• 120 results
zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By zeushbien

Unless Microsoft start backing some more interesting exclusives and not just new installments of the same 3 or 4 franchises like they have been doing the past few years, I really don't see why I should buy the next xbox over the next playstation.

Am I alone in this? Do you guys think It's fine if they continue like this next gen, or is the alure of xbox live and achievements enough to make you buy their next console?

Personally, I'm starting to think it's a little depressing how little a fuck Microsoft can give about supporting their platform with new and interesting games, and yet still be on top of the sales charts.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

If there are good games, then probably.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By nightriff

Nope, too many problems with the 360 for me so I turned to Playstation and we shall see if they even survive to the PS4. WiiU might be the next "Gen" console for me....God I hope not.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I don't know what it actually will be, so my answer is "I don't know". 

I will say that if this generation's trend goes into the next with the 360, then I probably won't for a while. I have a better experience with the PS3 because of free online multiplayer, a better bang for my buck when it comes to actually paying for online via PSN+ and much better exclusives.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheHumanDove

As one who has bought xbox and xbox 360 on launch, as well as subscribed to xbox live throughout those years, I'm pretty uncertain.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Yep. I'll buy all 3. I'm too much of a nerd not to. Plus then I wont have moment of "that game looks insane. If only I had a _____"

killacam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By killacam

definitely not. not impressed with the direction they've been taking. sony's been pumping out all the must-have exclusives for me, and seem much more focused on games, not pandering to the braindead masses and spreading themselves super thin like microsoft.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By huntad

It's impossible to know right now. I like the 360, so it's possible. There just aren't a ton of Sony exclusives that I want to play on a daily basis. This generation is about third party, multiplatform games, and the 360 is always the primary platform. As far as exclusives go, I commend Sony for putting so much behind games, but it kind of seems like that's out of necessity.

I like Metal Gear, and Uncharted...and Infamous is okay, but that's about it.

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

If I didn't have to buy all 3 for work, the PS4 is the only one you'd see me buying around its launch, but that's definitely subject to change if any awesome games get announced for the next xbox

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

not a chance

theslothking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theslothking

If it doesn't have a problem like the red ring, then maybe.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If there are good games for it I will eventually. Edit: My priority is definitely PS4 though for a next gen console.

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By web966

Yeah I'll get all 3

TBird13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TBird13

Probably. But that doesn't mean right away.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By NMC2008

Probably, I will more than likely buy all three new consoles, probably at launch as I love launch hype.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Azteck

I have a PC now. There is no need for me to ever own a console again.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nintendoeats

Eventually. How soon? I dunno, depends on many things.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cloudenvy

I'll probably get all the new consoles at one point.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By musubi

That kinda depends on what the new Xbox is. I'm sure I will though as there are games on console that you can't get on PC and I still spend more time on consoles than PC even though i do have a decent gaming worthy PC.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By tourgen

I'm going to get a WiiU and play all of the Nintendo games I've missed out on since the SNES. That and some PC gaming will set me up for at least a year. I'll wait 3-6 months after the PS4 and xbox are launched and see if either of them is worth messing with. It's going to depend heavily on how crappy the in-system ads are, the exclusives, and the actual potential of the hardware. I can tell you this right now though, a locked-down cable+ set top box is not going to cut it.

Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By Alphazero

Heck yeah I will.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spoonman671

Doubtful.  I don't care much for Microsoft, and their exclusives don't get me that excited.  Of course, that could all change next cycle.

On the other hand, I firmly believe that Sony is one of the best publishers out there, and I don't think I'll feel the need to buy more than one console.

udabenshen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By udabenshen

As one of the many annoying PC gamers who won't shut up about plugging their PC into their TV, it really depends on what Steam's interface looks like in a few years, most notably the state of the fabled "ten foot interface." At this point, I use my PC for the majority of my gaming with my Wii and even Xbox 360 gaining dust. The quality of the experience with Steam has radically changed my relationship with consoles and I am highly considering just playing games on my pc for at least the first few years of the next generation. I bought a 360 because it was the best system for 3rd party games, but as controller support and higher quality ports becomes pervasive among PC games, console 3rd party games (xbox's bread and butter) just don't apply to me.

Hope i don't sound too much like a PC Master Race guy.

Hyperglide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hyperglide

Probably but I want to know more about it before I commit to it right away. Like what kind of controller it will have, will it have good new franchises and IP's, what will the online be like? Spec's on the hardware.

To much uncertainty to tell at this point.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By krazy_kyle

I'm not going to buy it until I hear the specs for the next Playstation. I will buy whichever has the most hardware potential, unless there are any major crippling flaws with one or either console.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By zombie2011

Yes, it will be the only console i'll buy.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DukesT3

If I can't get it reserved on like Amazon or something then I won't get it day one and just wait until I can walk into a store and pick it up. Not going to camp out for one but yeah if I can I probably will.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By WightnNerdy

Yes I most definitely will.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29  Edited By Justin258

Not planning on it, no. It will have to have some killer apps that I can't get anywhere else at some point in time, and I mean that in the plural. One game isn't going to sell it to me, and two or three won't either.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deadmanforking

Yes I'll get it. Hell, I'll be getting all 3. Well I might wait a while for the WiiU...

