and which has a better FUN FACTOR lol

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By rallier

Both are great but in Morrowind you can steal spoons (and everything really) so my "vote" goes to Morrowind.

They are not all that the same type of games really.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By ahoodedfigure

With these questions it always helps to know a person's taste.: what's fun for me might not be fun for you.  I've played most of Morrowind and a good part of BG2.  BG2 feels like it has more solid, interesting character options.  Morrowind more lets you do what you want, so you're never stuck with a class, and you're pretty much by yourself the whole time, getting work from random factions.  The characters in Morrowind are, for the most part, pretty flat.  You talk to them out of menus of keywords and they repeat themselves a lot.  BG2 has a lot of cool plot and character ideas, by contrast, and has a whole party that you level, equip, and talk to.

Morrowind is free-roaming 3D action RPG, where you can pretty much do what you like (some smart-asses have quick runs where you can basically beat the game in a few minutes if you know exactly what to do).  BG2 is isometric 2D with the chance to pause and tell everyone what to do, and is more stuck in certain places until you unlock other places, talk to people to find ruins somewhere off in the distance.  The loot has a lot more character in BG2, you have more to read but more that's interesting to read, more humor, and it feels more like human beings wrote it rather than feeling iterated in parts by a computer.

That said, I love both games.  I like Morrowind because it lets me do what I want and explore wherever (and it's an improvement in terms of scope vs. playability from Daggerfall), even if the places you explore are sometimes not as varied as you might like, and I liked BG2 because of the characters, class options and interesting, weird situations, even if there were some flaws there as well.  

Hope this helps.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@ahoodedfigure: that did help thank you:)
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Rallier said:
" Both are great but in Morrowind you can steal spoons (and everything really) so my "vote" goes to Morrowind.  They are not all that the same type of games really. "
Ha! I thought I was the only who did that. I had a preference for plates though. Collect them all and just stack 'em. Build a little fortress and all. Ah.

Anyway, they are very different games. RPGs but different in style. Baldur's Gate has a great story, interesting characters and rather linear gameplay. It can be quite hard if you're not used to that style of gameplay since it'll be more then likely that you'll die a lot but it's great fun when you've got the hang of it (which reminds me that I never actually finished it yet, should get around to that).

Morrowind is a bit of a slow game to take to considering the open nature of it but once you do get into it you'll find that you'll have lots to do. The main storyline doesn't have the same narrative of BG but it's interesting enough to take on. It's really all the sidequests and exploring though that really take up your time though. If you want open end worlds with plenty of things to do (what that is is up to you) then go for Morrowind. By this stage the game also has plenty of great mods from the community that will certainly enchance the gameplay, graphics and whatnot.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By pause422

BG2 I say.

NakAttack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NakAttack
@DAFTPUNK: dragon age
DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@nk19: i have that:)
DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@nk19: i have that:)
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Well, let's see. I hate Morrowind and I love Baldur's Gate 2. Guess which one I recommend.

DAFTPUNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DAFTPUNK
@ArbitraryWater: umm probably BG2 haha:)
Tally_Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Tally_Pants

well i just recently got around to playin BG2 finally... i'm not used to the PC gaming RPG so i'm struggling to start  but from what i'v heard its totally worth the learning curve for me. 
whereas morrowind i couldn't get into.. it was just too big and time consuming for me (i'm way too anal about doing everything to do a "quick run" through it) but Fallout 3 filled my Elder Scrolls craving in an excellent package, but i digress! 
i guess it just depends on what ur looking for as has previously been mentioned. they are both different styles of gameplay
Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Computerplayer1

Morrowind is going to win just about any match up in my books lol.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Jimbo

In hindsight, Morrowind is kinda shitty in a lot of ways.  I'd say go with BG2 out of those two.

Spam101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Spam101

Bethesda can't even make games. BG all the way

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Coltonio7

If you played Oblivion or Fallout already then don't even bother with Morrowind.

BG2 anyways tho.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By flaminghobo

If you're going to buy an Elder Scrolls game then you should really buy Oblivion rather than Morrowind. 
Given the choice between those two I would definitely go with Baldur's Gate 2.

Puer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Puer

Kinda obvious. Both games are cheap now and both games are great. You should rather ask which one to play first, not which one to play at all ^^. Btw, Morrowind has many cool mods, like Morrowind Graphics Extender for example.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By fugie7

morrowind  because you can steal pants, end the world, or kill people who ever you want. its a world that lets you do anything you really want along with side missions.

Adranus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Adranus

Play through the entire Baldur's Gate saga!

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#21  Edited By Astras

Both, play Baulders gate first.. Morrowind if you get into it will own you, some people are still playing it today,.

DelayTheSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By DelayTheSun

Morrowind for sure.  I sank far too much of my life into that game.  The actual mechanics don't stand up very well to Oblivion or Fallout but the world is really interesting and it requires you to make meaningful choices.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By FreakAche

Morrowind is huge and expansive, but it's kind of hard to go back to after Oblivion and Fallout 3.

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Binman88

I don't know about BG, but Morrowind has an excellent library of mods. I personally couldn't go back to it though.

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Belonpopo
@DAFTPUNK:
Morrowind
Bongos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bongos

I wasted far too much time having fun with morrowind but that my own experience. Never tried any of the BG games but I hear they're quite good. 

Mono_Listo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mono_Listo

Both, though I certainly love Baldur's Gate enough to still play it to this day.

ThePencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThePencil

Baldurs Gate hands down. You want to know how much that game can suck you in? I play it every 6 months or so, for the past 6 years.  It has a great story, one of the best setting in fantasy, awesome and memorable charecters and challenging gameplay (goddamn Watchers Keep!) .Plus theres so much user generated content that can just add whole new parts to the games.

"Jump on my sword villainy! I wont be so gentle!"

Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Azrail

baulders gate, because its better plain and simple, though its close 

but if you have never played planescape torment its similar to baulders gate, but totally unique 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By keyhunter

Morrowind+Bloodmoon+Tribunal expansions is the best game ever made. No contest. Also Oblivion+Shivering Isles is the second best game ever made. So I also recommend that.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ghostiet
@ArbitraryWater said:
" Well, let's see. I hate Morrowind and I love Baldur's Gate 2. Guess which one I recommend. "
This. Not to mention the fact that Baldur's Gate 2 aged very well, on contrary to the TES series in overall.
Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Azrail
@keyhunter:  no oblivion is far far overrated, combat is pretty good except for the fact that monster scaled which is awful 
not to mention the animations and nps suck dick, along with the story 
keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By keyhunter
@Azrail:  Ugh.
Azrail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points