ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Brad is controlling a quick look? 
I'm not having a go, I absolutely LOOOVE GB, I've been a member of th site almost since its inception.  I'm just saying the amount of times Brad dies or just generally doesnt play the game very well is beyond a joke. 
I love Brad and the rest of th crew, but I just think if he isnt very good at the game, let someone else do it, that way we see what the different members' takes on the game are.  
So far the only QL that lived up to the ideal that he is a 'professional' game player was Arkham Asylum, whereas in nearly every other QL he has made ridiculously childish mistakes over and over again.  

I really dont mean this to be mean spirited, I just mean these things as facts, ie Brad is not very good at diving into games, he needs time to get used 2 gameplay mechanics and control schemes.

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Drebin_893

No, I do not groan. 
Also, why make such a generic title.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I just thought it would make people wanna have a look in!

Zicdab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Zicdab
@ShalashaskaUK666: You don't have to be a "professional game player" to review games.  It's nice to see Brad die and struggle because it's what makes Brad "Brad" and hearing him groan and panic is entertaining.  
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Umm and what the hell are childish mistakes when it comes to gaming?

I think this thread is more likely a childish mistake really....

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Haha calm down fellow GBers!! You seriously like to see the games being played badly? Watching the new Uncharted PS3 GOTY video Brad even says 'why am I always the one playing?' 
But yeh I guess I would call childish mistakes things like diving off buildings, not taking cover, I mean anything really if you watch any of the QL's when he dies, its rarely EVER the fault of the game, its just him messing up. 
But yeh man I just tire of his constant 'messing up' of games, it seems Ryan does aswell, as he comments on it many times.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MeierTheRed
@ShalashaskaUK666 said:
" I just thought it would make people wanna have a look in! "
I did, but no i don't groan.
gill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gill

He's not a "professional" game player.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
@Gill said:
" He's not a "professional" game player. "
I did put it in parenthesis dudes, as in 'professional' game player, surely you guys all knew what I meant
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@ShalashaskaUK666 said:
" Haha calm down fellow GBers!! You seriously like to see the games being played badly? Watching the new Uncharted PS3 GOTY video Brad even says 'why am I always the one playing?' But yeh I guess I would call childish mistakes things like diving off buildings, not taking cover, I mean anything really if you watch any of the QL's when he dies, its rarely EVER the fault of the game, its just him messing up. But yeh man I just tire of his constant 'messing up' of games, it seems Ryan does aswell, as he comments on it many times. "
Well OK....Ummm....I guess this is worth talking about then...

SO Mr UK666, how do you feel about this?  Has it led to any thoughts of self harm?  Are your pets and family safe?  Are you taking any medication? 
Jaxboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jaxboy

Anyone else groan when... they opened up this thread and realized what it was about?

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
@SeriouslyNow said:
" @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
" Haha calm down fellow GBers!! You seriously like to see the games being played badly? Watching the new Uncharted PS3 GOTY video Brad even says 'why am I always the one playing?' But yeh I guess I would call childish mistakes things like diving off buildings, not taking cover, I mean anything really if you watch any of the QL's when he dies, its rarely EVER the fault of the game, its just him messing up. But yeh man I just tire of his constant 'messing up' of games, it seems Ryan does aswell, as he comments on it many times. "

SO Mr UK666, how do you feel about this?  Has it led to any thoughts of self harm?  Are your pets and family safe?  Are you taking any medication?  "
Na no self harm man, s'all good!! And I've TOLD you how I feel about this, just read my posts!! If noone else feels any negativity whatsoever towards the continual suckiness of Mr Shoemakers gameplaying, then let this thread die and that will be the end of it. All I wanted 2 do was to get a general consensus on the fact that he is always driving the games and making them suck, which MIGHT make other members of the team have a go every now an then, but forget it!! Ya big bunch o GB fanboys! :p
Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Venatio

The only time it has bothered me was in that Uncharted 2 GOTY QL when he was constantly dieing because he made mistakes all the time 

It hasn't bothered me otherwise 

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

SO Mr UK666, how do you feel about this?  Has it led to any thoughts of self harm?  Are your pets and family safe?  Are you taking any medication?  "
Na no self harm man, s'all good!! And I've TOLD you how I feel about this, just read my posts!! If noone else feels any negativity whatsoever towards the continual suckiness of Mr Shoemakers gameplaying, then let this thread die and that will be the end of it. All I wanted 2 do was to get a general consensus on the fact that he is always driving the games and making them suck, which MIGHT make other members of the team have a go every now an then, but forget it!! Ya big bunch o GB fanboys! :p "
I'm not so sure it's that simple.  I think you are trying to avoid your real feelings here.  Have you any other thoughts about Brad?  Is there a reason why you refer to him as MR Shoemaker?  Do Shoes give rise to any specific feelings you may have, say sexually?  IF said the word "pumps", what is the first thing that comes into your head?
ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
@SeriouslyNow said:

" @SeriouslyNow said:

Na no self harm man, s'all good!! And I've TOLD you how I feel about this, just read my posts!! If noone else feels any negativity whatsoever towards the continual suckiness of Mr Shoemakers gameplaying, then let this thread die and that will be the end of it. All I wanted 2 do was to get a general consensus on the fact that he is always driving the games and making them suck, which MIGHT make other members of the team have a go every now an then, but forget it!! Ya big bunch o GB fanboys! :p "
I'm not so sure it's that simple.  I think you are trying to avoid your real feelings here.  Have you any other thoughts about Brad?  Is there a reason why you refer to him as MR Shoemaker?  Do Shoes give rise to any specific feelings you may have, say sexually?  IF said the word "pumps", what is the first thing that comes into your head? "
HOOLY CRAP y'no now that mention it, the word 'pumps' connotates a VERY bad time, altho, is there a reason YOU jump straight to sexual implications when discussing footwear?? Did you have a bad runin at foot locker? Was your foot trapped.......IN A LOCKER?!?! Were you then molested by a sales assistant INSISTING on 'finding out your size'? I wonder.... :D
MrSpaceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrSpaceMan

Doesn't really matter...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By JJOR64

Nope.

cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By cstrang

I usually enjoy watching Brad pull Brads.

