Cancellation of all F***, RYAN DAVIS t-shirts

UnlimitedSheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really hope there's another way to donate soon! I was looking forward to buying a shirt.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@darthb said:

I look forward to buying whatever shirt you replace this with. I only bought it to support Ryan's bride, with the shirt just being a bonus. Honestly, a better shirt honouring him would be appreciated, maybe with that olly moss drawing.

That'd be the best. I'd love that.

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

Shame, I was looking forward to my order. As long as I'm still able to get what ever does happen now I'm fine though.

(It would really suck for example if you issued something else and I missed it before it sold out as someone who had ordered the original)

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By theimmortalbum

I'm not terribly sad at the loss of the shirt (it'd be an awkward thing to explain to the wife), but I would really, really like to be able to support Anna and the rest of Ryan's family in some way.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That really sucks. :(

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#106  Edited By Sooty

@theimmortalbum said:

I'm not terribly sad at the loss of the shirt (it'd be an awkward thing to explain to the wife), but I would really, really like to be able to support Anna and the rest of Ryan's family in some way.

I understand people are sad about the loss of Ryan, but come on, it's not like he was part of a family living in absolute poverty. I think the outpouring of love is all the support they would have wanted.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Zeik

@sooty said:

@theimmortalbum said:

I understand people are sad about the loss of Ryan, but come on, it's not like he was part of a family living in absolute poverty.

That's kind of missing the point.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

no swears aloud

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty said:

@theimmortalbum said:

I understand people are sad about the loss of Ryan, but come on, it's not like he was part of a family living in absolute poverty. I think the outpouring of love is all the support they would have wanted.

I get what you're saying, but a modest funeral (like the one I went to last year) wound up costing $20,000. That's a lot of money for anyone, and it's still quite a financial hit if a family pools together the necessary funds.

mostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldirtybearon: Not to mention a wedding the week before that probably wasn't cheap either.

I'm just going to make up some fantastic reason in my head for why they pulled the shirt. In order to placate myself. Like, for example, in Ryan's will he left all rights to his name and likeness to Nolan North. Any future attempts to sell property with the name or likeness of Ryan Davis must now be cleared by Nolan North. When Nolan heard about this, he said that this would not be allowed, because he is instead creating his own tribute shirt. That talks. In the voice of Nolan North. "We miss you Ryan."

Now Tweet that!

XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Gutted but understandable. Hopefully they do another shirt or something to raise money.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenonick said:

Gutted but understandable. Hopefully they do another shirt or something to raise money.

Raise money for whom exactly? I didn't pay attention to the shirt shenanigans.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xenonick said:

Raise money for whom exactly? I didn't pay attention to the shirt shenanigans.

Ryan's family to cover funeral expenses, etc.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the fact that they aren't being more forthright with their reasoning goes against what Giant Bomb has stood for in the past: transparency.

If discussing the reason behind it doesn't help Ryan's family or his friends then there's no need to for them to discuss it. We can not know something once.

firecracker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm holding out hope for there being a China Don't Care reissue. Though, I'm starting to think helping Ryan's family won't be tied into a T-shirt anymore.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a huge bummer. Oh well, It is what it is.

RudeTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'll make my own bootsy ass shirt.

It's what Ryan would have wanted.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeik said:

@sooty said:

@theimmortalbum said:

I understand people are sad about the loss of Ryan, but come on, it's not like he was part of a family living in absolute poverty.

Not really, I just don't think the Davis family are some huge charity case people really need to be looking out for, however I do acknowledge funding both a wedding and a funeral in quick succession is both A) morbid and B) expensive.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: That's still missing the point. People aren't doing it because they believe they're in desperate need of charity, it's to show their support for the family of someone they cared about.

FoolishChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthb said:

I look forward to buying whatever shirt you replace this with. I only bought it to support Ryan's bride, with the shirt just being a bonus. Honestly, a better shirt honouring him would be appreciated, maybe with that olly moss drawing.

That'd be the best. I'd love that.

Yes... I cannot wear a Fuck, Ryan Davis shirt around. I can wear this shirt

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Roger_Klotz

How about you guys sell the comma in the form of a patch and we can sew it on our existing Ryan Davis shirts.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#125  Edited By TruthTellah

@sooty said:

@zeik said:

@sooty said:

@theimmortalbum said:

Not really, I just don't think the Davis family are some huge charity case people really need to be looking out for, however I do acknowledge funding both a wedding and a funeral in quick succession is both A) morbid and B) expensive.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the Davis family wouldn't be able to handle it on their own, but people want to help if they can. It's a nice and possibly helpful gesture at a time when they are facing a high and unexpected cost for something truly tragic. If people want to provide them some financial support, it's nice when they can do so.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In light of this, maybe we could have a community contest for a shirt design? Everyone would go into it with the express understanding that it needed to be simple, perhaps two tone, and they waived any copyright to what they were designing. The designs would just be in honor of Ryan. People could vote on their favorites and the staff could choose whatever design they think will work best.

