• 56 results
ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ReapersPuppy

I was just wondering what people thought about the hole banning thing on xbox..
Ive just been banned for the second time..its been awhile but I have no idea what I was banned for!!!

I see plenty of people on xbox that have disgusting or just plain retarded nonsense on there bios! and they don't get banned for it!!

guys on xbox are constantly talking perverted/disgusting or just being straight up rude on xbox! and no matter how many times you report them..there still not banned

Why are all the people on xbox who just wanna play and hangout with others online always the ones that get all the bullshit!?? I just don't understand..

I just want to know what you guys think of this?? also have you been banned and if so..what for?

Why arent the people that we report billions of times not getting there asses handed to them?

I think microsoft has no idea what there doing...

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Godwind

She is a paying customer, she has the right to complain.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By carlthenimrod

Can't you call up Microsoft customer support and ask for an explanation? There has to be a reason you were banned. It's not like Microsoft is out to "get you."

Anyways, I've never had a problem. If someone sends me a disgruntled message, I just report them and delete it.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Read the terms and use of Xbox Live.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Godwind
Captain_Fookup said:
"Read the terms and use of Xbox Live."
Who the hell bothers to read the end user agreements on anything?
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By TheKidNixon

Wow, twice in one day when my Xbox Live Support experience is useful. Stars must be shining on me.

Anyway, if you were seriously banned (as in your Gamertag was suspended permanently) then I suspect that you have some idea why this happened. You probably were suspended a couple times before. If you console was banned, then you certainly know what you did, because that requires actual hardware evidence of wrong-doing (ie evidence of modding, overclocking, unlawful download, etc.)

The general rule of thumb of why people get suspended is that a bunch of people wanted them to be; Xbox Live operates on a system of self-policing because XBox Live doesn't have time to police you themselves. If they get a certain number of complaints about a particular issue, then they're going to ban you. Now the problem is that if people know the system (and plenty do) then they can flood the system with complaints and get you suspended or even banned for completely bogus charges, simply because they don't like you for any number of reasons.

If you suspect that it is the latter and you truly are banned, then talk to Xbox Live Support (1800-4MY-XBOX) and request to speak to a Tier 2 agent about what to do about this banning. More than likely, they're going tot elly ou to just create a new XBox Live Profile, but it is worth a shot if you truly think this was an abuse of the system.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CL60
Godwind said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
Who the hell bothers to read the end user agreements on anything?"
Who doesn't?
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King
Godwind said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
Certainly not Xbox Live users. Either that, or the moderators there are the most lenient bastards on the planet ("Well, to be fair, he is a fucking gay haxor."). Isn't it a bit weird that they don't crack down harder on people who spam the word gay every time they take damage?
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheKidNixon
Video_Game_King said:
"Godwind said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
Certainly not Xbox Live users. Either that, or the moderators there are the most lenient bastards on the planet ("Well, to be fair, he is a fucking gay haxor."). Isn't it a bit weird that they don't crack down harder on people who spam the word gay every time they take damage?"
Like I said before, there are no moderators for XBox Live. Its all self-policed, or at the very least policed on a game to game basis. The reason anyone gets suspended is from the complaints of other players.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King
TheKidNixon said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"Godwind said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
Certainly not Xbox Live users. Either that, or the moderators there are the most lenient bastards on the planet ("Well, to be fair, he is a fucking gay haxor."). Isn't it a bit weird that they don't crack down harder on people who spam the word gay every time they take damage?"
Like I said before, there are no moderators for XBox Live. Its all self-policed, or at the very least policed on a game to game basis. The reason anyone gets suspended is from the complaints of other players."
Then how did the lesbian who used the word "lesbian" get banned? Who would complain about that, especially given the context?
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheKidNixon
Video_Game_King said:
"TheKidNixon said:
"Video_Game_King said:

Like I said before, there are no moderators for XBox Live. Its all self-policed, or at the very least policed on a game to game basis. The reason anyone gets suspended is from the complaints of other players."
Then how did the lesbian who used the word "lesbian" get banned? Who would complain about that, especially given the context?"
Um...bigots.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CL60
TheKidNixon said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"Godwind said:
"Captain_Fookup said:
You are very wrong...
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King
TheKidNixon said:
"Video_Game_King said:
"TheKidNixon said:
"Video_Game_King said:

Then how did the lesbian who used the word "lesbian" get banned? Who would complain about that, especially given the context?"
Um...bigots."
*looks at guess written down on paper* I had "overly protective, reactionary parents."
The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By The_Dude

Its microsofts service, they can ban you for any reason they want. Set up a new account, start playing again, and QQ.

