Are you happy about the announcement from Capcom that another Resident Evil on-rails shooter for the Wii is in the works?

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ThomasP
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ThomasP

I was personally hoping for something along the lines of the Metal Gear Solid Collection. A box set with Resident Evil 1, 2 and 3: Nemesis, all for the price of one game. I also would have been down for a RE: Code Veronica remake. In the end, I would have preferred anything but another on-rails shooter, we'll see though. It could end up being a good game... at worst a good rental.

EDIT: When I made this topic / poll it added a post by me with nothing in it. I tried to delete it, and it's not going away for me. I'm not even sure if you guys can see it. Would this be a bug?

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Damonation

I love on-rail shooters! I'm surprised so many people on this site hate them. And the Wii is perfect for them, it really maintains that arcade feel without having to waste money a GunCon or something that can only be used for one game.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lashe
Damonation said:
"I love on-rail shooters! I'm surprised so many people on this site hate them. And the Wii is perfect for them, it really maintains that arcade feel without having to waste money a GunCon or something that can only be used for one game."

Totally agree there, as much as they are repetitive and not exactly innovating, they're a blast to play with friends -- great to relive the ol' House of the Dead days!
Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Dimsey

I'm all for some rails. And being on them. And shooting.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Why all these different threads, people could say if they like it here even if it's not specifically a question. Oh well:

Al3xand3r said:

"Personally, I'd also prefer a proper RE game, but I still like seeing all these lightgun shooters. The genre was dead, and it will be dead again soon enough, the more we get now to enjoy later until the next genre revival, the better. Virtua Cop was getting stale :P

This sounds promising with all the changes from the original. If only these lightgun game developers decided to include headtracking support..."
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By oldschool

If it is good nothing else matters.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I'm not really a fan of rails shooters, but it suits the wii, so I'm a bit indifferent really.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Mushir

No this is BS.

Galrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Galrick

Well the first one wasn't too bad style and story wise, and rail shooters are always a blast to play with friends. So I guess it's ok. The Wii is, ahhh... it's a party friendly console, so anything with local-in-your-living-room-multiplayer is a fine addition... I guess.

I would have prefered a remake personally. Something with a little more meat around it than just a run-n'-gun.

Avatar image for optimusprime223
optimusprime223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By optimusprime223

a remake would have been better especially since the wii desperatly needs stuff like RE. I have Umbrella chronicles sat at home and I havent played it yet, I might actually break off from streetfighter, play that, then jump into killzone....

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Warfare

I couldn't care less.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

I voted "Yes, I think"

If they can do something different with the genre... I'm in. If it's the same old, same old and then no, but I  dream and think different things will work on the Wii, only if you try them. House of Dead is just the start... Adventure games will return... Make it fun and they will come.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By prinny_god

I just don't like the name the dark side chronicles, what part of RE is the light side chronicles is all pretty dark

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I don't mind being on-rails, but I can't imagine the game being scary at all like that. I don't think it'll feel much like an RE game.