Apparently the GOTY discussions were a bloodbath.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By AssInAss

Games I'm perfectly fine with being GOTY:

Walking Dead

Mark of the Ninja

Journey

Dishonored

Far Cry 3

I wish they all had played Spec Ops The Line to the finish.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By colourful_hippie

Ugh, the wait is going to kill me now especially now that I know Alex made it for the deliberations. These kinds of years where there are not any "juggernaut" kind of games that you can expect to dominate a GoTY discussion tend to be the best because other "smaller" games get a chance in the spotlight.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I hope it was a bloodbath over something that mattered.

Like, not Mass Effect DLC.

prestonhedges

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By prestonhedges

@Peanut said:

SR3 made you play hours of their shitty side missions to advance the story. As much as I loved the game, I can't forgive them for the awful pacing. I'll also firmly stand by the opinion that the most entertaining parts of that game aren't the parts where you're playing it.

Nah. It was a fun open-world game, and the "shitty side-missions" come up maybe three times in the whole main story? You might be thinking of Saints Row 2, which definitely required playing the side missions.

deathbyyeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By deathbyyeti

This year was really underwhelming so I expect them to argue about another AAA name rather than product/experience

The final day GOTY podcast has never been for me though anyway

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#56  Edited By musubi

@believer258: I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree cause it stayed fun for me the entire way through. Its one of the very few open world games I've 100% I even did every single one of those stupid ass challenges. I just didn't feel the compulsion to play Skyrim like I did Saints Row. I'll give you that I think it was dumb that they passed off some of the activities as "missions" but other than that game was a blast for me especially with a friend in co-op where the stupid was amplified with all the dumb stuff you could do with another human player in the mix.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Hunkulese
@AssInAss

Games I'm perfectly fine with being GOTY:

Walking Dead

Mark of the Ninja

Journey

Dishonored

Far Cry 3

I wish they all had played Spec Ops The Line to the finish.

What difference would it have made if they'd all played Spec Ops? Everything about that game was average.
cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cthomer5000

@Alex said:

Don't want to oversell it. I wouldn't say that it was necessarily any harsher than last year's. Comment was more that a lot of games a lot of people really loved had to get axed, myself included.

Well, in general i think we all have such a love/hate relationship with it. It seems necessary, yet is painful to hear you guys fucking RIPPING some of the best games of the year, exposing their tiniest flaws, because something has to be better than something else. I feel like i need a shower after listening to it, i can't imagine what the participants feel like.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#59  Edited By pyromagnestir

@Animasta said:

@Demoskinos said:

Alex just posted this on twitter keep in mind this is snarky ass Alex were talking about.

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/279793258400477186

Got to sit in on discussions for the last couple of award categories, including GOTY. Shit got CUTTHROAT.

I am unreasonably excited to listen to a bunch of dudes decide on their favorite game of the year

I am reasonably excited that Alex was one of them! Yay!

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BlatantNinja23

@believer258 said:

@BlatantNinja23: So support that argument?

Don't quote me just to say "NO SR3 IS WAY BETTER!" without having a little something to back that up. I mean, it really all boils down to opinion since there's nothing fundamentally wrong with either game (meaning neither is an unplayable mess of baffling decisions), but you've got to have some idea of why you think SR3 is better than Skyrim.

I enjoyed it more... It's kinda that simple. I wasn't interested in any of the skyrims quests, and it didn't take long for me to get sick of walking/traveling. Morrowind remains to be the only Elder Scrolls game I actually really like. Saints Row was the first sandbox game I've beat in years, normally it take 2 hours into a GTA for me to lose interest. It's easily the most I've enjoyed any game in a long time.

and I know it all boils down to opinion, hence the reason I said

but that's besides the point, it's all personal opinion.
cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cthomer5000

@CornBREDX said:

I'm going to go ahead and predict Jeff and Brad are going to go at it again and Vinny will have concise arguments and Ryan will just vote (cus he's chill like that) =P

I just can't see what Brad or Jeff would be backing that would end up in Jeff vs Brad. Either they will be backing something with no support (ME3? Syndicate? Forza?), or it's going to be Jeff vs. The World. TWD has seems to have been a big, big hit with everyone except Jeff even though they all admit its faults (and glitches).