@Venatio said:

" The only time it has bothered me was in that Uncharted 2 GOTY QL when he was constantly dieing because he made mistakes all the time  It hasn't bothered me otherwise  "

I agree with this, but I got an extra kick out of it because I knew every time Brad died, he owed Dave a beer.
Ignor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ignor

Death is an integral part of most video games and should be showcased along with other important gameplay mechanics.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I cheer. Brad quick looks are fantastic.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By Evilsbane

Brad is fun to watch because every time he dies I know someone else watching the quicklook is just freaking the hell out because they can't handle the fact that Brad doesn't know what he is doing in that game, plus it is just hilarious Quick Looks are fun I would never wanna see them turned into the garbage that is passed as a "Quicklook" on the "other" sites, because its not just watching someone play a game the GB crew is a hilarious group of guys and no amount of shiny flash animation before starting your wannabe Quicklook can change that. So no I don't groan I laugh my ass off.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Snipzor

On the contrary, I love Brad's quick looks.

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23  Edited By Cerza
@Jaxboy said:
" Anyone else groan when... they opened up this thread and realized what it was about? "
Yes. I sure did. 

BTW I really like Brad's QL's.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ShalashaskaUK666 said:
" I just thought it would make people wanna have a look in! "
A QUICK look in? *ba dum tish* Yes, bad joke. On subject, it doesn't bother me because I don't usually have the time (or the will (usually a game I'm interested in, don't want that spoiled)) to watch a Quick Look.
StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By StaticFalconar

Hey man, we all can't be "Pro" gamers like you. If that was the first time I played those games I'm pretty sure I would make similar mistakes as well. 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By ajamafalous

To be honest, I do get annoyed sometimes when I'm watching him play and he's making mistakes. Uncharted 2 GOTY QL, for example.

I still love him though.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Jaxboy said:
" Anyone else groan when... they opened up this thread and realized what it was about? "
Same.  Brad hardly even dies more than normal, get over yourself people.
chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#28  Edited By chstupid

I don't because I suck at most games and he just shows me what to expect.
slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By slax

I imagine that trying to make valid comments and talk productively while playing a video game would be pretty hard. So it usually doesn't bother me that much.

Jeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jeffrey
@Jaxboy said:
Indeed....
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#31  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't think Brad plays that badly considering he's playing a game and explaining it at the same time. All that's really required of a games journalist as far as playing skill goes is that their playing isn't so bad that it gets in the way of actually giving us a proper look at the game and with Brad it doesn't. He can play at least well enough to give us a good idea of what the game is like and as a superb journalist is great at analysing and giving a well-founded and informed opinion on the game he is looking at. So no, I don't groan when Brad is controlling a quick look.

Brandinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Brandinator

I have no problems with it. The point of the quick look is just to get a good look at the game from the perspective of someone just loading it up, as opposed to a trailer or something like this. Whether or not he dies is pretty much inconsequential; besides, someone somewhere is probably going to die just as often. You still get a good look at the game in action, and I doubt anyone is expecting TOURNAMENT LEVEL PLAY from quick looks. That said, I find it incredibly hilarious and entertaining to watch these guys just play, regardless of skill level.

Cornman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Cornman89

Not really. Probably just performance anxiety. I'd probably fumble around a bit too.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By InfiniteGeass

I actually am glad. You could probably make a drinking game out of it. Every time he dies, take a shot.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By demigonis
@Jaxboy said:
Me!
sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#36  Edited By sjschmidt93
No.

@Jeffrey
said:
" @Jaxboy said:
Indeed.... "

Yes.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Jimbo

No, I die just as often - why expect Brad to be any different?  Jeff's the only one that makes talking and playing look easy, I ain't seen nothing like him in any amusement hall.

misterpope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By misterpope
@Jeffrey said:
" @Jaxboy said:
Indeed.... "

Yes. I also punched the computer.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CL60

Brads QLs make for a good laugh.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By mracoon

There usually the funniest so I'm not going to complain.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

i never really noticed this actually, but i dont see why you would need to be really good at a game to do a quick look on it

Spiral_Stars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By Spiral_Stars

It's hard to be good at any game when you only play it for like a day. And have to describe it while playing it.

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Zajtalan

as long as they dont do tutorials im fine

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#44  Edited By Yummylee

Leave Bradley alone!
Leave Bradley alone!
OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Games are serious business guiz.

Wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Wright

meh, I find brad's are usually the least interesting, though it doesn't horribly upset me.

crystalskull2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By crystalskull2
@chstupid said:
" I don't because I suck at most games and he just shows me what to expect. "
Avatar image for thehideousshrew
thehideousshrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By thehideousshrew

I haven't noticed anything epecially flawed about Brads playing style, I find him witty and I respect his opinion on games and That's all that matters to me.

Avatar image for aperturesilence
ApertureSilence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ApertureSilence

Brad's Quick Looks are my very favorites.

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By i69edUrGpa
@ShalashaskaUK666: I better see some pretty amazing tits in this thread within the next 5 minutes...if not...you should probably just get the fuck out...