• 124 results
Bindings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bindings1

Gamestop has reached my last nerve. They have no problems taking your money and laughing at you. Recently I went to Gamestop to trade in my old 360 for the new unofficially named 360 Slim. They said they did not have any in stock but you can order it and be put on the list for next shipment. I was told it would be in by friday so I was very eager to do it knowing it was a couple days away. They said that I was fourth on the list and shipments were in groups of 2 units. The two people before me already received theirs yesterday. I called up gamestop today and they said now I wont be receiving it till the end of August. They claimed that Microsoft is limiting shipments. I declare bullshit. Best Buy/ Wal-Mart/ Target/ Fry's/ and Meijer have plenty of them on the shelves. If I did not already trade in my unit and pay off the balance I would gladly go into any store and buy it NOW. That is over a month of XBOX Live wasted that I paid for. This is crap. I am done with Gamestop all together and from now on am going anywhere else to buy my games. 

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Good. I hate GameStop. I only go there to find old games or obscure games not carried by normal stores like Wal-Mart (like Deadly Premonition). 

Edit: I mean good that you're boycotting, not good that this happened to you. 

woodelf86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By woodelf86

same thing happened to me, I am so pissed off, I am all in on the boycotting, I am willing to take the cut in convenience if it means that I am done with these headaches

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Interfect

Gamestop are the modern day Nazis... Fact.

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Darkstar614

Yep they have some stupid list and receive 2 per or something. After I declined to be on said list, the clerk assured me I wouldn't find them anywhere else and sarcastically said "Good Luck." once I mentioned looking elsewhere.

Target across the street had some they had just put on the shelf.

I think Microsoft probably dislikes how Gamestop is making money off used systems and therefore limits the systems they send them on purpose so that they can get more out to the big retailers where they actually make the most profit.

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By the8bitNacho

I don't really boycott GameStop.  I'll buy new games there, or consoles, but never used stuff.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Bindings1 said:
" Gamestop has reached my last nerve. They have no problems taking your money and laughing at you. Recently I went to Gamestop to trade in my old 360 for the new unofficially named 360 Slim. They said they did not have any in stock but you can order it and be put on the list for next shipment. I was told it would be in by friday so I was very eager to do it knowing it was a couple days away. They said that I was fourth on the list and shipments were in groups of 2 units. The two people before me already received theirs yesterday. I called up gamestop today and they said now I wont be receiving it till the end of August. They claimed that Microsoft is limiting shipments. I declare bullshit. Best Buy/ Wal-Mart/ Target/ Fry's/ and Meijer have plenty of them on the shelves. If I did not already trade in my unit and pay off the balance I would gladly go into any store and buy it NOW. That is over a month of XBOX Live wasted that I paid for. This is crap. I am done with Gamestop all together and from now on am going anywhere else to buy my games.  "
And how do you know MS is not limiting shipments? Whats stopping you from asking for a refund? Asking them to find another place?  

The boycot wont do crap. so calm down.  

People claim that gamestop is evil. Its a business. Plenty of other places do the same thing. If not worse.  

One word "Enron" 
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#8  Edited By citizenkane

The Gamestop I go to is actually really cool.  The guys that work there are laid back and know what they are talking about.  They have great midnight release parties too.

The store is basically like Giant Bomb and it's the only one I go to.

Kahoona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Kahoona

I get all my stuff through Amazon, unless I want something instantly.  Even then, I try Bestbuy before Gamestop.

raviolisumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By raviolisumo
@CitizenKane said:
" The Gamestop I go to is actually really cool.  The guys that work there are laid back and know what they are talking about.  They have great midnight release parties too.  The store is basically like Giant Bomb and it's the only one I go to. "
This. I found a new (to me at least) gamestop and it's so much nicer than the ones I used to go to.
Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Demyx

I don't really go to Gamestop. I pretty much use steam and amazon. I usually find much better sales.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By FreakAche

I'm in Winnipeg, Manitoba and have never had a problem with Gamestop or EB so I'm always kind of perplexed when I see these threads. Sure, they always ask if I've preordered if I'm buying a game on release day, but they always seem fairly polite, and not overly pushy. I suppose the Canadian branch is just managed differently.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By apathylad
@Interfect said:
" Gamestop are the modern day Nazis... Fact. "
I suppose we can call their employees...The Gamestapo.  YEEEEEEEEEAH!
MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Yeah...I think I'll continue to buy cheap games from there.  Burger money is more important to me than some whiny goof on the internet.  

Avatar image for goforth_and_die
goforth_and_die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By goforth_and_die

Fate8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fate8

With Gamefly and Goozex why would you use Gamestop anyway?

MrMcgillicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MrMcgillicutty
@CitizenKane said:

" The Gamestop I go to is actually really cool.  The guys that work there are laid back and know what they are talking about.  They have great midnight release parties too.  The store is basically like Giant Bomb and it's the only one I go to. "

My local Gamestop is like that too. I guess it has to do with who's working there. But I have been to a lot of bad GameStops too. Maybe if there was another videogame oriented retail place, it would force those guys to treat there customers nicer.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@goforth_and_die said:
"  

"
wow is this real?
Avatar image for goforth_and_die
goforth_and_die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By goforth_and_die
@DuhQbnSiLo:  not sure, just thought itd be an interesting post
Bindings1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bindings1
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @Bindings1 said:
" Gamestop has reached my last nerve. They have no problems taking your money and laughing at you. Recently I went to Gamestop to trade in my old 360 for the new unofficially named 360 Slim. They said they did not have any in stock but you can order it and be put on the list for next shipment. I was told it would be in by friday so I was very eager to do it knowing it was a couple days away. They said that I was fourth on the list and shipments were in groups of 2 units. The two people before me already received theirs yesterday. I called up gamestop today and they said now I wont be receiving it till the end of August. They claimed that Microsoft is limiting shipments. I declare bullshit. Best Buy/ Wal-Mart/ Target/ Fry's/ and Meijer have plenty of them on the shelves. If I did not already trade in my unit and pay off the balance I would gladly go into any store and buy it NOW. That is over a month of XBOX Live wasted that I paid for. This is crap. I am done with Gamestop all together and from now on am going anywhere else to buy my games.  "
And how do you know MS is not limiting shipments? Whats stopping you from asking for a refund? Asking them to find another place?   The boycot wont do crap. so calm down.   People claim that gamestop is evil. Its a business. Plenty of other places do the same thing. If not worse.   One word "Enron"  "
It's very easy to say to calm down. Put yourself in my shoes being told one thing and getting another. Thats Bull.  When my friend who works for Gamestop tells me that they are limiting the shipments I tend to believe him. My friend works for Best Buy and says they have lots in the back waiting to be put in the shelves. It's all Gamestop. But again put yourself in my shoes. It's very easy to tell someone to calm down when it's not happening to you.
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@Bindings1 said:

" @The_Laughing_Man said:

" @Bindings1 said:
And how do you know MS is not limiting shipments? Whats stopping you from asking for a refund? Asking them to find another place?   The boycot wont do crap. so calm down.   People claim that gamestop is evil. Its a business. Plenty of other places do the same thing. If not worse.   One word "Enron"  "
It's very easy to say to calm down. Put yourself in my shoes being told one thing and getting another. Thats Bull.  When my friend who works for Gamestop tells me that they are limiting the shipments I tend to believe him. My friend works for Best Buy and says they have lots in the back waiting to be put in the shelves. It's all Gamestop. But again put yourself in my shoes. It's very easy to tell someone to calm down when it's not happening to you. "
That happens to me all the time. It happened at my job. It happened when I was supposed to be able to move.  It happened when I was told when I would be paid 500 but got 50. 

Then go to bestbuy. Chances are they are limiting them. And most likely gamestop has sold a lot of them. What is stopping you from asking for your money? Going to bestbuy. And getting it?  

And just because your friend says something does not mean it is true. When I worked for gamestop we where told to say " no we do not have a game" If it was not released yet. It is called " business" 
icyroy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By icyroy05
@natetodamax: 
But saying no means I have to make eye contact.
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
@goforth_and_die: interesting
Whiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Whiskeyjack
@Apathylad said:
" @Interfect said:
" Gamestop are the modern day Nazis... Fact. "
I suppose we can call their employees...The Gamestapo.  YEEEEEEEEEAH! "

I was going to comment about how quickly Godwin's Law was invoked in here.. but I forgive it because that pun is terribly funny.
honey_power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By honey_power

Stealing money and shitting on the average consumer! It's the American way! =]

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By shadows_kill

one in the mall= crap
the one about 2 miles away from me is great. i know personally 3 workers and they know what they are talking about. 

before the one opened close to me i went to the one at the mall and i was buying MGS4 and the clerk said "why are you buying this in a year its being released on 360" i just chuckled and left. i havent gone to that one since though.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AlwaysAngry

GUYS! WAL-MART BOYCOTT!  

I ONCE DRANK MILK FROM A STORE AND IT TASTED LIKE ASS! THEREFORE BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE ONE PRODUCT IN WAL-MART, EVERYBODY ELSE IN THE WORLD SHOULDN'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#29  Edited By wrathofconn

I haven't bought shit at GameStop for years. There are better places to buy used stuff no matter where you live and if you buy new stuff from Amazon you get better prices and don't pay sales tax on it. Don't see why you'd go there in the first place.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By iam3green

i also boycott gamestop. i haven't gone there in a while. i buy my stuff other places.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Yes I shall boycott too by not going all the way to America and buying a game from there because there's none here in Australia. Seriously though I feel for you, that's why I don't preorder and sell my console before it comes out.