Still, it has tended to end up like that the last few years. It's also why i would love to see the guys revamp the way they actually record this stuff. Some years it literally seems like it's come down to who is willing to argue longer.

In the end it doesn't matter to me much and it's really about the journey. I know their opinions, i know which guys i line up with well personally.... yet im still captivated by this shit.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By InternetDotCom

@Demoskinos said:

@believer258: The whole point of Saints Row is just to be one big dumb joke that focuses on just being dumb fun because FUCK I'M A VIDEO GAME. Man, I had the complete opposite reaction hearing "I need a hero" playing while rescuing the girls at the end was fucking hysterical. So many other fantastic moments and Co-op was a hoot too. Skyrim had its moment with me but I already did most of what Skyrim did for fucking hours before in Morrowind and Oblivion. I've not played any games that have just so unflinchingly embraced being a video game as Saints Row 3 did. It was just FUN for the sake of being fun. That in itself was refreshing amongst so many games wanting to be cinema action flicks. But I digress possibly that isn't what does it for you but I'm just over the trend of needing all games to be "immersive" or great storytellers. I just want fun-ass fun games.

This was my experience with Saints Row. Which I actually like as the best story last year. It held my attention much more than Skyrim. I never even finished Skyrim. I beat Saints Row in one sitting. Then beat again that week.

There were many emotions when I Need a Hero was playing in the last moments of that game going for me.

On the other hand if you liked Skyrim more? Cool, I can totally see that.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By cthomer5000

@believer258 said:

@Animasta said:

@believer258 said:

I actually didn't finish listening to last year's GOTY podcasts until mid-November. I remember Brad and Jeff spending about two hours debating over whether or not Skyrim or Saints Row the Third should be on top.

Skyrim eventually won because Ryan, who was waiting the whole conversation out, finally cast his vote for Skyrim. And rightly so. I would have been pissed if I had listened to that whole thing just for something as average as SR3 to win.

So, yeah, cheers to Team Brad.

that shit was the fucking worst.

and not because saints row was better than skyrim or vice versa (I think the first one but whatever)

he said Skyrim without playing it, his argument being "well saints row had problems like there wasn't enough of it"

it was annoying :(

@cthomer5000: I was under the impression that they had all played a good bit of Skyrim. And, cthomer5000, Skyrim is a game that you don't really need to "finish" to get a good opinion of.

@Demoskinos: @MariachiMacabre:

I kind of knew this was coming. To put it bluntly, I feel that Skyrim is much better at drawing you into a well-realized world. I feel like every nook and cranny in that game is more interesting and thoughtful than even the best things in SR3. I'd say that all of the interlocking systems, most importantly the better persistence in the world and the better AI patterns and that sort of thing, across this massive world are really impressive when you think about them. I would say that writing and story in Skyrim is much improved over that of Oblivion, and while the guilds (Companions, Dark Brotherhood, etc.) are not as interesting as they were in Oblivion, it's made up for by the better main story quest and just a wide variety of mostly interesting quests here and there, everything from a ghost-girl whose father was being led by vampires to things as silly as Sheogorath's Daedric quest. This is all included in a game whose biggest flaws are the bugs inherent in its own ambition.

Saints Row the Third, meanwhile, has less bugs (nothing flys like it shouldn't), but it has a very disconnected story that's pretty hard to care about. It has a mostly flat world that's no more sophisticated than that of its predecessors, or even games that came out in the PS2 era. It has no sense of proper pacing, meaning that the game feels like it peaks in the first thirty minutes and then never, ever reaches those same highs. Its humor is often forced, juvenile, and stupid in a way that I can't get behind (zombies? Are you fucking kidding me?) It is, indeed, a fun game at first, and that carries it for a little while, but by the fifteen hour mark, where I first beat the game, I just plain didn't want to play it anymore. I beat it because I didn't want leave a game that close to its finale, but I can tell you that the last few hours of that game were neither fun nor well-spent. The game is not bad, not at all, and I have it on Steam from the THQ Humble Bundle. And it's installed. And I've played it again some more, and its first few hours are fairly decent. It just never, ever builds to much of anything that I can honestly recommend past the part where you jump out of a plane with Kanye West's "Power" playing.