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ninjakiller
The_Dude said:
"Its microsofts service, they can ban you for any reason they want. Set up a new account, start playing again, and QQ."

ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReapersPuppy

truthfully the only thing I can think of being banned from xbox for is
some girl I met on gears told me she was going to give me a bad rep
because I was playing gears with her an she said that I was a torque hogger!

so her an her friend started giving me shit so I was fuckn pissed an tried to be nice about it..

I told her fine I won't use it anymore but you guys don't need to act all rude and be jerks about it!
then they both got pissed off and started acting like stuck up pussys for no reason at all

this was a few days before I was banned though..they both supposably gave me a bad rep...
but I don't think it really did anything cause Im guessing it wouldve happend the same day
not sure.. =\

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hitchenson

I'm one of the assholes that file complaints people with explicit stuff in their bio's - And gets there asses banned yo! :D

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ArchScabby

I don't think banning is as big a deal as people make it up to be.  Both me and my brother have had xbox live since 2003, and neither of us have ever been banned.  You won't get banned for nothing.  If you're banned, than you did something wrong.

Avatar image for valkyriegoddess
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
ReapersPuppy said:
"truthfully the only thing I can think of being banned from xbox for is some girl I met on gears told me she was going to give me a bad rep because I was playing gears with her an she said that I was a torque hogger! so her an her friend started giving me shit so I was fuckn pissed an tried to be nice about it..I told her fine I won't use it anymore but you guys don't need to act all rude and be jerks about it!then they both got pissed off and started acting like stuck up pussys for no reason at allthis was a few days before I was banned though..they both supposably gave me a bad rep...but I don't think it really did anything cause Im guessing it wouldve happend the same daynot sure.. =\"
Man that sucks major shit.
From the way things are sounding i don't think i'll go Live now. Who want to play with a bunch of sore losers who bitch and complain and then get you banned.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ArchScabby
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"ReapersPuppy said:
"truthfully the only thing I can think of being banned from xbox for is some girl I met on gears told me she was going to give me a bad rep because I was playing gears with her an she said that I was a torque hogger! so her an her friend started giving me shit so I was fuckn pissed an tried to be nice about it..I told her fine I won't use it anymore but you guys don't need to act all rude and be jerks about it!then they both got pissed off and started acting like stuck up pussys for no reason at allthis was a few days before I was banned though..they both supposably gave me a bad rep...but I don't think it really did anything cause Im guessing it wouldve happend the same daynot sure.. =\"
Man that sucks major shit. From the way things are sounding i don't think i'll go Live now. Who want to play with a bunch of sore losers who bitch and complain and then get you banned."
read my post.  This is the internet, it blows everything out of proportion.
I've also never had a friend who's gotten banned ever.
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
ArchScabby said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"ReapersPuppy said:
Man that sucks major shit. From the way things are sounding i don't think i'll go Live now. Who want to play with a bunch of sore losers who bitch and complain and then get you banned."
read my post.  This is the internet, it blows everything out of proportion.I've also never had a friend who's gotten banned ever."
I've never been banned either but Live is really starting to sound like it sucks.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22  Edited By Vinchenzo
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"I've never been banned either but Live is really starting to sound like it sucks. "
I'm going to retract my first statement in this thread and say the following:

• The TC probably got what (s)he deserved.
  • If anything, at least (s)he got banned, so (s)he cannot talk in poem to everybody on Xbox Live.
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
Vinchenzo said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"I've never been banned either but Live is really starting to sound like it sucks. "

• If anything, at least (s)he got banned, so (s)he cannot talk in poem to everybody on Xbox Live.
"
Hope you where not talking about me?
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#24  Edited By Vinchenzo
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:

"
Hope you where not talking about me? "
Guess you don't know what "TC" means.
ValkyrieGoddess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ValkyrieGoddess
Vinchenzo said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:

"
Guess you don't know what "TC" means."
No not really. And please stop laughing because it's not funny....
Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
ValkyrieGoddess said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"ValkyrieGoddess said:

"
Guess you don't know what "TC" means."
No not really. And please stop laughing because it's not funny...."
Who's laughing? TC means Thread Creator, as in the the person who made the first post.
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArchScabby

yeah but he could've said OP like everyone else on the planet.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28  Edited By natetodamax

TC means Topic Creator.

