Buying Darksiders and Demon's Souls Tonight

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Spike94

Decided I'm not going to wait for a review of Darksiders: Wrath of War. Any objections, people? Thanks to all those who read and respond!
Avatar image for deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9
deactivated-5aeccee38cdf9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Good luck with Demon's souls, don't throw too many controllers out of your window =P

Warfare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Warfare

You have my blessing .

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By handlas

you will play Demon's Souls...get pissed....and then play Darksiders only.  I foresee the future.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Spike94
@handlas:
@Warfare:
@lilarchie232:

Bahahah! Terrific responses, duders! Thanks for the blessing Warfare. Lilarchie, I'll try not too. And handlas, we'll have to see about that, ya gypsy.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

I really don't get Demon's Souls. People seem to love it so it obviously has something, but every time I look at it, all I see is a mediocre action-RPG that's sorta slow and really dull. I guess it's simply one of those things I'll just never understand, like the Metal Gear Solid series.

Darksiders looks pretty great though.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By JokerClown88

I just got Darksiders myself.  Im having a blast with it so far.  Demon's souls...I didnt have too much fun with.  It required a level of patience that I do not posses.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By handlas
@Spike94: :D

It's what I probably would of done if I had a 2nd new game to play. 

Oh ya, I forgot, I got the game on Halloween tho.  Which meant the game was harder then normal because they had this special thing going for the holiday.  It beat the crap out of me.
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spike94

@JokerClown88:
Sweet. Ah, sorry to hear about DS though. I think I have some patience, so we'll see I guess...seems like I'll still be in for a surprise, though.

@Icemael: 
Ah, thanks for the input. I personlly love the MGS series. Not saying that'll translate into DS, but if I like it I like it, if I think it's great, then...yeah. And totally, D: WoW looks great. Abbreviations!

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Spike94
@handlas said:
" @Spike94: :D  It's what I probably would of done if I had a 2nd new game to play.  "

Haha xD Awesome! :D Thanks again for the input!
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Slippy

Good job with Demon's Souls - game of the generation.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By eroticfishcake

I envy you. That's all I can say.

Still no Demons's's's's Souls European release date. T_T

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By ch13696
@Spike94 said:
" Decided I'm not going to wait for a review of Darksiders: Wrath of War. Any objections, people? Thanks to all those who read and respond! "
While your out can you pick me up a copy of darksiders also? Oh and get some milk and eggs.
Shinri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Shinri

Damn you, I wish Demon's Souls would come out in Europe.
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Spike94

@eroticfishcake:
xD Hahah. Why thank you. Yeah, wouldn't it be Demons' Souls, because you fight like...way more than one demon? Thats just beginning with the grammatical errors of the title. But whatever. And sorry to hear it isn't out yet for our brothers across the pond. :(

@Slippy:
So it's good, then? Sweet.

@ch13696:
You bet! Oh, that's a negative on the second copy of D: WoW though. 

Thanks again to all your responses, really appreciate it (and to those that may be lurking?).

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Spike94: I like the name but sometimes I wished they chose something less awkward to say. I would've ordered this a long time ago but money isn't exaclty in plentiful supply...anyway, have fun with them!
Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Synchronatic

Hell yes! Demon's Souls is one of my top games of the year easily. Yes it's hard as balls, but that just makes everything that much more rewarding. Also, I'm super stoked for Darksiders. You'll have to let me know how it is.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#18  Edited By citizenkane

With games like BioShock 2 and Mass Effect 2 coming out the next few weeks, I would say that you wasted your money.  But hey, you might have a different cup of tea than I do.

Mandiggidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By Mandiggidy

hey sup, ive been waiting for Darksiders for a couple years now, pre-ordered it and was hyped as fuck to play it.........gonna return it tommorow if i can. 
Was a fun game, i loved the art style, orignal settings, ect. however the game was way to action based for my liking, and the action was exceedingly repetative. I wish that i had more positive things to say about this game, howver if possible i would reccomend on renting it. I finished it after a day and a half, and there is very little replayability.  I dont know if my negativity comes from higher expectations, but I dont see myself keeping the game in my collection because honestly now that im finished it i dont see myself even wanting to play through it again.

To conclude, was a fun but short run, rent it if possible.

P.s. on a side not Demon's soul's is just incredible, you should buy two copies instead just to make up for how great it is.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By ki11tank

bascially i'll buy every game that interests me as the money is not an issue for me.  saying that i still haven't gotten my own copy of demons souls lol.  trudging around getting raped and then starting over 17 miles back is not something i consider to be a lot of fun not to mention i don't have the time or patience for a game like that these days.

darksiders on the other hand i've gotten about 3-4 hours into and it looks like it will be worth the cash.  relatively solid all around yet it doesn't really shine in anything, i do enjoy me some badass devil demon bosses though.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187