I would entertain Skyrim as best game of all-time, to be clear on my personal stance. I'm just saying as a follower of the site i was expecting an uphill battle for Skyrim, and Ryan's out-of-nowhere about-face was straight up WWE level stunning. You could hear it in Jeff's voice.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By Rafaelfc

I loved the shit out of saints row the third, but DUUUUUUDE! SKYRIM IS FUCKING AWESOME! Just a categorically better game, top to bottom.

Skyrim captured the zeitgeist in a way very few games managed to in the recent years, so it got a heavy dose of the good 'ole Internet Backlash®.

Saints Row The Third was a FANTASTIC game in a dwindling B-level series, so it got a ton of praise simply because it was just so goddamn surprising (almost a miracle, really) that it turned out as great as it did.

It was easy to point out the few shortcomings Skyrim had in favor of a game that had no goddamn right to be as much fun as it was. It got cool to hate on Skyrim, as it was cool to hate on Oblivion before it (before the release of Skyrim all I heard was whiners saying that Oblivion was overly repetitive, not enough different content , no dragons, wah wah wah) and now I think people will knock Skyrim until the next big bethesda RPG and the cycle will begin anew.

Remember people, even Dave stepped down from his all-programming computer to go on record and say they made the right call on the 2011 Game of the Year discussions.

Here's hoping to an even more insane and entertaining discussion for the Game of the Year of 2012 (hopefully we live long enough to listen to the podcasts... oh nooooo)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#65  Edited By cornbredx
@cthomer5000: They just seem to always argue about something at some point every year haha 
That's all I was getting at. 

Agreed, though. Better than syndicated television.
cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cthomer5000

@BlatantNinja23 said:

but that's besides the point, it's all personal opinion. The issue is that brad did a terrible job trying to fight for that game. Patrick won that fight for him.

I thought Jeff also did a very poor job arguing against it. His "every cave has an Ice Wizard" thing was totally wrong. And he practically accused Brad of lying about that. Jeff might have had some weird playthrough, but what he was describing was absolutely not my experience when playing that game. That argument made everyone look bad in my opinon. I think that might be the nature of the GOTY discussion though. At some point it becomes about tearing down another game instead of pumping one up.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#67  Edited By golguin

@Phatmac said:

SPOILERS

XCOM GOTY

That is crazy talk. I went into XCOM fully prepared for whatever the game was going to be after people assured me that it wasn't like FFT, Disgaea, or Devil Survivor which are games that I really enjoyed. They were right. It wasn't anything like those games because I actually had a good time with them. XCOM started strong and just fell flat on its face when the strategy I used in the beginning of the game carried me all the way to the ending and I did it at half the average party strength of the average player as shown in the ending statistics.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By OneManX

Interested to see how the big name titles will do, I loved Max Payne 3, and I think Borderlands 2 is amazing. But with everyone going, "ho-hum" over everything else, but goo-goo-gaga over the downloadable titles. It's gonna be interesting. Also, I am not dissing the XBLA/PSN/Steam games I think it's been a great year for that.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By cthomer5000

I'm enjoying XCOM a lot, but if it wins GOTY for this site i feel like it will just be the only thing they could agree on.

Easier than any past year to see a GOTY for the site that isn't a #1 on any personal list.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By musubi

@cthomer5000 said:

@BlatantNinja23 said:

but that's besides the point, it's all personal opinion. The issue is that brad did a terrible job trying to fight for that game. Patrick won that fight for him.

I thought Jeff also did a very poor job arguing against it. His "every cave has an Ice Wizard" thing was totally wrong. And he practically accused Brad of lying about that. Jeff might have had some weird playthrough, but what he was describing was absolutely not my experience when playing that game. That argument made everyone look bad in my opinon. I think that might be the nature of the GOTY discussion though. At some point it becomes about tearing down another game instead of pumping one up.

I dunno man I quickly started ignoring random caves and shit on my map and just would go straight where I needed to go instead. Every cave looked the same just with rearranged geometry. I was with Jeff on that one at some point I just didn't give any shits about exploring anymore in Skyrim. Then again I possibly was just done with this type of game before I ever started Skyrim. I had played so much Oblivon and Morrowind before Skyrim that while most of the systems surrounding the game are better the basic flow and feel of the game hasn't really changed. And at least Morrowind's world was interesting. Skyrim traded so heavily on established fantasy tropes that it just seemed to play it safe in many cases.