Also, you don't need to be worried about being banned by idiotic players. As long as you aren't a dick, you'll be okay. As for the abusers of the File Complaint system (which sucks major ass, by the way) there are punishments for people who use it incorrectly.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ArchScabby
natetodamax said:
"TC means Topic Creator.Also, you don't need to be worried about being banned by idiotic players. As long as you aren't a dick, you'll be okay. As for the abusers of the File Complaint system (which sucks major ass, by the way) there are punishments for people who use it incorrectly."
yeah, you can actually file a complaint on someone abusing the complaint system. woah...
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#30  Edited By mike

I just looked at her gamertag...this should clear up any confusion. She probably had profanity or some other offensive content in her bio and was caught by Microsoft. Happens all the time.

Name: Code of Conduct

Bio: Code of Conduct

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By JoelTGM

That sucks.  Best thing to do when people are being assholes is to not even waste your breath on them.  Get people angry by arguing back and they might file a report against you.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By tekmojo

Player communities are a big concern when I play online games. It's also a reason I play great games for long periods of time. The gameplay and fun factor gets me there, the community will keep me there or send me awaaaaay.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mike

Maybe you guys missed my response...but this has nothing to do with Microsoft or the Xbox Live "community", and everything to do with the fact that ReapersPuppy evidently had something offensive enough in her profile to warrant suspending her gamertag.

It's possible and even somewhat likely that someone reported her, but if she had followed the Xbox Live Code of Conduct to begin with then none of this would have ever happened.

The same thing has happened here. User puts hate speech and all kinds of racism in their profile and stays under the radar enough that we don't catch it. Eventually another user looks at the profile and reports it to us, and we ban the offender or at the least suspend them and edit their profile for them...which is what happened here with Microsoft.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CL60
MB said:
"Maybe you guys missed my response...but this has nothing to do with Microsoft or the Xbox Live "community", and everything to do with the fact that ReapesPuppy evidently had something offensive enough in her profile to warrant suspending her gamertag.It's possible and even somewhat likely that someone reported her, but if she had followed the Xbox Live Code of Conduct to begin with then none of this would have ever happened."
Yup
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zityz

ReapersPuppy said:

Seriously? I don't even know how to respond to that cause it's just SO FUCKING STUPID!

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CL60
zityz said:
"

ReapersPuppy said:

Seriously? I don't even know how to respond to that cause it's just SO FUCKING STUPID!

"
Stupid and obviously not the reason for banning. ReapersPuppy knows why i think but just want's sympathy from us.
NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By NickNorman
TheKidNixon said:
"Wow, twice in one day when my Xbox Live Support experience is useful. Stars must be shining on me.

Anyway, if you were seriously banned (as in your Gamertag was suspended permanently) then I suspect that you have some idea why this happened. You probably were suspended a couple times before. If you console was banned, then you certainly know what you did, because that requires actual hardware evidence of wrong-doing (ie evidence of modding, overclocking, unlawful download, etc.) The general rule of thumb of why people get suspended is that a bunch of people wanted them to be; Xbox Live operates on a system of self-policing because XBox Live doesn't have time to police you themselves. If they get a certain number of complaints about a particular issue, then they're going to ban you. Now the problem is that if people know the system (and plenty do) then they can flood the system with complaints and get you suspended or even banned for completely bogus charges, simply because they don't like you for any number of reasons.If you suspect that it is the latter and you truly are banned, then talk to Xbox Live Support (1800-4MY-XBOX) and request to speak to a Tier 2 agent about what to do about this banning. More than likely, they're going tot elly ou to just create a new XBox Live Profile, but it is worth a shot if you truly think this was an abuse of the system."
This. I've gotten suspended once, for a day, for having the word "ass" in my bio (hey, it was a Duke Nukem quote), but when I retyped it with "@$$" I was fine. Live and the people who moderate it are hi or miss when it comes to what is offensive and what isn't. Most of the time if you're suspended, it's because someone else reported you.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mike
NickNorman said:
when I retyped it with "@$$" I was fine. Live and the people who moderate it are hi or miss when it comes to what is offensive and what isn't...
Probably because it's an automated system that handles those types of moderations.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Player1
ReapersPuppy said:
I think microsoft has no idea what there doing..."
Yep...tell that to the lag free 16 player halo game I'm playing right now. They have NO IDEA
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Keyser_Soze