To me, it'd be a great big community ode to Ryan, and it would get us a shirt that people could buy to show support for Ryan's family at this time.

5Figh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fuckin lol at how everyone started freakin out at CBSi like immediately

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, wonder why this had to be cancelled. Can't be so simple as not enough supply as Rorie wont go into it, probably something more personal and inappropriate for public knowledge. Bummer man. I wouldn't be able to wear that shirt anyway.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By coakroach

Thanks Obama

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130  Edited By EquitasInvictus
Loading Video...

Hopefully there's still NARC shirts my size.

EDIT: Nope they're all gone too, sadly.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

That's extremely unfortunate.

This seems like a very solvable problem, but it's hard to know how to address it without understanding what created the issue. Hmm tricky business.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Problem solved.

No Caption Provided

You're welcome.

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about you guys sell the comma in the form of a patch and we can sew it on our existing Ryan Davis shirts.

That is the best idea I've heard all day.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I suppose to be a stereotypical message board poster, I was bummed out when the shirt was re-launched with the comma anyway. I was all set and ready to buy it until I saw that and decided it looked way too awkward to be happy owning.

Sorry your plans fell through, hope something more palatable to business concerns and my own tastes comes up later in the year. xoxo GB

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Weakkkk. I got in early for once too.

Lexus2jz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, Giant Bomb is about as transparent as big companies now-a-days :(

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was probably something to do with the shirt distributors. Either way, I'll gladly wait for another way to support the Davis family and/or get a family version of a Ryan Davis tribute shirt.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@godlyawesomeguy said:

I feel like the fact that they aren't being more forthright with their reasoning goes against what Giant Bomb has stood for in the past: transparency.

@lexus2jz said:

Wow, Giant Bomb is about as transparent as big companies now-a-days :(

If you are going to be this petty about "transparency," then I guess you were probably both upset when Jeff wouldn't talk about why he was fired from Gamespot way back when too. Fact of the matter is they aren't at liberty to talk about everything all the time, and we don't always have to know every little detail of their operation. Assuming they are trying to hide something or that this somehow is damaging to their integrity is fucking stupid.

Lexus2jz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bushpusherr: Nope didn't give two shits why Jeff got fired because I did not purchase Jeff.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long as there is something to do to help the Davis family at some point, I'll be happy to donate.

NemeanOtter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a bummer, I was really looking forward to getting one of those shirts. Hopefully there will be some other thing down the line.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By bigjeffrey

I'd Love a China Dont Care, it says nothing about Ryan but i'd know.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@lexus2jz: @godlyawesomeguy: And your money is being refunded. You have lost nothing. We know they can't do the shirt, and they aren't particularly happy about it either. They have said they will try to organize some other way to provide a service to help Ryan's family. What the fuck is cagey about this? Why is any other reason necessary? They haven't given us any reason to distrust them.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Three0neFive

@bushpusherr: Jeff's termination was an in-house decision that really was none of anybody's business besides CBSi's and his. The only value we had stored up in Jeff was purely from watching him for so long, and that value is worth nothing. This shirt, on the other hand, many of use pre-paid for and are now randomly getting refunded without any explanation as to why. They didn't even stipulate such a decision with "legal reasons we are contractually obligated not to go into" or anything that would make us understand why they aren't elucidating on their decision. What we did get is that they simply won't explain and it reeks of them just being cagey for no particular reason other than to be cagey, and slightly dickish about it. Why? Who the hell knows! Why should we care? We only purchased the shirt with the intent of honoring Ryan and helping his family. They didn't have to go into detail, they could have given an outline, but instead the reasons they give are pretty much useless.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that Ryan's family are either uncomfortable with accepting the money or uncomfortable with the shirt itself. Those are pretty much the only two situations that make any sense, and in either case it's really none of our business.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godlyawesomeguy:

There's absolutely nothing "dickish" about anything here except your comment. They are refunding your money, they have no obligations to you beyond that.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How long till I can just stop all the BS and buy the Ryan Davis bust I always wanted.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By GaspoweR

They should do CHINA DON'T MIND shirts!!! I think Ryan would love that as a joke coming from Norm and at the very least it's something different and at least CHINA DON'T CARE remains something unique. I unfortunately didn't get the chance to order the shirt the first time but we can always have one made anyway.