The world of Morrowind was alien and strange looking in Skyrim I'm fighting wolves in forests. I would have liked to seen them take more chances with a lot of the art direction in the game.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#71  Edited By vaiz

If someone doesn't at least half heartedly lobby for the Far Cry 3 dark horse, I'm gonna be really sad. Yes, the story is a little bummer, but the part where it is a game is fucking fantastic. Enough that I believe it outshines the lack luster story.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By McGhee

@rjayb89 said:

I'm certain Brad got his way in these discussions.

Probably. His whole filibustering, whining, dumb persistence seems to just wear everyone out; so they just give it to him to shut him up.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#73  Edited By Animasta

@McGhee said:

@rjayb89 said:

Probably. His whole filibustering, whining, dumb persistence seems to just wear everyone out; so they just give it to him to shut him up.

he lost on the red dead thing

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By roboculus92

@Animasta said:

@McGhee said:

@rjayb89 said:

And Mgs4.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#75  Edited By fistfulofmetal

I best not hear one mention of ME3 in the top three. that would be turrible.

TinyGallon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TinyGallon

Already preparing myself for a disappointing lack of Spelunky, Hotline Miami and Super Hexagon. 3 of the absolute funnest games ever

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By musubi

@Roboculus92 said:

@Animasta said:

@McGhee said:

@rjayb89 said:

And Mgs4.

Really one of his only big wins was for Bioshock 2's Minverva's Den for the DLC category.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ares42

@McGhee said:

@rjayb89 said:

I'm not really sure Brad is really set on one specific game this year though. I can think of several games he really enjoyed this year, and while he seemed to enjoy TWD more than X-Com (if he even played it?) I'm just not seeing him being the one that's gonna sit there and champion it.

Tbh, this year I'm more interested in seeing the personal lists rather than the site list, as they all seem very split on what games they enjoyed this year and it will just be a compromise. The only reason it's gonna be between X-Com and TWD (with a possible Far Cry 3 mention) is because they are the only games they can really share ground on. I'd be surprised if either of the games wins a majority of personal GOTYs.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#79  Edited By Phatmac
@golguin Mark of the ninja is my GOTY. I just think that they'll all agree to pick XCOM.
fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By fistfulofmetal

@TinyGallon said:

Already preparing myself for a disappointing lack of Spelunky, Hotline Miami and Super Hexagon. 3 of the absolute funnest games ever

I was having a lot of fun with Hotline Miami up until a level near the end where: I had to fight through a police station.

I found that level to be a complete brick wall and didn't find it fun at all. That + a few technical issues I was experiencing pretty much removed all intent of finishing it. Shame because it was in my running up to that point.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By McGhee

@Demoskinos said:

@Roboculus92 said:

@Animasta said:

@McGhee said:

@rjayb89 said:

And Mgs4.

Really one of his only big wins was for Bioshock 2's Minverva's Den for the DLC category.

Amazing how being that annoying can stick in one's mind. His constant hatred and disgust at every mention of Deadly Premonition was also quite tiring.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Kerned

I've prepared myself for Jeff to stonewall against The Walking Dead, which will make me sad. I think they'll end up settling on XCOM, which I would be totally OK with. Both are great games, but Walking Dead is more deserving of the nod.

But who knows? It's always interesting to listen to the process.

fistfulofmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By fistfulofmetal

@Kerned said:

I've prepared myself for Jeff to stonewall against The Walking Dead, which will make me sad. I think they'll end up settling on XCOM, which I would be totally OK with. Both are great games, but Walking Dead is more deserving of the nod.

But who knows? It's always interesting to listen to the process.

If TWD ends up not getting GOTY I would hope it would be because of it's technical issues. IG: Save bug.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Kerned

@Fistfulofmetal: I would expect Jeff to question just how much "game" is in that game. It's not an argument without merit, but I don't think that's what makes that game important. Again though, who knows? I can't pretend to know what any of those dudes had to say in that conversation.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Barrabas

@Kerned: I don't think Jeff has actually played The Walking Dead, and if he did very little of it. I don't think he'll stonewall a game he hasn't really played as long as the others can give a good explanation of why it deserves to be game of the year. Also don't discount Journey. I haven't played it, but that game gets a lot of love from the guys along with XCOM and The Walking Dead.

ExplodeMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By ExplodeMode

@Kerned said:

@Fistfulofmetal: I would expect Jeff to question just how much "game" is in that game. It's not an argument without merit, but I don't think that's what makes that game important. Again though, who knows? I can't pretend to know what any of those dudes had to say in that conversation.

He might make a few jokes, but I don't think he's going to do what you think. Someone asked him a question like that on his tumblr, it was...

here.

He might dislike it, but he won't say it isn't a game. Unless he completely flipped on that in like a week.

Kerned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Kerned

@ExplodeMode: Interesting and encouraging.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By cthomer5000

@OneManX said:

Interested to see how the big name titles will do, I loved Max Payne 3, and I think Borderlands 2 is amazing. But with everyone going, "ho-hum" over everything else, but goo-goo-gaga over the downloadable titles. It's gonna be interesting. Also, I am not dissing the XBLA/PSN/Steam games I think it's been a great year for that.

I'm with you. For me personally i will have as many as 8 downloadables in my top 10. But i does become really weird to try to compare a 2 hour downloadable game to a 25 hour AAA release.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By cthomer5000

@ExplodeMode said:

@Kerned said:

He might make a few jokes, but I don't think he's going to do what you think. Someone asked him a question like that on his tumblr, it was...

here.

He might dislike it, but he won't say it isn't a game. Unless he completely flipped on that in like a week.

Well, he did say "barely a game" if even a joking fashion, on the 12/11 podcast. So it's possible he did flip in a few days play. Jeff seems to be a natural contrarian as well, so i can see the Spike GOTY award triggering his mule-kick response.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#90  Edited By Hailinel

@believer258 said:

I actually didn't finish listening to last year's GOTY podcasts until mid-November. I remember Brad and Jeff spending about two hours debating over whether or not Skyrim or Saints Row the Third should be on top.

Skyrim eventually won because Ryan, who was waiting the whole conversation out, finally cast his vote for Skyrim. And rightly so. I would have been pissed if I had listened to that whole thing just for something as average as SR3 to win.

Oh, the gloves are coming off now, sir!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By pyrodactyl

hey guys, you seem to forget a little game called journey that will sit pretty high on everyone's top ten. It will be a strong contender for GoTY for Brad and Patrick. Jeff has the game in high regard (see the little anecdot from the bombcast around the time the game came out.) Vinny, Ryan and Alex also loved it. I personnaly don't want to see it in the top spot since it would only confirm my fear that the bombsquad are slowly turning into old ass dudes but it's still a very strong candidate. So the fight for the top will be Journey vs xcom vs Farcry 3 (maybe). From what I've gathered, Jeff will eliminate TWD from the GoTY discussion. It might end up in second place but first place is impossible. If you want further proof go check out the year they had red dead in the GoTY discussions. Same situation this year.

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Zekhariah

I am mostly curious about the discussion portion on TWD. Especially in trying to figure out if it is potentially worth adding the steam backlog. If the mechanics in it hold up for Jeff in the package (since he seems to appreciate good mechanics more than a lot of reviewers) than it might be worth going for. Otherwise, I would be inclined toward the not a game side.

Last year Saint's Row the Third was the one that only really got a chance to me because of the GOTY podcast discussion.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#93  Edited By Milkman

@Alex said:

Don't want to oversell it. I wouldn't say that it was necessarily any harsher than last year's. Comment was more that a lot of games a lot of people really loved had to get axed, myself included.

Too late. If the GOTY podcasts don't end in a vicious, drug-addled on-air stabbing, I want a refund.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#94  Edited By Justin258
@Hailinel

@believer258 said:

Oh, the gloves are coming off now, sir!

Already said all I need to on this subject in other posts on this thread.
granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#95  Edited By granderojo

Hearing how Patrick is dead it makes me think The Walking Dead didn't make it.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#96  Edited By TheHT

@Milkman said:

@Alex said:

Too late. If the GOTY podcasts don't end in a vicious, drug-addled on-air stabbing, I want a refund.

I second this sentiment. And it ain't easy to refund free.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#97  Edited By project343

Best Christmas gift I'm getting this year: Giantbomb's GOTY debate.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I'm giddy with excitement about the GOTY podcasts, unfortunately the schedule says the first podcast will be on Christmas day unless that's separate.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By captain_clayman

Guess I should probably play walking dead now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By musubi

@captain_clayman: Well apparently the first episode is going to be free on XBL after christmas until the end of the month.