Darksiders is the shiz, sir.  I'm more than positive you'll enjoy the shit out of it, especially if you like fleshed-out worlds, good characters and story, excellent level design, satisfying combat, and some pretty deep exploration.  My only complaint...aside from a couple of technical issues (like some screen tears, anti-aliasing issues, and the frame rate going haywire once or twice)...is that there is no real sprint button, and some of these areas are BIG.  The dash works fine, but it feels weird sometimes to use that to get around quickly.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Spike94

@Mandiggidy:  
Ah. I see. Thanks for the input man. I seem to have a more liking to action-heavy games, so I may keep it. We'll see. As for DS, awesome. One copy shall suffice though. xD
@CitizenKane:

Hah, yes, our tea is in different cups, so to speak. I haven't even started Bioschock yet (it's sitting on my desk next to the monitor as we converse right now actually-need more hard drive space, but I know it's still a crime). And I'm interested in Mass Effect and all; may play it someday, but again, different tea.
@Synchronatic:
Sweet! I look forward to playing them! I will definitley let ya know if it rocks! (seems like it will, just a side note, I too am stoked for it)
@eroticfishcake:
I agree. I...just...wish...it...was...at least..."Demons' Souls"...ah well. And I hope the best outcome for you and the money stuff!
@Shinri:
xD Again, sorry it isn't out to my bros 'cross the pond! 
Thanks AGAIN to all present responses, and to all future ones. If I don't get to you all, I apologize...thanks though and good evening to yas or whatever time of day it may be where one may live! 
Listenin' to some live BNL along with doin' this thing. In fact, that should probably go on my status thing instead... oh well. Man I love that band...you all had to know that.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Spike94

@slacker4life:  
Ah, a patience issue then? Yeah, been gettin' that, think I'll have the patience for it.
@jakob187:
Ah, thank you, sir. Sweet. Yes, I am way into that. I love good combat. I also, of course, love a good story. I just love a good game. xD Vague enough? But yeah, sounds like I'll love both games!
EDIT: Typo and replied* (another edit correcting THAT typo...) to another duder.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By handlas

Demon's Souls is never a waste of money.  Don't worry about that.  I got 3 good long play-throughs of it, personally and I'd play it again (probably will in the future).  Only fault I could maybe put it on is it doesn't explain everything too well.  I didn't realize the full potential of the game until my 2nd playthrough.

I haven't played Darksiders but I'm getting a craving to buy it.  Been playing too much Forza 3 and getting burnt out on the racing.

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Spike94
@handlas:
Ah, I see, sweet. Three playthroughs? Dang. Just gets me more pumped up about it! Walmart didn't have DS, (out of stock) but I still got Darksiders. Totally gonna still get DS at some point in the future.
thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By thecleric
@CitizenKane said:
" With games like BioShock 2 and Mass Effect 2 coming out the next few weeks, I would say that you wasted your money.  But hey, you might have a different cup of tea than I do. "
Supporting new IPs is always a much better idea, imo. There will always be sequels.
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Spike94
@thecleric:
:D 
Yes! I concur.
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darksiders is purely fucking awesome.  I just got the Abyssal Armor with zero help, and my God.  It's epic.  I also just finished the game, and it's also so fucking epic.  By far the most fun I've had in a long time with a game.  The playthrough clocked in around 18 hours, and that was on easy.  Definitely going back in on Hard or Apocalyptic.  Basically, buy this game.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mordukai

Have fun with Demon's Souls. Be patient and don't act all commando and you should be fine...for a while. 

Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Spike94
@Mordukai: 
xD Haha, okay man thanks. I have yet to get it (Walmart :() but someday I shall. 
@xobballox:
Sweet! Totally bought it! Glad ya had oodles of fun! Coulda done without the swears though, but eh. xD I am even more stoked about this game now! It has been added to the "pile"
 of games I have to play...I'll get to it. xD
citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#31  Edited By citizenkane
@thecleric said:

" @CitizenKane said:

" With games like BioShock 2 and Mass Effect 2 coming out the next few weeks, I would say that you wasted your money.  But hey, you might have a different cup of tea than I do. "
Supporting new IPs is always a much better idea, imo. There will always be sequels. "
If you like them better than or the same as the two I have mentioned, then I can see where you are coming from.  But, I hope you're not supporting new IPs just for the sake of supporting new IPs.
soapofdurden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By soapofdurden
@CitizenKane said:
" @thecleric said:

" @CitizenKane said:

Supporting new IPs is always a much better idea, imo. There will always be sequels. "
If you like them better than or the same as the two I have mentioned, then I can see where you are coming from.  But, I hope you're not supporting new IPs just for the sake of supporting new IPs. "
Jesus Christ, this. Not all new ideas are good ideas. Darksiders and Demon's Souls are two solid games, though so I'd say he made a good decision. I imagine that a lot of people will be trading up to new games as Q1 advances though. Not everyone can afford all those games new.
Spike94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Spike94
@CitizenKane: 
Oh fish, no. I support these two games because they seem awesome.
@soapofdurden: 
Yeah, one of those people is me. After these buys, I'll be out of commission, so to speak, for a while. I have plenty of games to play to tie me over. I probably will still have some to beat by the time next year rolls around maybe even...