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ravenousrattler

these threads always make me laugh

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By EpicSteve

After working their, I spend my money elsewhere.

TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheDoorman
@Bindings1 said:  Its not their fault. Plus stop whining, atleast they are giving you a 100 dollar trade, man up and grow a pair they are a business like any other place.  I do not understand why people hate on gamestop lol.

kraznor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By kraznor

End of August sounds highly implausible. Wouldn't be surprised if you get it long before then, probably just got some ignorant person who wasn't sure what was going on. That happens at all stores, not just Gamestops. No one made you trade in your system when you did either, that was your decision.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Meltac

I don't get all the hate towards GameStop.. They're tottally fine whereeee i live, and i dont rrallyt have a problem with them (:

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By agentboolen
@Bindings1: Those kids are usually not the most realiable when talking on the phone.  I would call back another day (try to avoid the time you called so you get someone else) or just walk in the store one day if its close enough.  I'm doubting there having trouble getting them, you probably got a kid that made a mistake....  August seems a bit harsh. 

Worst comes to worst you tell them this is unacceptable and try to demand they lown you a old machine (since you traded in yours thinking you would not be with out a machine for that long, proff it with your recipt) and see if they'll do it.
lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#38  Edited By lead_farmer

I like my local Gamestop.  I know the guys that work there and they don't try to bombard me with pre-release deals and preorder crap.  Sometimes the trade-in credit is kinda bad, but I usually wait for deals.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RE_Player1

Ok is there anything else you want me to do? Seriously I'll shop wherever I want, I plan on going to Gamestop tomorrow actually because I have a $20 gift card and I'm getting Lego Rock Band with a PSN card :) I love gamestop because its right near my bus stop :) Also I live in Canada so maybe Canadian Gamestops are nicer :) 

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By Jeust

Tough luck. I won't boycott it, as the service depends largely on the store, and i don't have many reasons to complain. 

arkadysmile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By arkadysmile

The Gamestop I go to is great. We have two others around that kinda suck.
ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#42  Edited By ki11tank

amazon is way better, i use them all the time for everything.  i called with an issue about really nice surge protector last week and they sent me a brand new one no questions asked.  granted i spend a fortune there but they know how to make customers happy.

gamestop sells dog shit and they don't care.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kishan6
@Bindings1 said:
". That is over 5 dollars of XBOX Live wasted that I paid for. This is crap. .  "
calm down
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#44  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I scoff at boycotting and online petitions, because they never do anything. That said, I support any hate against Gamestop, but not for the reasons the original poster mentioned.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#45  Edited By Shadow

I have a better idea.  You boycott Gamestop and I'll continue to have a game store within walking distance of my house.

Avatar image for peepeepoopoo696
peepeepoopoo696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By peepeepoopoo696

Chill, you boycotting them isn't going to do anything.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#47  Edited By DrRandle

I don't know why people seem to have so many problems with their gamestops. My one back in my hometown was fantastic. :/ The guys there always helped me out, even going so far as to call me if they got a rare game in, knowing that I collect rarities. Maybe I just had a cool bunch of clerks, I dunno, but I never had these kind of problems.

I get that some of their corporate policies are dick moves, but if anything, I feel bad for the clerks who have to deal with screaming, indignant customers who think it's okay to yell at the clerks who are only trying to do a job they don't get paid/thanked enough for doing. :)

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ryax

lol

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#49  Edited By ch13696

Ok people. I don't think he's going on about used games. He's talking about his console. Which Gamestop is technically the only place he can trade it so he can afford a new one. And apparently he didn't use cash for the whole system so he can't get a refund. He can get store credit in return and go to a different store. There's bound to be a 360 slim at a different Gamestop. So everyone that's bitchin at him. Shut the hell up. You are all idiots.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
@ch13696 said:
" Ok people. I don't think he's going on about used games. He's talking about his console. Which Gamestop is technically the only place he can trade it so he can afford a new one. And apparently he didn't use cash for the whole system so he can't get a refund. He can get store credit in return and go to a different store. There's bound to be a 360 slim at a different Gamestop. So everyone that's bitchin at him. Shut the hell up. You are all idiots. "
He can easily get credit or cash. However they would have to recalculate it.  

And he is being stupid just going off a phone call. Most of the time I have called unless I ask for the manager if its a younger or newer person they get it wrong since they do not how to use the look up program gamestop uses.