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RedRoach

Why are people asking these dumbf questions. We know literally nothing about the next consoles. I have no fucking idea if I'm going to buy it because I have no idea what the console is going to be. Anyone who has already decided to buy/not buy it based off of nothing is an idiot.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#32  Edited By MEATBALL

I will most likely do so, the same goes for the other next gen systems. I'll probably try and hold off, though, provided I don't get too hyped.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By penguindust

Probably, but it depends on the games. Really, Halo isn't enough to keep me as a continuing customer. Fable is dead, I've never been an Alan Wake or Forza fan, Mass Effect is now multi-platform, so why should I pick up the next Xbox? That's what Microsoft needs to do. Convince me (and consumers like me) that it's worth the investment. Sony has several exclusive franchises I'm attracted to, but Microsoft has let their identity become "a good place for 3rd party games." I have no interest in competitive online so even XBL isn't a draw. Even if I was into multiplayer, I still don't like the idea of paying to play online. I don't mind them charging for all that other crap they have instead of games these days, but simple online play should be free as it is on their competition.

So, I will probably get a new Xbox but I will need to be convinced. Right now all Sony has to do is make a more powerful version of the PS3 and I'll be happy. Microsoft needs to show me some game franchises that I want to play on their system only. Halo isn't enough.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By _Zombie_

If possible, I'm going to a PC and skipping out on consoles altogether.

Stepside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stepside

@Azteck: Eh..some console exclusives that are worth it (and I'm a huge PC-guy).

As for the OP, I'm still unsure - I bought the first Xbox when it came out, and ended up trading it in for a PS2. Stuck with Playstation/PC ever since but I'm not a fanboy. I just can't justify paying for online access, I'm still absolutely baffled that the Xbox has proliferated in North America with that. Blu-Ray, free online...why the hell would you buy an Xbox? That's been my thinking anyway. Although I'm pissed I can't play Fez or Trials, but...meh...

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zekhariah

I'll buy it if there is a stack of games I want to play on it (my preference is to mostly go with PC).

I ended up with an X360 last month, so maybe I'll get a X720 in 2018 or something (I'm not sure I'll work up to a craving for Halo like I did this time around though). Buying MS console hardware on release seems a bit insane to me as a notion anyway - not a fan of RMAing items even if the warranty proccess is solid.

The whole exclusive release thing is noxious and wasteful. The primary content that makes a game unique is the art and gameplay, there is no need for multiple hardware peices unless incompatible input methods (or performance specs) are implemented. Its like having to buy a seperate iPod to work with different music publishers. Which is exactly what happens for most exclusives (why can't uncharted and halo be multiplatform.....).

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#37  Edited By TehFlan

I still don't have the current xbox, so probably not.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By DoctorWelch

Way too early to tell at all. We don't even know the names of the new systems let alone what games, specs, and features are going to go along with them. Chances are I'll get the next Xbox first, but I won't get it until about 2 years after its release...unless of course I need to review games like I currently am.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#39  Edited By mazik765

I'll get one. This might be the first generation where I can actually afford to buy all three consoles myself.

Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Anupsis

I was always an xbox guy up until about a year ago. I always owned all 3 but PSN Plus and the way they handle downloads and just a lot of the basic things switched me over. There customer service is a huge improvement over xbox also. As far as next gen I'm firmly set on PS4 first and an xbox a few years after. No plans for WiiU.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41  Edited By HadesTimes

Probably not at launch, but maybe eventually....

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#42  Edited By Jeust

Maybe some years after the launch. I think I'm going for older games I missed in this and earlier generations when the next xbox hits.

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MegaLombax

The selling point for a console is mainly the games that will run on it. If it has good games, then I probably wont be able to help myself. Plus, I'm working now, so I'll probably end up buying all the new consoles. Again, the games will decide.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By grilledcheez

Probably, but I've been a pc person as of late, not sure what the next gen consoles have in store, but I usually get pretty excited for new systems.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By crusader8463

I buy every console eventually. How long until that happens is another story though. Sooner or later they reach a tipping point where they have enough games I want to play that I can't get anywhere else that I buy it. If they keep doing the road of just being a port box that focuses on shooters and locking content behind the live pay wall then it's going to be a very very long time before I buy a 720.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#46  Edited By buft

I have a green name and i have stuck up for Microsofts direction in the past, Kinect was an ok idea, i bought one hoping the games would come but they didn't and back when i got the Xbox it seemed Microsoft was doing everything it could to get great games on the platform and i don't even mind paying for Xbox live gold even if its not a great value proposition but recently I've changed or Microsoft has, they have moved away from games and decided i need to have the next big thing in home entertainment and maybe im guilty of encouraging that since i used sky player so much when my laptop couldn't cut it.

Just one problem though i want games, good ones and lots of them and at some point this stopped being the priority for microsoft, i could get all the games i wanted on other platforms and without the added cost of paying for online, alot of the time it looks or runs slightly better and i dont want early access to multiplayer maps, thats no good for the community, it doesnt benefit me to have PlayStation owners wait a month, it just gives me less people to talk to about the new content.

im not saying no, im just really hesitant right now.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SexyToad

Probably...

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rafaelfc

maybe.

But i'll wait a little after launch to buy it, if there's anything the current gen has taught me is that more and more stuff gets shipped in a broken state, hopefully that won't be the case

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 years into the cycle if there are any decent exclusives. If not I'll just continue with my PC.

Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ley_Lines

Whatever, I'm just waiting for the new apple console, Pippin 2: Electric Boogaloo.