I've seen and heard shit on Xbox Live.... life changing experiences.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Neo-nazi's explaining to me why black people are genetically inferior whilst expanding empires in Catan. I heard the sounds of evil men scream down the line wanting to kill me as I sped past them on GTAIV. Willies hanging loose whilst playing cards on Uno. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

NickNorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NickNorman
MB said:
"NickNorman said:
when I retyped it with "@$$" I was fine. Live and the people who moderate it are hi or miss when it comes to what is offensive and what isn't...
Probably because it's an automated system that handles those types of moderations. "
Normally I'd say sure, but I had it in my bio for a good seven or eight months. I've seen a lot of stuff a lot worse that "ass," too, a lot of it not even trying to bypass any filter. MS is doing the best they can - when you have a few million users, some are going to slip through the cracks.

I didn't know that the OP had an offensive profile before I first posted - that's why she got the hammer put down. You know what they say: Don't cry over spilled milk. Or something like that.
austinj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By austinj

Thanks MB. This isn't really anyone's business but the OP, but I was wondering what the first thing she got banned for was.

IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By IVIorpheus

There must have been something "offensive" in your info.

MB
said:

I'd like to see something report someone with this as their info....
ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ReapersPuppy

first off one person said that I was probably looking for sympathy
seriously! its the internet and I was just expressing how I felt to other gamers
about this fucked up situation which I have no idea why I was banned for

another person asked what I was banned for prior to this..if you really wanna know
I'll explain! some guy was shit talking to me writting dirty messages
and saying disgusting things about my private area an what he wanted to do to me

when I told him to fuck off! he got pissed of an thretend me
he said he was gonna fuck up my account
then he just kept bitching so I eventually got off..
a few hours later I was banned for 3 days!
I had no idea why other then the threat he'd given me

The next day I was unbanned though thanx to Trixie360 who helped me out

Oh and I didnt have anything wrong in my bio..I had a silly poem about me and my cousin
we'd both made it up an it didn't have anything bad/wrong in it..

Ps.I really don't think "code of conduct" has anything to do with your bio
I think its just letting you & friends know you've been banned or something

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Diamond

Code of Conduct in the profile is directly related to profile content.

What are you doing to get banned so much.  You told people to fuck off and other crap, why didn't you just report them in the first place?  To get permanently banned for stuff like Code of Conduct, you must have been banned more than once before.

Even if this time you didn't deserve it, getting a perma ban is a sign of a very nasty history.

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By LeetBalla

I think TC is making this crap up about being sexually harassed. TC is probably just a jerk to everyone she meets online, you don't get banned from XBL for no reason. Oh, and just to let you know TC, not everyone is out to get you, if people reported your account you probably gave them a reason too. I hate that everyone in our society always complains about how nothing is their fault, it is everyone else's. Quit crying, no one cares.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mike
ReapersPuppy said:
I see plenty of people on xbox that have disgusting or just plain retarded nonsense on there bios! and they don't get banned for it!!
Something just hit me. If there was nothing wrong with your bio...why is your first reaction to defend it if you "have no idea why you were banned"?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MeierTheRed

If you all really want to know how the banning on xbox live works, i suggest you go listen to Major Nelsons podcast. They had a couple of shows dedicated to that topic, and they explain in good detail.

None of this guess work will get you anywhere. If you got banned there was a reason, you dont just get banned for doing nothing.
REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By REDRUN
MB said:
"I just looked at her gamertag...this should clear up any confusion. She probably had profanity or some other offensive content in her bio and was caught by Microsoft. Happens all the time.

"
she deserved it

BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#50  Edited By BackpackKat

My account got suspended oncebecause my name was John Asscream but it took 2 years till someone complained so I made it one word then changed to John Axecream but then I figured out it was just some kids from my school who were just pissed off cause I beat them at something so no matter what I put they kept banning me I finally changed it to xJonBleepcreamx and called Microsoft and got them permanet bans :)