly extending ice slide thing, and move the camera behind me to see the ice melt away behind me. I was kinda bummed that Infamous 2 didn't have anything like this, despite having ice powers.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wasn't there a PS2 game based on the second X-Men movie that let you play as Iceman? That's as close as I can think of.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Well, Psi Ops let you surf on boxes. Slow and pointless, but exhilarating!

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infamous has some pretty awesome ways to getting around the city. Grinding and such. The sequel has some cool ice powers which propel you into the air, but unfortunately nothing like Ice Man's powers. I hope developers come up with a replicate to such an experience soon.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BisonHero

@mideonnviscera said:

Wasn't there a PS2 game based on the second X-Men movie that let you play as Iceman? That's as close as I can think of.

I know past Marvel games have let you place as Iceman, but I'm pretty sure since he is always one of many characters (some of which can and cannot fly), few of those games allowed free flight, and I imagine that in most games Iceman was likely walking around on his feet like a fucking peasant, or making his sweet ice slide a few inches off the ground.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That Xbox One game, Project Sparks, on the stage demo they showed the character surfing on a bunch of dirt much like iceman.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BisonHero

@clonedzero said:

That Xbox One game, Project Sparks, on the stage demo they showed the character surfing on a bunch of dirt much like iceman.

Oh fuck, right, how had I already forgotten about that? Good pull.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Only thing that comes to mind is Project Spark.

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping you were talking about another Ice Man. Spurs legend and NBA Hall of Famer: George Gervin.

Loading Video...

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zleunamme: Did he project an arching pathway of ice in front of himself allowing him to dunk?

While we're on the topic, why has there not been a Marvel-themed basketball game?

gregSTORM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Loading Video...

This is sort of the same concept, but with roller coasters.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/11/lemmings4l.png

?

Krataur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well, in F1 2012 you can drive the same Lotus E20 that Kimi "The Iceman" Raikkonen drove last year.

That's who you meant, right?

doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Shaun White Skateboarding. It's practically Iceman: The Game sans Frostbite engine. Speaking of superheroes, next gen better bring the Silver Surfer to the table.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Didn't Champions Online have something like that? or was that more of a Silver Surfer-ish thing?

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By NekuSakuraba

@doejonathan: I was going to mention that. Too bad it seems like the game didn't turn out very well.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@mideonnviscera said:

I know past Marvel games have let you place as Iceman, but I'm pretty sure since he is always one of many characters (some of which can and cannot fly), few of those games allowed free flight, and I imagine that in most games Iceman was likely walking around on his feet like a fucking peasant, or making his sweet ice slide a few inches off the ground.

Loading Video...

I believe @mideonnviscera is referring to X-Men: The Official Game, which is based on the 2nd and 3rd X-Men films. The only three playable characters are Wolverine, Iceman and Nightcrawler.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@bisonhero said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Loading Video...

I believe @mideonnviscera is referring to X-Men: The Official Game, which is based on the 2nd and 3rd X-Men films. The only three playable characters are Wolverine, Iceman and Nightcrawler.

Oh man, totally rad. I guess I forgot that (young) Iceman is a surprisingly central character in X-Men 2 and 3, so it only makes sense that they made him one of the main characters in the game spin-off. If I had made this thread answerable, this would be the answer.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How exactly does his sheet of ice remain suspended in mid air?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's mutant ice. duh.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Midichlorians.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@ll_exile_ll: He's also telekinetic but completely unaware of it.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ares42

Wasn't there a recent skating game where you would draw rails as you rode them ? (edit, yes there was)

Also, while it's not necessarily the kinda game you're looking for, it reminded me of this.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@bisonhero said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Loading Video...

Oh man, totally rad. I guess I forgot that (young) Iceman is a surprisingly central character in X-Men 2 and 3, so it only makes sense that they made him one of the main characters in the game spin-off. If I had made this thread answerable, this would be the answer.

The Iceman vs. Pyro fight in X-Men 3 was short but still one of my favourites.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#25  Edited By JJWeatherman

Didn't Champions Online have something like that? or was that more of a Silver Surfer-ish thing?

City of Heroes I'm fairly sure had this as a travel power. I wouldn't doubt that Champions had it as well.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flstyle said:

@bisonhero said:

@mideonnviscera said:

Loading Video...

Yep, that's the game all right.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

City of Heroes I'm fairly sure had this as a travel power. I wouldn't doubt that Champions had it as well.

That sounds enough to make a concept page, to me.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By JJWeatherman

@snail said:
@jjweatherman said:

@zeforgotten said:

I may have been wrong about City of Heroes, as I can't find anything about it online, but ice travel in Champions confirmed!

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:
@jjweatherman said:

@zeforgotten said:

I may have been wrong about City of Heroes, as I can't find anything about it online, but ice travel in Champions confirmed!

I totally used ice slide for my ice-based pre-release beta character in Champions, but when I went to pick it for my free to play character when F2P CO launched I found that the ice slide was locked behind a pay-wall which made me sad.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I'm more curious as to how the Wonder Twins de-activate their powers.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@flstyle said:

@jjweatherman said:

@snail said:
@jjweatherman said:

@zeforgotten said:

I totally used ice slide for my ice-based pre-release beta character in Champions, but when I went to pick it for my free to play character when F2P CO launched I found that the ice slide was locked behind a pay-wall which made me sad.

A ha! I wasn't crazy!
Well ok, at least that power is there!